Celebrity Future Cruise Certificates given as compensation

cruisenovice6

7 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I'm also in the situation that khalubear is.  My question is if the FCC is applied as a reduction of the cruise fare or if it is applied as a payment?

Ours was treated as a reduction of the fare.   

I am really surprised at the level of compensation mentioned in a few of the posts on here.

We have recently disembarked the Reflection TA which was the worst cruise in 44 cruises we have been on.  The bathroom flooded 5 times even coming over the step into the cabin.  We were informed that there were no cabins available but miraculously after 11 days they found one.  To further add insult to injury, the cabin we moved to, had used bed linen on,  and  a really bad noise issue which we later found out  was  the reason the previous occupant had been moved.

We were polite at all times at guest services, never raised our voices once but the service was sadly lacking.  We eventually talked to the Captains Club host who went immediately down to Guest services on our behalf.  They have given  us FCC for £100 to be used in the next 2 years.

I have a question with respect to the Future Cruise Certificate (FCC).

The cruise we were booked on (January 31/2020, Silhouette) has been cancelled. I cannot say enough good things about how we have been treated by Celebrity and how they have handled the situation.

In the interest of brevity, we have booked 2 cruises for the same time period (approximately), back-to-back. The first of the two cruises maintained the original booking ID number. The second cruise, was issued separately and given its own booking ID number.  One of the compensation offers we were given included a Future Cruise Certificate, which we will be allowed to use toward the second of the two cruises. 

Since I have never had a Future Cruise Certificate before, and since we have to wait until it is somehow issued, does this certificate arrive in the mail? Or is it electronic? A simple question to my esteemed CC members! :)  Thanks in advance!

8 minutes ago, RealBatman said:

Since I have never had a Future Cruise Certificate before, and since we have to wait until it is somehow issued, does this certificate arrive in the mail? Or is it electronic? A simple question to my esteemed CC members! 🙂  Thanks in advance!

Ours arrived in the mail, but that was in October 2010. Many things have progressed since then.