On an average sailing, what % of bookings do you think are GTY?

Unless the perks make a big difference to you, the GTY bookings are so much less...but for some people the prospect of not picking your cabin is a total deal breaker.

I wonder what percentage usually goes GTY?

I doubt anyone here would have a clue.

Unless the perks make a big difference to you, the GTY bookings are so much less...but for some people the prospect of not picking your cabin is a total deal breaker.

My friend and I booked an inside guaranty and we received the UBP as a promo. The only ones I saw that didn't offer a promo was the sail away rate.

Candi

My friend and I booked an inside guaranty and we received the UBP as a promo. The only ones I saw that didn't offer a promo was the sail away rate.

Candi

I think when most people talk about a guarantee, they are speaking of the sail-away.. The guarantees that include the promo occur when a category is sold out or near sold out and you are paying that rate but getting a guarantee. We just did this for our son on our upcoming cruise. Booked the lowest inside that came with promo and it was listed as guarantee. Within a day or so they were assigned a cabin, which would have been a midship inside category at the rate of $150 bucks more.

I had an odd experience recently with another cruise line's web site. The cruise is in 2019 and the options offered for the type of cabin I wanted were (1) choose it myself with a refundable deposit, (2) choose it myself with a non-refundable deposit, and (3) let them choose it with a non-refundable deposit. The odd part was that #3 was the most expensive of the three even though the deposit was non-refundable. However, that cruise line is notorious for the glitchiness of its web site.

I had an odd experience recently with another cruise line's web site. The cruise is in 2019 and the options offered for the type of cabin I wanted were (1) choose it myself with a refundable deposit, (2) choose it myself with a non-refundable deposit, and (3) let them choose it with a non-refundable deposit. The odd part was that #3 was the most expensive of the three even though the deposit was non-refundable. However, that cruise line is notorious for the glitchiness of its web site.
Yea, I've seen that on their site. I've also seen it non refundable we choose or refundable you choose with the latter being the one a few hundred less! Though most of the time the prices go how you think.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not picking my cabin is a total deal breaker for me. I had a cabin in a bad place once (think noise coming from machinery below us that woke us up several times each night) and that was the last time I will ever not choose my cabin.