Adventure Chartered Aug 31, 2018?

WeatherFx

Yesterday AOS no prices were listed. Today, it is no longer listed at all for Aug 31, 2018. Went to my cruises and Res. ID is still there but booking unavailable. Seems like a charter to me. Has anyone heard yet from RCL that it was chartered?

Yesterday AOS no prices were listed. Today, it is no longer listed at all for Aug 31, 2018. Went to my cruises and Res. ID is still there but booking unavailable. Seems like a charter to me. Has anyone heard yet from RCL that it was chartered?

If you just saw the indication today, and it is a charter, it will likely be several weeks before you get official notification from the cruise line.

I'm booked on that cruise, and I'm not putting any more payments toward it til I hear what is going on! I don't understand why it should take them several weeks to notify everyone, unless they want to see how many charter pax they get.

I'm booked on that cruise, and I'm not putting any more payments toward it til I hear what is going on! I don't understand why it should take them several weeks to notify everyone, unless they want to see how many charter pax they get.

I think they are making sure the charter's check clears.;)

I would be so upset. That cruise is in six months??? I would already have my vacation time approved from work, have my airfare booked and paid for, reservations for overnight hotel precruise, possibly excursions booked. Who is responsible for paying for all of this? Me? I didn’t cancel 6 months prior to vacation.

Edited by champagne123
hhhhh

I am glad there is already a thread on this sailing, I just noticed I couldn't find it on the site and we we're planning on booking this trip within the next 2 weeks!

I decided to call and the rep told me that it was no longer showing because it is all sold out. But wouldn't it still at least show up on the site and just say sold out? Plus, I checked on Monday and there was plenty of rooms available, it was only $2,115 for 4 people in an interior, that was actually cheaper then Carnival out of Baltimore for the same week! No way it could sell out in a couple of days unless it is a charter.

I am glad there is already a thread on this sailing, I just noticed I couldn't find it on the site and we we're planning on booking this trip within the next 2 weeks!

I decided to call and the rep told me that it was no longer showing because it is all sold out. But wouldn't it still at least show up on the site and just say sold out? Plus, I checked on Monday and there was plenty of rooms available, it was only $2,115 for 4 people in an interior, that was actually cheaper then Carnival out of Baltimore for the same week! No way it could sell out in a couple of days unless it is a charter.

My experience is that the cruise still shows up on the website, even if it's sold out.

Sounds like it is not chartered, but change of itinerary. Some people are hearing from TAs that was changed from Bahamas to Canada. It is now showing up on Portland's cruise port schedule for Sept. 2, 2018. My CVP is staying mum on the cruise other than it was not chartered and that it will reopen for booking. Still MIA on RCL site.

Confirmation Bahamas changed to Canada & N/E

31 AUG CAPE LIBERTY, NJ

01 SEP CRUISING

02 SEP PORTLAND, MAINE

03 SEP BAR HARBOR, MAINE

04 SEP SAINT JOHN,NB (BAY OF FUNDY)

05 SEP HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA

06 SEP CRUISING

07 SEP CAPE LIBERTY, NJ

That is a big difference in itinerary's especially with only about 7 months until sailing! We normally book in September-October for the following summer, maybe it was a good thing we didn't do that on this sailing. I would have been very upset if this happened to us after requesting off from work and taking a route you wouldn't really care to see.

I wonder why the sudden change in heart from RCCL???

I am on Adventure 8/24/18 to 8/31/18 would that cruise be ok yet if this is true?

We are also booked on the 24th August sailing but wanted to add the 31st to make a B2B with two different itineraries. Bit bummed about this now but it is what it is. Will have to go back to the drawing board and possibly move the 24th sailing.

We no longer book cruises months in advance now because RCI are doing this far too often just lately, we had a certificate to use within a time frame so plumped for the 24th’s itinerary as there were new ports . Don’t want to be repeating the itinerary, ggrrrrr. :mad:

Thank goodness flights and hotels not booked yet.

This sucks. :mad: I'm booked on this cruise and received notification that it's been redeployed. It gives a choice of sailings that I can switch to on Adventure as well as Anthem and Serenade, at protected rates, but I chose this sailing specifically.

Oh well. Another day with RCCL.

We are on the 24th and the 2 following in Sept. Want to stay on the 31st but will have to be repriced at that rate which 1000.00 more! It's not a good situation at all. We are not even guaranteed our same cabin which we had for the original 5 weeks and if we cancel the 24th we are subject to all of the penalties that apply to the changes! Not very happy with Royal at this point:(

We are on the 24th and the 2 following in Sept. Want to stay on the 31st but will have to be repriced at that rate which 1000.00 more! It's not a good situation at all. We are not even guaranteed our same cabin which we had for the original 5 weeks and if we cancel the 24th we are subject to all of the penalties that apply to the changes! Not very happy with Royal at this point:(

Why do you have to reprice? Are you booked through a TA? If booked through RCL, you keep same room, rate and obc. Text of email from RCL. See my added Option 4, which is what I did. If through a TA, then it is the TA who is forcing you to pay more, not RCL.

Text of options from email.

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to let you know that, regrettably, we have to cancel your Adventure of the Seas sailing on August 31, 2018, as it has been redeployed. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes and the impact on your vacation. We have some options to make it up to you that we are hoping you will take advantage of. They are as follows:

Option 1: Re‐book Selected Sailings

You can re‐book on one of the following:

Adventure of the Seas: 5/11/18, 5/18/18, or 5/25/18

Anthem of the Seas: 9/1/18 or 9/15/18

Serenade of the Seas: 9/23/18, 10/7/18, or 10/21/18

Your original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities and other non‐cruise fare items

Receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom: $100 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $200 for Suites

If you incur a fee due to the change in their airline reservations will be reimbursed up to $200 per person, for Domestic Flights & $300 per person, for International Flights.

Option 2: Re‐book any other Royal Caribbean Sailing

Re‐book any other Royal Caribbean ship and sail date

Receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:

$100 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $200 for Suites

If you incur a fee due to the change in their airline reservations will be reimbursed up to $200 per person, for Domestic Flights & $300 per person, for International Flights.

Option 3: If you choose to cancel

We will process a full refund to the original form of payment, including any nonrefundable deposit

We will call you personally to ensure we reach the best possible solution for you. In the meantime, if you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us at 866‐506‐7245. In order to give you ample time to decide on an option that best fits your needs, you will not need to provide us with your final compensation decision until February 14, 2018.

Thank you for your understanding. We hope that you find a suitable vacation option with us, as we have no doubt your vacation will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Also, not spelled out clearly

Option 4: Keep existing cruise and get $100 or $200 redeployment obc. I recommend make the call RCL Redeployment at 866‐506‐7245.

Edited by WeatherFx