Caribbean Princess turns on in cabin wifi and Video on Demand

LVTravel

On 1-24-2018 while enroute from Bonaire to Grand Turk in cabin wifi and video on demand was turned on in the cabins. This is after a total change-out of the smaller TVs to nice 43 inch TVs in all the cabins.

Reported live from my interior cabin D318 this date above.

Enjoy

On 1-24-2018 while enroute from Bonaire to Grand Turk in cabin wifi and video on demand was turned on in the cabins. This is after a total change-out of the smaller TVs to nice 43 inch TVs in all the cabins.

Enjoy

Do you know if they replaced both of the TV's in the mini suites with a 43" TV?

We had got the new TV but did not get the video on demand. The Wifi in our cabin was its usual slow and unreliable self. In fact it was so bad the last few days that I went down to the Internet Café to speak to the Manager on duty. He just shrugged his shoulders and said it was normal for a sea day.

Enjoy

Do you know if they were turned on in all the cabins? We will be in B502......just wondering.

I'm intrigued by "video on demand". What sort of things are on demand? Is it the movies and shows that are currently playing on the ship or is it more extensive?

If it is like the Royal and Regal:

a) A large selection of movies (no charge). They start when you request them and they can be paused when you want and they restarted at a later time if you want.

b) Ditto for any taped lectures.

c) No ship entertainment such as production shows, comedians, etc.

d) Otherwise the same selection of channels as the Princess ships previously had.

Color me confused, but I thought Wifi was already "everywhere". It's the mechanism to use the Princess@Sea messaging tool. It's the way to look at the online patter. Oh, and it's also the way to get to the Internet services. What's new about the wifi?

I'm intrigued by "video on demand". What sort of things are on demand? Is it the movies and shows that are currently playing on the ship or is it more extensive?

They also have the taped shows like "The Wake Show", Port Talks, ship information etc that you can watch when you want instead of waiting till it cycles through on the tv. Also offerings in other languages.

There are new movies that show up on the tv after they are shown in Muts or in the theater.

Maybe someone can confirm but I thought you could also do something with the shore excursions?

Thanks for posting. We set sail on February 16!

We'll be on there with you! Good to hear about the upgrade in the wifi and TV. Getting excited about the cruise coming up soon.

And LVTRAVEL we will also be in the 25-day Transatlantic/Baltic on the Regal with you!

The CB had the basic networking installed during the latest dry dock so it is nice that they are continuing with the installation for all the cabins. Even though they have not mentioned ***** any more, I am glad they are putting in the basic equipment. It takes time to do the installation in all 1500 or so cabins. They are following normal procedure in bringing each cabin up one at a time.

The programs on demand on the Royal/Regal included Love Boat shows of course so I imagine they will be offered on the CB. We are sailing on the CB this fall so there will be plenty of time for them to get the new TV and WiFi up and running for us. Good news.