SeaDoo Sea Scooter

How manoeuverable is it? Does it slow down quickly? I'm just wondering how practical it would be in crowded snorkelling conditions, like Mare, where there is often a lot of people in the water at one time.

Also how does the water flow from it affect visibility? Do you have to shut it off before looking at the coral, or can you see it all clearly while still moving.?

Fairly maneuverable, it has a turning circle of a metre or so. As for controls, you have 2 buttons that need to be held in for it to go, as soon as you release the buttons the prop stops and you come to a stop virtually straight away.

You hold the scooter with your arms out but down slightly. As your head is well above the prop it doesn't affect visibility at all.

There is 1 thing to be careful of, the propeller sends the water down your body, if you are not careful you can lose your pants. It almost happened to me, luckily I was the only one in the pool and didn't traumatize anybody.

How manoeuverable is it? Does it slow down quickly? I'm just wondering how practical it would be in crowded snorkelling conditions, like Mare, where there is often a lot of people in the water at one time.

Also how does the water flow from it affect visibility? Do you have to shut it off before looking at the coral, or can you see it all clearly while still moving.?

I found Mare sparsely populated compared with sacred rock Isle de pines.

Fairly maneuverable, it has a turning circle of a metre or so. As for controls, you have 2 buttons that need to be held in for it to go, as soon as you release the buttons the prop stops and you come to a stop virtually straight away.

You hold the scooter with your arms out but down slightly. As your head is well above the prop it doesn't affect visibility at all.

There is 1 thing to be careful of, the propeller sends the water down your body, if you are not careful you can lose your pants. It almost happened to me, luckily I was the only one in the pool and didn't traumatize anybody.

Still sounds encouraging. I usually tie my swimmers on with a truckies hitch! [emoji2]

Excellent, how about the noise levels?

I found Mare sparsely populated compared with sacred rock Isle de pines.

Yes, but bigdavefc mentioned Mare and Mystery Island. I haven't been to Mystery Island yet but the lagoon at Mare had some points where it got crowded when we were there.

Thanks and, being female, I'll be safe if I wear a one piece swimsuit ;p.

Excellent, how about the noise levels?

Not too bad... out of the water its no worse than a blender. In the water the majority of the sound is muffled and is a fairly gentle hum, however the hum does travel (you could hear it at the other end of the pool but it wasn't at an annoying level)

Not too bad... out of the water its no worse than a blender. In the water the majority of the sound is muffled and is a fairly gentle hum, however the hum does travel (you could hear it at the other end of the pool but it wasn't at an annoying level)

Excellent.

Lets just say there is big, bigger, Mt Everest and then me ;p

These days I register with both the Japanese and Greenpeace before I go snorkeling so I don't get harpooned or dragged back to sea.

If it moves me it will move a small truck

but will it move a little bloke like me :evilsmile::D

Yes, but bigdavefc mentioned Mare and Mystery Island. I haven't been to Mystery Island yet but the lagoon at Mare had some points where it got crowded when we were there.

I guess if you 'do the right thing' at Mare and don't go out past the buoys, it could be a little crowded. We were there on Explorer OS so 2000-3000 pax, on a stunning day and barely saw another snorkeler. There can be some rips and currents along the outer reef but the SeaDoo should help.

Mystery Island is good snorkelling and depending on the winds and currents you can usually find some quieter spots. It is a crescent shaped atoll but the outer reef may be out of reach without a boat.

Thanks Dave.

I guess the next question is:

How long does the battery last towing us before we have to start towing the SeaDoo?

[emoji482] Mick [emoji482]

Thanks Dave.

I guess the next question is:

How long does the battery last towing us before we have to start towing the SeaDoo?

[emoji482] Mick [emoji482]

They say about an hour to an hour and a half. We only used it for about 45mins and never had an issue with the battery but will be giving it a "sea trial" up at Swansea this week... I should have more of an idea then.