What food is a must not miss.

robindina

what about food on the Pride???

Was on Pride Journeys 1/7-1/21. All food good. For some reason, most of the meat I was served was kind of tough except the EXCELLENT short ribs in the MDR and the pot roast on the lunch buffet. No other complaints except I wish I was still there! :loudcry:

The steak and eggs at brunch. It's good piece of filet. Also the blueberry pancakes at sea day brunch. BLT from room service. The brisket the first night in the MDR and the short ribs on another night. Guys fries, although sometimes too much old bay. I request them w/o the seasoning. Four cheese or margarita pizza. Fried chicken is pretty good. I've never had a good flat iron steak.

The best food is at the Steakhouse.

I don't remember any dishes I hated in the MDR, not because there aren't any, but because it could have been 30 cruises ago that I ordered it.

Like you, I cruise a lot with Carnival, not yet to 100 but getting close, so I know their menu pretty well and tend to stay with what I know. Food tastes are so personal that what I like others may not

I was a bit underwhelmed by Guy's Pig & Anchor (I live in Texas, after all!) but their cole slaw was THE BOMB! We both went back for seconds- of just the cole slaw!

I second the comments about the cold soups- they're all great.

And I love the Reuben from the deli, but I always ask for the sauerkraut on the side because I find it makes the sandwich too soggy sometimes.

We like most everything. One thing not mentioned is the Hot Chocolate on Lido! It is one of our favorite ways to end the evening!

Also I think their hot dogs served late night at the aft of the ship is good.

One thing I really like about cruising is trying some food I've never have had before. When we go out at home, I hate the thought of getting something new and not liking it and wasting my money on it. So when cruising I try new stuff.

We like most everything. One thing not mentioned is the Hot Chocolate on Lido! It is one of our favorite ways to end the evening!

Also I think their hot dogs served late night at the aft of the ship is good.

One thing I really like about cruising is trying some food I've never have had before. When we go out at home, I hate the thought of getting something new and not liking it and wasting my money on it. So when cruising I try new stuff.

OMG....was JUST going to mention this! Now that we are home from 2 weeks of cruising and experiencing the cruel northeast NJ winter days once again (:rolleyes:) I wish I had a cup of that hot chocolate to sip!

Crème Brûlée is a must try, and I mean a must try! The first time I ever had it was on NCL Norwegian Pearl. So if you like/love custard you will love Crème Brûlée. They put some sugar stuff on top and put that flame torch to it and make it crunchy on the top layer, and nice and creamy custard center. The first time on NCL they torched it right at the table, it was nice and warm. Since then it seems like they make for the masses and make them ahead of time, which means they are cold or at the least coldish. Althought it is still good If you can get it warm do it because its to die for:hearteyes::hearteyes:!

On my last cruise I had lots of OK dishes, but not one meal that was not to be missed. Nothing was great and that is really sad, because 10 years ago it was great. I also kept getting dessert after dessert that looked amazing, but tasted completely bland. I have a clean my plate mentality that I have been trying to break for years and is worse on a cruise ship because I see so much waste around me. You cleaned your plate, guess that was good, and I think, no, not really, I did not even like it. This cruise, I am going to promise myself to stop eating it if I do not like it. Too bad about waste.

I do have to recommend Guy's burger. When people first started raving about it years ago, I said really, a burger, you are excited about a burger? Man those burgers are good though. It was honestly the best food on my last cruise, but I blame that on everything else getting so much worse and the quality being maintained on the burgers.

Is soup available in the buffet at lunchtime?

Also, the melting cake is served in a bowl with ice cream alongside in separate ramekins. Are you supposed to remove these from the serving bowls before eating?

Yes, they always have a big vat of soup at the lunch buffet. Eat the melting cake and ice cream how you want. I don't think I've ever seen them taken out of the bowls. Just do dips with your spoon! BTW, strawberry ice cream with WCMC is very good. Strawberry and chocolate belong together! A lot of people like it with butter pecan. ;)

Highly recommend:

seared scallops with risotto appetizer

surf and turf Steakhouse selection in MDR if ship doesn't have a Steakhouse

chocolate melting cake with vanilla ice cream

crème brulee

braised short ribs (if you love pot roast)

Don't do like I did at first on our last cruise, and miss the toppings for the Guy's burgers! We got the burgers & fries then sat down to eat... they were okay, I liked the fries a lot, but the burger? Meh, it was okay.

I mentioned it to someone at dinner and they said but don't you love the sautéed mushrooms and carmelized onions? I did a face palm! Next burgers from Guy's we tried all the toppings- OMG out of this world good!

One thing I tried that I really liked- last post I mentioned that I loved the cole slaw from Guy's Pig & Anchor- well it was closed one day so I just got some cole slaw from the Lido buffet and put it on my Guy's burger- another hit!

As for drinks, I'm a big fan of Arnold Palmers- iced tea and lemonade mixed. It is over the top if you add in some of the Guava/Passion Fruit Juice from the breakfast drink station on the Lido...

One thing we have found is that the MDR is not always on their best game the first night of the cruise, so if you go the first night and feel like it was underwhelming, give it another try another night. Or if the ship has a steak house, book that for the first night and they will throw in a free bottle of wine or a % off on a bottle of your choice. I can't remember off hand what % they take off, but sure someone will be able to clarify. It's really a nice way to start the cruise and the steak house is nice and calm and quiet.

I was just wondering if anyone has had anything off the Room Service menu that was amazing? I commented before how my husband and I really enjoyed the Rueben from the Deli. Is the Room Service one the same? Anything on the menu we just HAVE to try?

I was just wondering if anyone has had anything off the Room Service menu that was amazing? I commented before how my husband and I really enjoyed the Rueben from the Deli. Is the Room Service one the same? Anything on the menu we just HAVE to try?

Love the BLT and cookies, the cookies are soft and much better then the ones in the buffet!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Yes, they always have a big vat of soup at the lunch buffet. Eat the melting cake and ice cream how you want. I don't think I've ever seen them taken out of the bowls. Just do dips with your spoon! BTW, strawberry ice cream with WCMC is very good. Strawberry and chocolate belong together! A lot of people like it with butter pecan. ;)

Thank you!

Love the BLT and cookies, the cookies are soft and much better then the ones in the buffet!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

In all our cruises, we have never ordered room service. :eek: But I LOVE the cookies on the buffet. You are telling me the cookies from room service are BETTER?! :o