iPod and texting

Kierste

My daughter uses her iPod to text her friends, on our last cruise I promised I would pay for whatever I needed to so she could text on our next cruise (we will be gone three weeks... too long for a 13 year old without friend contact!)... she has to connect to WiFi, it’s just an iPod... and will find WiFi in port etc I am sure. But if I got her the 100 minutes package would that work for texting? How does it work, would she have to disconnect from WiFi whenever she wasn’t using her iPod so it didn’t eat the minutes? Or is it only really for surfing and emails and would allow her text whenever and she wouldn’t have to take it off WiFi?

I'm going on the escape soon and someone in that group posted that when they were on escape last month and there was a social messaging package. Five bucks a day but you can use apps like Facebook messenger and whatsapp. No idea if imessage counts too or if it's on other ships.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oooh, that's tough unless you actually can afford unlimited for 3 weeks. Can you work out a deal with her that she can text, but for just 15-20 minutes a day at a certain time? Her and her friends can coordinate and you can help remind her she needs to log off. Just trying to head off an argument in case she forgets, but tries to use your "promise to pay whatever" against you.

We have used iconcierge before for texting each other but I think you had to be connected to the ships WiFi for that too... so if she has iconcierge on her iPod as well as I pay for the minutes, that sounds like it will complicate things even more. I may just have to do the unlimited, and then I know we can all use her device if we need too. Thanks everyone!

We have used iconcierge before for texting each other but I think you had to be connected to the ships WiFi for that too... so if she has iconcierge on her iPod as well as I pay for the minutes, that sounds like it will complicate things even more. I may just have to do the unlimited, and then I know we can all use her device if we need too. Thanks everyone!

If you get the unlimited you can share it among any number of devices. The only catch is that only one can be connected at a time.