RCI level recognized on Celebrity?

piper

we are about to become Diamond level on RCI . Does Celebrity still recognize the RCI level with similar perks, etc? It is also my understanding that nights on Celebrity will not count toward RCI status. Is that correct?

TIA

we are about to become Diamond level on RCI . Does Celebrity still recognize the RCI level with similar perks, etc? It is also my understanding that nights on Celebrity will not count toward RCI status. Is that correct?

TIA

Celebrity recognizes RC Diamond as Elite in Celebrity's Captain's Club. You would get Celebrity Elite perks cruising on Celebrity, not RC Diamond perks.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

Regrettable, nights on a Celebrity cruise do not count towards RCI status...and nights spent on a RCI cruise do not count towards Celebrity status. A big drawback from switching between the two company cruise lines.

I agree JMG. This is our first Celebrity cruise ( Edge in April 2019] so we will also join their program. I guess we should wait until we are on the ship so we have the RCI Diamond status when we board? Is that how it works?

I agree JMG. This is our first Celebrity cruise ( Edge in April 2019] so we will also join their program. I guess we should wait until we are on the ship so we have the RCI Diamond status when we board? Is that how it works?

I recommend you call the Captains Club Desk and give them your C&A numbers before you are onboard. The sooner the better. Best to be in Celebrity's system before your cruise.

Regrettable, nights on a Celebrity cruise do not count towards RCI status...and nights spent on a RCI cruise do not count towards Celebrity status. A big drawback from switching between the two company cruise lines.

I am glad they keep the programs separate. :)

Call Captain's Club with your C&A number handy, they will enroll you in Captains Club at the Elite level.

Call Captain's Club with your C&A number handy, they will enroll you in Captains Club at the Elite level.

Hello,

Are you sure about this? I thought that whilst you were recognised as Diamond = Elite whilst on the cruise, you earned Captain's Club points from zero on X.

In my case it was a long time ago and I earned my status on both independently.

Regards,

Cublet

That was my concern, Cublet. I wanted to begin the cruise as a C&A Diamond - I will give this to the TA before we leave and then sign up on the cruise for Celebrity points. That was my thinking anyway

That was my concern, Cublet. I wanted to begin the cruise as a C&A Diamond - I will give this to the TA before we leave and then sign up on the cruise for Celebrity points. That was my thinking anyway

As others have said, it is best to sign up in advance by calling Captain’s Club. There is no negative to doing this in advance and is a quick, easy phone call. If you wait until you are onboard it may be a hassle to obtain the elite benefits on that cruise.

You can call them right away and get a Captain´s Club number and get it connected to your C&A number!

We started out as Select and when we turned Diamond with C&A our status in the Captain´s Club automatically changed to Elite.

But definitely call them prior to your Edge cruise and get the accounts connected. Don´t wait until you´re onboard.

steamboats

Does anyone know about the reciprocal status if you are Diamond Plus on Royal? My last cruise on Celebrity was in February 2012 and Celebrity made me Elite. Their status tier ended at Elite, I believe at that time. But now I see that they have Elite Plus. Will my status for my April 8 Silhouette Cruise be Elite or Elite Plus?

Thanks,

Carol

Does anyone know about the reciprocal status if you are Diamond Plus on Royal? My last cruise on Celebrity was in February 2012 and Celebrity made me Elite. Their status tier ended at Elite, I believe at that time. But now I see that they have Elite Plus. Will my status for my April 8 Silhouette Cruise be Elite or Elite Plus?

Thanks,

Carol

You will be Elite. Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle are honored as Elite on Celebrity. Elite and higher on Celebrity are recognized as Diamond on Royal. Elite is as far as the tier level matching goes.

Edited by davekathy