I am picturing a modern age Titanic

Casper259

Just for clarification purposes, I did not write that sentence. That was added to a post I did write but it implies that I wrote the comment about butter, which I did not. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the problem with people not using quote facility correctly. (Some posts are very difficult to understand as a result). :rolleyes:

That's the problem with people not using quote facility correctly. (Some posts are very difficult to understand as a result). :rolleyes:

Exactly! The only thing that irks me more online than poor grammar and spelling is when something is misattributed to me. Oh well... *sigh*!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The numbers might show flying as the safest mode but I’ll take my chances with a good ship any day!

Is it because passenger planes don't have miniature emergency planes on side and a parachute under the seats the way that ships have lifeboats and life jackets in case of emergency?:')

The motorcycle numbers are mainly the result of untrained and inexperienced riders combined with inattentive drivers, alcohol, and/or stupidity. Imagine the death toll if the majority of pilots had the same combination that the majority or motorcycle riders have.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

In an effort to be helpful - I just got back from the Seaside and during the safety drill they said the life jackets will be provided at muster. I also happened to be sitting next to a large crew entrance/emergency door that led to the lifeboats when the crew did a safety drill and tested launching the lifeboats (very fun to watch!). Through the door you could see cabinets along the entire wall with life jacket symbols so I assume that's where many are stored. Personally I think it makes tons of sense to store most of them next to the life boats and not in rooms.

Does she know to bring her own butter, as well has her own life jacket?

Just for clarification purposes, I did not write that sentence. That was added to a post I did write but it implies that I wrote the comment about butter, which I did not. Thanks.

Apologies for the misquote. :o

IMO it's much better having them elsewhere - I never could understand the idea of going back to your cabin - possibly pushing against crowds of people going the other direction (eg they're going down if you're going up) getting the life jacket and heading back to where you started?

Of course it is legal and will be recommended by SOLAS organisations.

Don't let this worry you - MSC captains have years of experience. You're in safe hands

Because first impressions matter, that’s why. When a person decides that his first post on CC is going to be a melodramatic whingefest and is threatening to cancel, it immediately gives a bad impression of said poster. That’s why.

Does she know to bring her own butter, as well has her own life jacket?

Too funny :D, but we still have not gotten to the bottom of "Buttergate".

Hard time believing they wouldn't be in your room. Honestly I wouldn't go back to my room I'd panick with my kid and go to a muster station. Grab a life jacket and get on a safety boat or whatever they are called.

Cruise crew are trained and it's not Titanic times not enough life jackets or boats. These ships are very safe, don't worry go to your muster station for the drill and everything will be explained.

Don't worry be happy, your cruise will be safe and you'l have a wonderful time!