Star Cruise on Ovation of the Seas (Jan 2018)

I don’t feel like the genies are over worked. They also help each other out to cover all of the rooms. Royal Caribbean sends out communication tools - the loop - about two weeks prior to your cruise. The genies are busy with current cruisers which is why I think you can’t contact you4 genie too far out.

How many cabins is the genie responsible for? Do you think the Genie is overworked; why doesn't Royal list on its website how to contact the genie and info about special requests. thanks. It seems if people have the suites but don't get on cruise critic; they are somewhat in the dark about the special services offered

The genie contacts you about 2 weeks ahead of your cruise. They provide all of their contact info when they email you. About 10 days prior to your cruise, you will receive an invite to activate loop account. This is a web-based messenger service.

The genies have to manage their time so that they can deal with their current guests while preparing for upcoming guests.

Trust me when I say those who are booked in a qualifying suite are very much aware of what the genie can do.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The genie contacts you about 2 weeks ahead of your cruise. They provide all of their contact info when they email you. About 10 days prior to your cruise, you will receive an invite to activate loop account. This is a web-based messenger service.

The genies have to manage their time so that they can deal with their current guests while preparing for upcoming guests.

Trust me when I say those who are booked in a qualifying suite are very much aware of what the genie can do.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

What suites qualify you for the genie?. Thanks

• 2 months later...
I don’t feel like the genies are over worked. They also help each other out to cover all of the rooms. Royal Caribbean sends out communication tools - the loop - about two weeks prior to your cruise. The genies are busy with current cruisers which is why I think you can’t contact you4 genie too far out.

Any idea how they break up the rooms? We are traveling with friends in 10720 and 10320 on Ovation in Sept 2019 and wondering if we will have the same one.

Although I have not used Star Class on Royal Caribbean I have used Butlers on other cruise lines. On those lines whatever you want to eat in your room just ask. They will bring you whatever you ask for; as long as they serve it onboard the ship.

Any idea how they break up the rooms? We are traveling with friends in 10720 and 10320 on Ovation in Sept 2019 and wondering if we will have the same one.

If the genie system works the same on the Ovation as it does on the US-based O class ships, there is really no way to determine who one's genie will be ahead of time. They divide the Star Class suites among themselves and it can change from cruise to cruise. I was recently on Allure and they said that the genie's keep the same cabins for a period of time but on Harmony, they switch off so for every cruise they are serving different cabins all the time. I have heard that you can request a specific genie for your cruise if you know that this genie will be on your sailing but I have never done that.

Last year we sailed with friends who were also in a Star Class cabin and they had 1 genie and we had another. I will say, this worked out REALLY well, as we basically doubled our genie power. They worked SO well together and we had access to either genie at any time. I would do that again in a heartbeat !

I'm thrilled to see an Ovation out of Sydney review! We just booked a 2020 South Pacific 9 night cruise out of Sydney, altho in a 2br Sky Class (I really wanted Star, but we've got 2 adult couples going, so the 2br just worked better).

Are you a US citizen? What is the Visa process for AU? It's a simple online process correct?

This will be our first Quantum Class ship and my 10 year anniversary cruise -albeit a few months late!

• 2 weeks later...