Thank You!

BookDragon

Keep in mind that

1. If you use the gift cards, then cancel whatever it was you purchased with them, the refund will be in the form of a new gift card.

2. Depending on your travel insurance, either travel paid with gift card is not insurable, or it is insurable but only for the amount you can prove you paid for the gift card.

Keep in mind that

1. If you use the gift cards, then cancel whatever it was you purchased with them, the refund will be in the form of a new gift card.

2. Depending on your travel insurance, either travel paid with gift card is not insurable, or it is insurable but only for the amount you can prove you paid for the gift card.

Thank you! We will keep #1 in mind. And I didn't know that about the travel insurance/gift card thing. I read through all of the insurance documentation when we purchased the insurance, but don't remember seeing gift cards specifically mentioned. I will most definitely double check! Thx Again!

When you pay for your entire cruise with them, it really makes you feel the savings. I always take $1,000 in gift cards on board to pay my balance the last day of the cruise. When you have a $3,000 cruise + $1,000 in gift cards, it's nice to save that $400. That $400 can be applied toward the next cruise. :)

Many of us use the GC's to help pay for our cruises and to use on board for our cash accounts (when I cash out on the last night for any unused balance I get cash back and not the balance back on a GC). Many also use the AMEX offers throughout the year, make a $500 payment to CCL using your AMEX card and get a $100 statement credit, so you only payback $400 to AMEX. Can use this offer under different names if you have authorized users and multiply that credit.

There are ways to add those discounts up and on my next cruise (Easter) my total discounts/savings was just under $500 total with the GC's and the AMEX offers by final payment date. Add that to the great rate I recevied when I booked (Magic balcony deck 7) plus the $100 OBC I rec'd, my son was free & DH and I nicely discounted from original rate.