Dawn: what are your favorite things?

lfcmannebach1075

I was just looking at Patti & Jose's website and it shows that March 25 -April 20th they will be on the Dawn out of Tampa. Then from May 18th to - June 22nd and August 27th to November 9th ..... But I would think that this would be subject to change. Jan

Oh Sh#& I know they did stop preforming for awhile. Apparently that has changed and you might know they will be on the Dawn just before and right after we sail. :loudcry:

On the Dawn one month from today so this post has been helpful. Thank you everyone!

I know there are some smokers in our group. Is there an area off to the side on the deck by the pool where they are able to smoke? Something with tables and chairs? There was a tiny area on the Epic, considering how many passengers it holds. They were packed in like sardines.

On the Dawn one month from today so this post has been helpful. Thank you everyone!

I know there are some smokers in our group. Is there an area off to the side on the deck by the pool where they are able to smoke? Something with tables and chairs? There was a tiny area on the Epic, considering how many passengers it holds. They were packed in like sardines.

My sister in law is a smoker and there was plenty of of places to smoke. One side of the pool deck was smoking and on deck 7 on one side you could smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My sister in law is a smoker and there was plenty of of places to smoke. One side of the pool deck was smoking and on deck 7 on one side you could smoke.

My parents just recently got off the dawn. My mom is a smoker and was very please by this ship. To the point she even wrote to ncl. They were recently on the escape and she was frustrated by lack of smoking areas and being stuck in a tiny spot. Said the dawn made her feel more welcome with spread out areas that she could sit and socialize while having a smoke.

Was on the Dawn repo from San Juan to Tampa last week. I felt Los Lobos was not worth the money. Service was bad. Food was just okay.

As for the service and food in the free dining rooms, it was a lot better in Aqua than the Venetian. One example of the food was my friend ordered lasagna in the Venetian and had to send it back because it was so cold, the cheese on top was hard. The one they brought her to replace it was not really any better. Another friend ordered lasagna in Aqua a few nights later and it was so hot the cheese was melting down the sides.

One highlight of the cruise was Leo at Topsiders Bar. He was always so happy. He was entertaining and made good drinks.

We were on deck 8 and our cabin was next to the aft elevators. We were afraid we would get a lot of noise from the Bliss Lounge, but didn't hear anything except for our last night and it wasn't bad.

Of course a cruise is what you make it. After over 20 NCL cruises, we still had a good time and are looking forward to our next cruise. We were sailing with friends and also made new friends.

Vicki

The Dawn does not have a slide but they have a pretty cool kids area. Not sure what age your kids are. I have some pictures somewhere if you want to see them.

Lol, my kids are 17 and 20, but they are boys and are still impressed with slides, surfing pools etc. That said we have sailed Princess and Celebrity and everyone still had a good time so no worries.

I am glad to have read this thread. I am considering the Dawn to Bermuda (only been on Breakaway class) for summer 2018. If anyone has sailed and has opinions, I would love to hear. There's no waterslide right?

We have been on the Dawn many times for Bermuda, and one repo cruise. This year we are planning to be on board for the 2 week round trip in October.

We have never sailed with children, so we can't comment on that aspect, but the Dawn has activities and a kiddie pool area. No there is not a waterslide or climbing wall, but we always have a great time on the Dawn. Read the Daily for a list of the day's activities.

There is no need to make reservations for the MDR or the theater, as you might need to on the Mega ships. Dawn's service and entertainment is very good, and the ship underwent a multimillion dollar dry dock in 2016. She looks great.

We usually book balcony cabins on deck 9 for Bermuda cruises, but for our 14 day we booked an OV on deck 5 to save some money.

The Dawn has a mixed crowd of passengers for the Bermuda runs, ranging from young families, to senior citizens. The longer cruises, like the one we're taking attracts more seniors. This ship has something for all ages. Bermuda is fabulous, and it's a pleasure to be there for almost 3 days.

Lol, my kids are 17 and 20, but they are boys and are still impressed with slides, surfing pools etc. That said we have sailed Princess and Celebrity and everyone still had a good time so no worries.

In 2019, The Gem will be homeporting in Boston. She does have slides.

Love all this info: We haven't been on the Dawn for about 5 years so know we are going to see lots of changes when we board in early May. Some one mentioned Patti and Jose, we loved them but know they left the ships a year or maybe even more ago. We do look forward to atrium entertainment and the piano bar. When we were on the Dawn I don't remember Los Lobos, so am looking forward to it.

Again thanks everyone for your update on the ship.

Jose and Patti are still on the Dawn, not year round but see their website for schedule https://www.joseandpatti.com/calendarandschedule/

They are the best!

Also agree with recommendations for piano bar and Bimini Bar (especially for sail away and evenings/sunset). La Cucina on the Dawn is the best of any of the other ships we’ve been on and you can sit at tables outside and be part of piano bar during dinner.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

yes, there is a smoking area on one side of the deck, I can't remember which it was. There is also the cigar bar for smoking.

yes, there is a smoking area on one side of the deck, I can't remember which it was. There is also the cigar bar for smoking.

Unfortunately, it was the port side (our side of the ship). It was like walking the gauntlet every time we went through. Our cabin was on deck 12, port side, so it was the natural way for us to walk to the aft of the ship or back to our cabin. After a few days, we did our best to remember to walk on the other side of the deck.

The smoking area is huge (the whole port side of the pool deck near the railings, so if you are looking for a ship with a large area for smokers, this is it.

Sailed the Dawn twice. Once after the refurb. I love the stadium seating sun deck. Thought it was a great spot to watch the pool deck action. Also thoroughly enjoyed Los Lobos on our recent trip.

My wife and I did miss the Spinnaker Lounge that made way for the Haven during the refurb.

We haven’t been on since the refurb. They added a Haven on the Dawn?

My questions are directed to those who have cruised post-refurb :)

• With the UBP, are we able to sit at the bar and drink at Los Lobos? And perhaps pay for apps?
  • With the UPB, is the a bar at Moderno that we can do the same, without eating? I'm all about being a carnivore, but I'm a huge strawberry Caipirinha fan :)
  • On NCL Epic, there was a very quiet sun deck on 18 forward. Any idea if such a place is on the Dawn? (I mean like crickets quiet.

Okay....go!

•  
  • With the UBP, are we able to sit at the bar and drink at Los Lobos? And perhaps pay for apps?

• With the UPB, is the a bar at Moderno that we can do the same, without eating? I'm all about being a carnivore, but I'm a huge strawberry Caipirinha fan :)

• On NCL Epic, there was a very quiet sun deck on 18 forward. Any idea if such a place is on the Dawn? (I mean like crickets quiet.

Okay....go!

You can sit at both bars mentioned and drink without eating.

There is a very quiet spot at the front of the ship and we were there every day. There is a hot tub there also no one was ever in. Deck 13

Okay....go!

The Sugarcane Mojito Bar is right there by Moderno. Super yummy drinks. But it can get kinda busy as the bartenders are keeping up with restaurant orders.

Was on the Dawn repo from San Juan to Tampa last week. I felt Los Lobos was not worth the money. Service was bad. Food was just okay.

As for the service and food in the free dining rooms, it was a lot better in Aqua than the Venetian. One example of the food was my friend ordered lasagna in the Venetian and had to send it back because it was so cold, the cheese on top was hard. The one they brought her to replace it was not really any better. Another friend ordered lasagna in Aqua a few nights later and it was so hot the cheese was melting down the sides.

One highlight of the cruise was Leo at Topsiders Bar. He was always so happy. He was entertaining and made good drinks.

We were on deck 8 and our cabin was next to the aft elevators. We were afraid we would get a lot of noise from the Bliss Lounge, but didn't hear anything except for our last night and it wasn't bad.

Of course a cruise is what you make it. After over 20 NCL cruises, we still had a good time and are looking forward to our next cruise. We were sailing with friends and also made new friends.

Vicki

Our cabin will be on deck 8 near the aft elevators also, so we were wondering about noise from the Bliss Lounge as well. Thanks for the info! Hopefully it won't be an issue.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Sitting in the Garden Buffet in dock in Tampa on disembarkation day. Some of my favorites were the forward sun deck on deck 12, deck 9 of the atrium above O’Sheeghan’s (watch for Joesph the waiter - great guy!), and the pool deck when there was live Caribbean music. The Elements show is a must-see.