Wanted: Opinion from the experts

SeaSickCecil

I'm not sure what nerve I struck with you. I asked for opinions and you have decided to attack me...I didn't say I was nervous, and I don't think my going or not going would ruin it for the other 2500 people on the ship. If I weren't willing to enjoy the adventure I wouldn't even be looking at this cruise or any cruise. I have tried to answer the negative comments politely, but as usual on CC, that is taken as weakness and only encourages more attacks.

So, I guess the question back to you is: Are you going on this cruise, or are you going to let my question ruin it for you?

I booked early last year. The problem is that these threads bring out all of the nay sayers, who use them to trash everything in sight....

I'd like to say thank you to everyone except ronbe65 and Tennessee Titan for staying on topic, providing your positive comments and addressing what might be expected on a new ship. I've learned so much on CC, especially that any topic, no matter how mundane will bring out the HAL bashers, the flame throwers and the just plan nasty. But I do keep coming back and risking it for those of you who are kind and are willing to share your knowledge. The majority of this conversation has been very helpful and encouraging. I'm going to be keeping my eye on this cruise and may see some of you on the NS in December.

Happy cruising.

I certainly agree with your comments about CC - I've just about abandoned it due to nasty complainers.

I was on the first Koningsdam Caribbean cruise and loved it. For my next winter cruise, I'm only looking at the Koningsdam and the Nieuw Statendam. I can't make the TA for various reasons.

Thanks for that information navybankerteacher. That is so helpful. Looks like you'll sail without me this time SeaSickCecil. :(

I may pass on this one, too, given that I don't have the ability to change vacation plans on the spur of the moment...still working full time puts a crimp in that kind of thing. But I'll hope to meet up with you sometime.

Maybe on the NS in 2019!

Still fun to dream...

Checked cabin availability last night and it looks like the NS won't miss me or Miss G...Neptune and Signature Suites are showing sold out. So all of you already booked please have a wonderful time and come back here and write a review so those of us who will follow can hear how it went.

Thanks everybody.

Rachel

ONE OF the main reasons I would not book a Maiden Voyage is because I know a crew has to work together for a lentht of time to get their rhytmn going. Though some crew may be very experienced they have not tqken care of q ship full of gusts togetheas a eam . Some won't even nfully know their way around the ship. I'd rather sail when they have their 'game going'.

OMG, this just reminded me. I have a signature suite booked for my upcoming cruise. Last night I dreamt that they put me in a shared crew cabin, with 6 bunks, on Deck 1. And because I was the newbie they were really mean to me! When I went to Guest Services they accused me of lying. So weird lol

We some day also would like to do any inaugural cruise on a new ship. I think that to be the first passengers on the first cruise, to explore the ship & experience it all would be fun and great bragging rights. The next new build is in 2021, I think. Go for it & enjoy. I think there was also a threat started by people who plan on sailing on her, not a roll call.

Allan