Noise on Deck 3 from Torshavn and the theatre?

Nicci1

I’m wondering which Deck 3 cabins to avoid booking, as I’ve read somewhere that noise can be heard above those 2 venues. From the deck plan it looks like 3046 to 3057 and 3002 to 3025 might have problems?

I’m wondering which Deck 3 cabins to avoid booking, as I’ve read somewhere that noise can be heard above those 2 venues. From the deck plan it looks like 3046 to 3057 and 3002 to 3025 might have problems?

Can only speak for 3010 but we had no problems if we were in out cabin during an event.

We had 3004 on the Star and I would never book it again. The noise from the morning shore excursion announcements ("group x, your bus is ready now...") bled through to our cabin. Some of those tours leave way too early for my taste and I resented being woken up before 8 am when my own tour didn't leave for over an hour and a half later.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We had 3004 on the Star and I would never book it again. The noise from the morning shore excursion announcements ("group x, your bus is ready now...") bled through to our cabin. Some of those tours leave way too early for my taste and I resented being woken up before 8 am when my own tour didn't leave for over an hour and a half later.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Your results may vary. We were usually on some excursion early. So you have to adjust to your schedule to see if it would work for you. If we did not attend a lecture or show in the evening we did not hear it.

Your results may vary. We were usually on some excursion early. So you have to adjust to your schedule to see if it would work for you. If we did not attend a lecture or show in the evening we did not hear it.

The results won't vary. If you are in your cabin while other people are in the theatre waiting for their tour to be called, you WILL hear it if you are in cabin 3004.

BTW. I asked at Guest Services for the volume of the microphone be turned down in deference to those who like to sleep in, and it made no difference. You could still hear the murmur. You will also hear the band practice if you are in your cabin while they're in the theatre. That we didn't mind as much as the early morning noise.

The results won't vary. If you are in your cabin while other people are in the theatre waiting for their tour to be called, you WILL hear it if you are in cabin 3004.

BTW. I asked at Guest Services for the volume of the microphone be turned down in deference to those who like to sleep in, and it made no difference. You could still hear the murmur. You will also hear the band practice if you are in your cabin while they're in the theatre. That we didn't mind as much as the early morning noise.

The variation in the results is the difference between being in the cabin and not in the cabin. If someone is out and about early they will not have the same result as someone who wants to sleep in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The variation in the results is the difference between being in the cabin and not in the cabin. If someone is out and about early they will not have the same result as someone who wants to sleep in.

Actually we are not early birds ! We had been to all ports before so didnt take any early shore excursions. Still didnt hear the announcements unless of course the TV was tuned to the right channel.

Thanks. I think we speak the same language since you understood exactly what I meant.

Oh, you mean like "If tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" ;)

In less than two weeks, I’ll be in 3079, I’ll let you know

If you look at the deck plans on the Viking website, you will see that 3079 is above The Restaurant, not Torshavn or the theatre. The noise is vertical, from directly below the cabins. I've never heard of any issues for those above The Restaurant.

We are in cabin 3055....Torshavn noise is quite loud until 1130 or 1200 ....our solution...stay up later! Not

The best but trying to stay positive. 120 days is a long time to be irritated. You will be entertained by my story of the morning music. Every morning at 6 AM we heard quite loud singing when I open the door it’s seem to be coming from below us in the lobby. I went to guest services and they told me the noise was automatic and could not be adjusted The noise seem to increase each day so one morning I took the situation in hand dressed quickly and haphazardly at 6 AM and marched myself downstairs. Torshavn ‘s door was ajar I opened it expecting to find a cleaning crew with music blaring but instead found a loan gentleman with his phone plugged into all the electronics on full blast who said he was practicing his singing no he was not an entertainer from the ship. Bob was very gracious when I told him that he was waking us each morning we agreed that 7:30 AM would be a much more appropriate time to fine-tune his lovely voice . morning noise solved not by Viking by me but I did share the fun story with guest services and they smile nicely and said they were glad that all was resolved.

Our cabin neighbors were most greatful too. I would say AVOID this cabin unless you are a night owl. I really think aViking should make this a v1. It is noisy. Last cruise we were in 3003 and much preferred anchor noise.

Edited by deec

I think that would be a real test for me to be patient if I were you Deec. I applaud your ability to attitude, and am glad you were able to resolve at least one end of the problem in the mornings. I do wonder why this gentleman needs the speakers at full volume.....and I wonder if the cabins on deck 3 absorb all the sound from Torshaven and the theatre, or if it continues to drift upward to decks above these particular cabins as well...

Based on what you are experiencing, I would also agree that it should be a V1 cabin

Nice thought unless you plan to sleep sometime.

Deec the morning story is hysterical. What the heck was he thinking? Full volume! Good for you for talking to him.

I always bring earplugs....I wear them at home as I am a light sleeper. Sometimes, however, the noise still comes through!

Ear plugs are no match for the crooning and base/woofer speakers. I really think he had no idea that it could bother anyone. I had no idea and had walked the halls of the ship last year while on the SKY ....you can barely hear it from the hall.

3068 is the other side of the atrium and far from Torshavn. Most rooms on deck 3 are fine! I think the v category is the Best Buy on the ship’s ....But you must not not want much pop because mini bars are not stocked after first day. We are adjusting and will know in the future 3055 is to be avoided!