RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Your children had excellent role models, :cool: as then does their children as they passed it on. Your well behaved grandchildren would be most welcomed into the lounges....probably bored silly...but welcomed. ;)

The out of control children have no parenting, shame as it will affect them later on.

Thanks Pat. They have to be strict as they are outnumbered!!

The boys would be bored and it wouldn't be fair to bring them into a space where they would have to sit quietly. They definitely need outdoor time!!

I go away for a weekend thinking it can’t get any weirder.... it does.

I am not a fan of the cruiselines pretending to be governments, and forbidding legal items. So Graupau27, I am with you on the righteous nature of your nature... but I am completely against your pretending to be pure as the driven snow, while be a low down smuggler of 6 San Miquels. I quite like those. They are never ever in any store I have ever been in, in the USA. Have partaken them in England and in Spain. Probably the most famous beer I can’t get here.

JC

Is now the time to confess that I was going on bring my Emotional Support St Bernard on Harmony this Saturday, with his flask full of Brandy. Did I forget to mention that he is not toilet trained and his mouth is level with the top of the appetizer buffet in the Suite Lounge?

I think that covers most of the topics, well expect that he has no suit for formal night. :')

Thank you for a great laugh this morning.

I go away for a weekend thinking it can’t get any weirder.... it does.

I am not a fan of the cruiselines pretending to be governments, and forbidding legal items. So Graupau27, I am with you on the righteous nature of your nature... but I am completely against your pretending to be pure as the driven snow, while be a low down smuggler of 6 San Miquels. I quite like those. They are never ever in any store I have ever been in, in the USA. Have partaken them in England and in Spain. Probably the most famous beer I can’t get here.

JC

Thanks,no more beer brought on ship by me might look at a bottle of wine for Independence in May our first cruise since last June.

On Freedom, (or at least they used to) the card rooms on the other side of the VCL were used as overflow for the DL. They even put up a temporary bar in there. Kept running out of glasses, but I just asked for refills poured into my wine glass which helped. Not sure if they are using that now?
No overflow last week while on freedom. D Lounge was super busy with over 400 D, 180+ D+ and 40+ P. By second night people were lining up then take a glass or two to sit in olive and twist.

CL was a little better but i didnt like the small windowless room. Although junior and joy were excellent servers.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

OMG...did they ever finally finish that scrubber progject? Bucky talked to one of the contractors one night on deck who was off duty. He said it was supposed to be a six month project...obviously that went way, way over the planned six months! :eek:
Scrubber sproject is done. Seven of hearts and Cloud nine are accessible again. Also the deck outside of cloud nine was useable for anyone.

Is now the time to confess that I was going on bring my Emotional Support St Bernard on Harmony this Saturday, with his flask full of Brandy. Did I forget to mention that he is not toilet trained and his mouth is level with the top of the appetizer buffet in the Suite Lounge?

I would LOVE to see a photo of that!

Best post in this thread to date.

Can somebody Please remind me what this thread is supposed to be about, I thought is was DL policy, but now it is more about Cats and Beer smuggling, no wonder it is over 2500 posts as it has turned into a chat room on many subjects.

Can somebody Please remind me what this thread is supposed to be about, I thought is was DL policy, but now it is more about Cats and Beer smuggling, no wonder it is over 2500 posts as it has turned into a chat room on many subjects.

Isn't that typical of many threads. 😉

BTW, it started out as loyalty lounges being crowded.

I would reply, but if i did my response would be “off subject” ...................;)

Dang I fell at the first hurdle............................

Isn't that typical of many threads. 😉

BTW, it started out as loyalty lounges being crowded.

But I did post about the DL.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We have noticed that with some of the concierges over the last couple years. A few of them spend a lot of time on their computers. Most are out and about mingling. In one lounge the bartender had to leave from time to time to get supplies. When he was gone people had to wait for his return to got a drink. One passenger started to pour his own drink and that was the only time I ever saw that concierge get out from behind his desk. Fortunately most of the concierges are not like that.

I would go into the CL on Rhapsody at 6:30-7:00 am for coffee and would find concierge Alan in there (well ahead of his listed 8 am scheduled time) using the computer. He did this to free up time later to circulate with the guests during happy hour, which he did beautifully. He is one of the best. :)

Monty was the nickname of our city football club goalkeeper.

My mam and dad continued keeping cats and dogs until they they both died November 2nd 2011(mam) March 5th 2012(dad).

Their cat was called lewis and one of their neighbours asked for him so we let him stay with them.

Oh gosh...you had me imagining Monty the kitty cat going off to find the holy grail!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a 1975 British slapstick comedy film concerning the Arthurian legend, written and performed by the Monty Python comedy group (Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin), and directed by Gilliam and Jones.[n 1] It was conceived during the hiatus between the third and fourth series of their BBC television series Monty Python's Flying Circus.

I would go into the CL on Rhapsody at 6:30-7:00 am for coffee and would find concierge Alan in there (well ahead of his listed 8 am scheduled time) using the computer. He did this to free up time later to circulate with the guests during happy hour, which he did beautifully. He is one of the best. :)

The DL concierge on Vision in February out of Dubai greeted everyone on entry and exit.

He also brought about 50% of guests drinks.

He printed our plane boarding passes as well.

He asked everyone not to take drinks out of the DL which we all adhered to.

Oh gosh...you had me imagining Monty the kitty cat going off to find the holy grail!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a 1975 British slapstick comedy film concerning the Arthurian legend, written and performed by the Monty Python comedy group (Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin), and directed by Gilliam and Jones.[n 1] It was conceived during the hiatus between the third and fourth series of their BBC television series Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Jimmy Montgomery was a local lad who was our best ever goalkeeper and still a club ambassador even though he is in his 70s now.

As a Sunderland fan aged 10 Monty was my hero as i was a goalkeeper for my junior school so we called our cat after him.

Thanks i never hide anything because the 6 small cans of San Miguel are always in view and no one has said anything before on embarkation day.

I agree as D+ i can have plenty in the DL or CL,the 5.4% San Miguel in Spain is not available in England

Graham...I think embarkation is quite different in Europe than it is here in the states. Mostly here they are looking for the type of people that stoop so far as to do that gross thing (and even post video classes on how to do it) with putting liquor in mouthwash bottles...etc. Think how popular the "rum runner" threads were. Google up "smuggling liquor on cruise ships"...you will find hundreds of them. :o

And right now with Spring break going on...they are very attuned to the under age kids smuggling liquor on board. And rightly should be, they get into way too much trouble and some like to do "swan dives" off the balconies...very sad.

Guys...give Graham a break and move on....it's getting redundant and he is not the major smuggler you are making him out to be. Give it rest. :rolleyes:

Edited by island lady

The DL concierge on Vision in February out of Dubai greeted everyone on entry and exit.

He also brought about 50% of guests drinks.

He printed our plane boarding passes as well.

He asked everyone not to take drinks out of the DL which we all adhered to.

He was psychic because my mam knew when i was nearly home because he always stood at the front door a few minutes before i got home.

Thanks Pat. They have to be strict as they are outnumbered!!

The boys would be bored and it wouldn't be fair to bring them into a space where they would have to sit quietly. They definitely need outdoor time!!

LOL..that's what I thought. ;)

No overflow last week while on freedom. D Lounge was super busy with over 400 D, 180+ D+ and 40+ P. By second night people were lining up then take a glass or two to sit in olive and twist.

CL was a little better but i didnt like the small windowless room. Although junior and joy were excellent servers.

Yikes...for me that would be just the right time to give up and just use drink vouchers elsewhere...or go back to our cabin and enjoy another glass of wine on the balcony. ;)