Drink Package Discounts??

HI...I have 2 upcoming cruises- in Cruise Planner, both list the Deluxe Drink Package at "20% off" but one is $48/day and one is $50/day...is it possible they have different on-board prices, or this is another one of those fake RC sales? Also, is there 'typically' a time that drink packages have the biggest sales (i.e. 1 month out, Black Friday)....thanks!

HI...I have 2 upcoming cruises- in Cruise Planner, both list the Deluxe Drink Package at "20% off" but one is $48/day and one is $50/day...is it possible they have different on-board prices, or this is another one of those fake RC sales? Also, is there 'typically' a time that drink packages have the biggest sales (i.e. 1 month out, Black Friday)....thanks!

Take it for what it's worth but my February Allure has always been 20 - 25% off and the price in the last 3 months has been anywhere from $45 to the current $61 a day. We're rolling the dice that we'll do better with our C&A discount.

There's no real rhyme/reason anymore to the pricing. We did a b2b on Navigator last year and the package for the 5 night was $2 more per day than the 9 night portion. Onboard was somewhere in the range of $55-$58 per day (all before the 18%). I would book now if you're ok with the price. You can always cancel and rebook if the price goes down prior to your sailing. Just keep checking back in your cruise planner, as even when they advertise sales, it's not always for every ship and/or sailing.

There's no real rhyme/reason anymore to the pricing. We did a b2b on Navigator last year and the package for the 5 night was $2 more per day than the 9 night portion. Onboard was somewhere in the range of $55-$58 per day (all before the 18%). I would book now if you're ok with the price. You can always cancel and rebook if the price goes down prior to your sailing. Just keep checking back in your cruise planner, as even when they advertise sales, it's not always for every ship and/or sailing.

thanks... mine are b2b also, on allure- was thinking the 'holiday' cruise may have a premium on the drink package! so if there's no pattern at all to the prices/sales, i guess its something that needs to be checked daily!

Take it for what it's worth but my February Allure has always been 20 - 25% off and the price in the last 3 months has been anywhere from $45 to the current $61 a day. We're rolling the dice that we'll do better with our C&A discount.

how do you get the C&A discount and what is it (I'm just a gold member)...do you know if it applies to the drink+VOOM package as well? Thanks!

how do you get the C&A discount and what is it (I'm just a gold member)...do you know if it applies to the drink+VOOM package as well? Thanks!

The discount is I believe starting at Diamond level so in your situation I would definitely buy ahead of time if you know you're going to purchase as I can guarantee it will be more expensive onboard. The deluxe+VOOM package is not offered onboard, only prior to the cruise unless something has changed since we sailed in November.

The discount is I believe starting at Diamond level so in your situation I would definitely buy ahead of time if you know you're going to purchase as I can guarantee it will be more expensive onboard. The deluxe+VOOM package is not offered onboard, only prior to the cruise unless something has changed since we sailed in November.

What is the diamond discount on drink packages and is it available on all sailings?

You can only get the C&A discount if you purchase on board, and there is no guiarantee they will have any promos on board.

That’s how the $42 package was labeled when I purchased it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh interesting...I didn't even do the math to see how much it comes up per day, but that makes sense.

ETA: Bob, I agree...how much am I paying per day ;-)

The BOGO@50% is not what it seems. When you place it in your cart, it's two packages at the price shown...for my cruise it's $47pd before gratuities.

When I called on it, CS said the price reflects the discount but the math didn't add up. CS said regular price is $55 but I said that $47 is not 25% off of $55.I didn't get anywhere.

Like you said, RCI runs fake sales...LOL

We're sailing on Serenade in February and Anthem in July. In July the sale price is $48/day, and in February it's $42.

Our February our cruise is much more port-intensive so, of course, we're not going it on that one. :(