A Day Trip To Nevis with Lunch

We have a day stop in St. Kitts. We are considering staying in St. Kitts for a beach day or going on the Royal Caribbean

excursion to Nevis( A Day Trip to Nevis with Lunch). I have been considering this excursion for quite some

time but hesitate because of the price. If you have taken this excursion, please

let me know your thoughts. It looks like we will have some beach time with

this also, which pleases my family. Thank you in advance for your response.

If you mean the catamaran trip to Nevis we did it 2 years ago and had a fantastic time and beach we stopped at was beautiful. Highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did this excursion early in 2017 and enjoyed it very much. We had a beautiful day. We were taken to various places of interest on the island before going to lunch & the beach. The catamaran ride was so much fun!

However, just the next cruise - (we were doing a b2b) this excursion was cancelled because the ocean was too rough, even though it was a nice sunny day. We were very glad that we had gone on the first opportunity!

So glad you started this thread. I've been looking on the Ports of Call forum with no luck. I'm interested in this excursion as well. For those who have done it, did you feel like you missed out on St. Kitts by doing Nevis?

Not in the slightest as friends had already told us that there wasn't a great deal to see in St. Kitts so never considered anything other than the catamaran to Nevis.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Omg St a Kitts is loaded with things to see! It’s full of history and so beautiful. We took a taxi from the pier for 1/2 the cost and got a fabulous island tour of the sites. We were not on a ship while there instead visiting my son whom was going to school there. We were so busy for 5 days we never got to Nevis.

We have a day stop in St. Kitts. We are considering staying in St. Kitts for a beach day or going on the Royal Caribbean

excursion to Nevis( A Day Trip to Nevis with Lunch). I have been considering this excursion for quite some

time but hesitate because of the price. If you have taken this excursion, please

We just did this excursion on Christmas Day 2017. It is pricey but we felt it was a good way to see Nevis. I did not want to risk "missing the ship" which is why I booked through ship. We had a nice water taxi ride over, quick bathroom stop when got to Nevis, then onto cab/van toured a few spots - most beautiful Montpelier Resort then onto Pinneys Beach - greeted with rum punch at beachside grill (lunch included was good grilled grouper or jerk chicken with rice, very tasty). Right on beach with chair and umbrella provided. We relaxed and took short walk up beach to right to check out Four Seasons. Had a few hours on beach and then back via provided cab to water taxi.

Very nice day and poked through St Kitts shopping before back onto cruise ship.

I did not feel we missed St Kitts but can't really do both given time frame so have to choose.

We liked the Nevis lunch. I also heard the Fan-ta-sea Catamaran excursion is fun but my crew did not want to snorkel which is why I went with the plantation/lunch/beach one.

Have fun!

It sounds like everyone here had a better experience than we did with this excursion... If it was the same vendor. We had a rocky catamaran trip with lunch on the craft which was difficult as the water was rough that day. Arrived at Nevis and had nowhere to sit but on a picnic table.. The few chairs available were rickety lawn chairs, and we just sat baking until they were ready to head back. No tour was given. If we visit St Kitts again we'll stay there and maybe catch a tour.

Did this excursion this past year and we had a blast. Highly recommended

It sounds like everyone here had a better experience than we did with this excursion..

This is a different excursion. OP (I'm pretty sure) is asking about the one described in post #7, which is an accurate review. No frills ferry over, nice island tour, lunch at the Lime bar on Pinneys, beach time, ferry back.

Others (and I think you) are talking about just the catamaran sail over to Pinney's beach in Nevis. Some stop to snorkel, some do not. No facilities at the beach, unless you walk up to Sunshines, the Four Seasons, or the Lime bar.

Both are fun and worth the money, it just depends if you want to focus on the catamaran sail with open bar, or if you want to actually see Nevis, beyond the beach.

Edited by EatonDoolittle

We just did this excursion on Christmas Day 2017. It is pricey but we felt it was a good way to see Nevis. I did not want to risk "missing the ship" which is why I booked through ship. We had a nice water taxi ride over, quick bathroom stop when got to Nevis, then onto cab/van toured a few spots - most beautiful Montpelier Resort then onto Pinneys Beach - greeted with rum punch at beachside grill (lunch included was good grilled grouper or jerk chicken with rice, very tasty). Right on beach with chair and umbrella provided. We relaxed and took short walk up beach to right to check out Four Seasons. Had a few hours on beach and then back via provided cab to water taxi.

I did not feel we missed St Kitts but can't really do both given time frame so have to choose.

We liked the Nevis lunch. I also heard the Fan-ta-sea Catamaran excursion is fun but my crew did not want to snorkel which is why I went with the plantation/lunch/beach one.

Have fun!

Thank you for the full review! It sounds really nice to me, but... as it turns out, my other two family members opted to go on the ATV ship excursion. So, reluctantly and a little nervous about this, I am tagging along:o. Maybe next time I will make it to Nevis with the ship's excursion.

We did this excursion early in 2017 and enjoyed it very much. We had a beautiful day. We were taken to various places of interest on the island before going to lunch & the beach. The catamaran ride was so much fun!

However, just the next cruise - (we were doing a b2b) this excursion was cancelled because the ocean was too rough, even though it was a nice sunny day. We were very glad that we had gone on the first opportunity!

Thank you!

I took this excursion in May of 2014. It was one of the better Royal Excursions I have done. If it could be assumed that they still use the same operators then I would be happy to do it again.

If I recall correctly (and it's most likely since RC excursions are always pricier) you can get a better deal through a private company. We went to Nevis using Thenford Grey (I've toured with him several times when in St Kitts and have ALWAYS had a great day). When you get to Nevis you can hit up the eateries there (like Sunshines and get a Killer Bee) for a good bite - that's what we did. The wings there were fall off the bone amazing.

IMHO a private tour tends to be less of a cattle call too. We had a high speed boat across to Nevis - just a couple of us, not a bus load.

Now the beach in Nevis, was not as amazing as I was expecting (no shade etc) but it wasn't busy and the water was nice. Just go prepared with extra sun tan lotion or a hat to shade yourself!

-Judy

If I recall correctly (and it's most likely since RC excursions are always pricier) you can get a better deal through a private company. We went to Nevis using Thenford Grey (I've toured with him several times when in St Kitts and have ALWAYS had a great day). When you get to Nevis you can hit up the eateries there (like Sunshines and get a Killer Bee) for a good bite - that's what we did. The wings there were fall off the bone amazing.

IMHO a private tour tends to be less of a cattle call too. We had a high speed boat across to Nevis - just a couple of us, not a bus load.

Now the beach in Nevis, was not as amazing as I was expecting (no shade etc) but it wasn't busy and the water was nice. Just go prepared with extra sun tan lotion or a hat to shade yourself!

-Judy

I largely agree with you. The beach we stopped at Nevis was good enough, but the lunch they cooked was excellent. It was your typical grilled chicken and other picnic foods with a limited bar, but it was a very enjoyable day.

Have fun!

This sounds really wonderful! Since my family decided to go on the ATV tour instead, I will keep this idea on the back burner

for the next time we are in St. Kitts. Thanks so much for the review.

My son wanted to do the volcano hike but it looks closed out so thinking now of doing the ATV tour as well

I’d really like to go to Nevis but he’s been there done it said it’s boring unless I go without IDK the only port nothing is settled

• 1 month later...