RCI won't remove the balcony dividers anymore!

57grandma

I am soooooo upset! We have 3 Boardwalk balcony cabins! I called RCI to see if they would remove the 2 dividers upon arrival and was told that they are no longer removing them except for cleaning ( for safety purposes)! We are 6 seniors taking our first cruise together-we have all cruised before once or twice,but I am the one to organize this on Harmony after having a boardwalk cabin on Allure. Has anyone else heard this? I wish we could sign some kind of release form............

I am soooooo upset! We have 3 Boardwalk balcony cabins! I called RCI to see if they would remove the 2 dividers upon arrival and was told that they are no longer removing them except for cleaning ( for safety purposes)! We are 6 seniors taking our first cruise together-we have all cruised before once or twice,but I am the one to organize this on Harmony after having a boardwalk cabin on Allure. Has anyone else heard this? I wish we could sign some kind of release form............

Ask your stateroom attendant on the ship, you may get a different answer.

It's not unusual for the customer service reps to have no idea about what goes on during the cruise.

since it matters so much, drop him an extra $20 to let him know that you and the family appreciate it! with the so-so air conditioners on our last cruise, i tipped our steward for grabbing us a fan. lol

There is absolutely no need to "drop" him anything to do this. If you want to give extra at the end of your cruise that's the time to do it ;)

Do you know about the aft cabins on the Indy? They look similar to the side facing but I never paid that much attention.

Balcony dividers on aft-facing staterooms on Voyager/Freedom class cannot be opened.

we opened our own last cruise and closed it at night. No one ever said a thing.:)

If you do open it yourself (I believe you need a tool to do that), be sure to carefully close and secure it when done....one cruise ship that recently went through a powerful storm, had some improperly closed balcony divider's get blown around and break windows....:eek: