Onboard laundry etiquette

CRUISER GAL1973

Sorry for LOL at this, but in certain situations (such as college dorms) a sock on the door handle has a totally different meaning, and it wouldn't be put there by your sister.

[emoji23]LOL!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just an FYI...we were on Marina deck on Royal in Dec. (almost at the front/laundry in the back of course), two washers and two dryers......and after washing was done no dryer was free so I went down one deck. The laundry room was twice as big!!! $ washers and 4 dryers. Access from both passage ways. If machines are all taken, check one deck up or down.

Once I removed clothes from the washer and was nice enough to put them in the dryer. I always set a timer when using the machines. I also write my room# and time when it should be free on a post it in case I’m not there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Always cruised Royal Carib prior to my Alaska Star sailing so I wonder if anyone can tell me how much the laundry costs, do you use dollars, are soap and dryer sheets available to purchase, and hours of use! I get it that I need to stay close by if I don't want anyone touching my undies!!

On Princess it is $3 to wash' date=' $3 to dry, $1 for products (or bring your own). You purchase laundry tokens by swiping your room card in the machine in the laundry room. There are good instructions posted on the token machine.[/quote']

Thank you - that is great info!!

On Princess it is $3 to wash' date=' $3 to dry, $1 for products (or bring your own). You purchase laundry tokens by swiping your room card in the machine in the laundry room. There are good instructions posted on the token machine.

I thought they are now $1.50

In any event, you may want to bring your own because the ones Princess has may not be the brands you like to use.

I thought they are now $1.50

In any event, you may want to bring your own because the ones Princess has may not be the brands you like to use.

You may be right about the price of products. I brought my own, and my last Princess cruise was a bit over a year ago. Tide pods or something similar are really easy to pack.

Yes sad I know, but I always book a cabin as near to the laundry as possible. About 7.00 am, wearing bathrobe, load washer, back to cabin for room service tea, shower, etc. then back to laundry, usually about 5 minutes before ending. Then into dryer, checking watch, upstairs to breakfast and aim to get back to the laundry before drying finished. Usually first in the laundry.

Done it so many times, have got the timing down to a fine art. Just watch, it will all go disastrously wrong on the next cruise.