Mexican beach problems

sueski517

Here’s a link to the story

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ont-couple-contract-hookworms-on-punta-cana-vacation-1.3777198

We have heard of similar issues in other Caribbean beaches, but never anything we’ve experienced personally.

This is why we shower thoroughly after going to the beach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a ton of nasty stuff you can contract in the US. Your local hospital is a freaking cesspool, as is your local gym, pool, beach, etc.

Why does everyone need to compare the USA whenever something negative is said about a foreign port?

The poster who claimed the crime in Falmouth Jamaica was the same as NYC got an earful from posters here explaining how wrong he was

Now while I admit anyone can get ill anywhere at any time...if a poster has a question about health issues in Mexico ( it was actually punta cana if you researched ) so be it....and there is no reason to compare it to anyplace else. Just say you have or haven't heard of this and perhaps googling Mexican or wherever beach health concerns might answer their quandary?

I'm curious though as to why you compared to the USA? Why not Canada Australia or Europe? Cruisers come from there too you know

Maybe you are from the USA but if you are why would you just assume USA hospital gyms etc are cesspools? And that it's not a worldwide concern?

I see the couple in question were from Canada...all the more reason my post ring true....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why does everyone need to compare the USA whenever something negative is said about a foreign port?

The poster who claimed the crime in Falmouth Jamaica was the same as NYC got an earful from posters here explaining how wrong he was

Now while I admit anyone can get ill anywhere at any time...if a poster has a question about health issues in Mexico ( it was actually punta cana if you researched ) so be it....and there is no reason to compare it to anyplace else. Just say you have or haven't heard of this and perhaps googling Mexican or wherever beach health concerns might answer their quandary?

I'm curious though as to why you compared to the USA? Why not Canada Australia or Europe? Cruisers come from there too you know

Maybe you are from the USA but if you are why would you just assume USA hospital gyms etc are cesspools? And that it's not a worldwide concern?

I see the couple in question were from Canada...all the more reason my post ring true....

I suspect the person is from the USA and is making comparisons to things they know...things in the US (CA is this persons location and CA is California?)

I believe you are being over sensitive, mellow out LOL.

#triggered #safespaceneeded

#triggered #safespaceneeded

:') Damn, hair trigger.

Well, Maggie, let's just call it an educated guess as most of the posters are from the US, the way she wrote the date suggests US, and primarily, just the question itself and how it was posed suggests US and "ewww Mexico". So, I was pointing out that it can happen in the US, which is pretty much the prime example of a first world country and is supposed to be clean and not to stress about it too much. My point being, it can happen anywhere and this isn't something to be too concerned about. And yes, I'm much more concerned about contracting something nasty in a US hospital than I am about worms from a Mexican beach. Me and DW's jobs have given us some insight on that.

Please point out where it says they're from Canada? Their public profile doesn't have anything. Ski can be anywhere. I'm from California, and happen to live near skiing (it's not all beaches here).

:')

Please point out where it says they're from Canada? Their public profile doesn't have anything. Ski can be anywhere. I'm from California, and happen to live near skiing (it's not all beaches here).

Scroll back to page 1, I posted a link to the CTV news story. The couple is from Windsor, Ontario.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edit:

At the time I posted, the only thing I saw from OP was her question. I can only respond based on what I read at that time. I was the first person to respond.

Even had I seen your article, that doesn't tell me that OP is Canadian or European or whatever.

If you read post # 4 you will see the op is from Canada

Btw no snowflake here...I'm just sick of everyone comparing everything bad in this world to the USA. If I were a snowflake I'd be agreeing with them wouldn't I. Lol

I think the poster that said crime in Falmouth Jamaica was just like crime in Chicago or NYC a few threads ago is what started me

Btw that post regarding Falmouth to NYC wasn't well received by many other posters not just me.

Maybe from now on I'll compare everything bad about the Caribbean to Canada ok. Lots of cruisers from there as well.

:') Damn, hair trigger.

Well, Maggie, let's just call it an educated guess as most of the posters are from the US, the way she wrote the date suggests US, and primarily, just the question itself and how it was posed suggests US and "ewww Mexico". So, I was pointing out that it can happen in the US, which is pretty much the prime example of a first world country and is supposed to be clean and not to stress about it too much. My point being, it can happen anywhere and this isn't something to be too concerned about. And yes, I'm much more concerned about contracting something nasty in a US hospital than I am about worms from a Mexican beach. Me and DW's jobs have given us some insight on that.

Read post number 4 and 6. This helps when responding to others posts and does indeed say where they are from.

This is the main issue I have these days....too many people in this world just do not have all the facts before they make assumptions

If you read post # 4 you will see the op is from Canada

Btw no snowflake here...I'm just sick of everyone comparing everything bad in this world to the USA. If I were a snowflake I'd be agreeing with them wouldn't I. Lol

I think the poster that said crime in Falmouth Jamaica was just like crime in Chicago or NYC a few threads ago is what started me

Btw that post regarding Falmouth to NYC wasn't well received by many other posters not just me.

Maybe from now on I'll compare everything bad about the Caribbean to Canada ok. Lots of cruisers from there as well.

same thoughts here

I was reading where someone in Mexico went barefoot on the beach and contracted worms in their feet. Anyone hear anything about this?

Set to sail 3/12/2018 to Panama Canal

I Read

" HAMPTON, NH - A young girl had to be treated after officials say she stepped on a needle at Hampton Beach.

Amy Bassett, the Assistant Director for New Hampshire Travel and Tourism says on June 4, a 10-year-old girl stepped on a hypodermic needle on the beach’s north end.

A lifeguard treated the girl, disposed of the needle, and urged the girl’s parents to take her to the hospital for further testing.

“It wasn’t really a syringe, it was the needle. And he extracted it, cleaned the wound,” said Chief Jim Donahue.

State park officials say it’s not an isolated incident. They’ve already found four needles on Hampton Beach this season. State crews are coming the sand for hours every night with a special rake."