Have we cruised too often; do we know too much?

cruisemom42

OK not crazy about the O-branding either but it's easy enough to avoid it.

CBR:It's the Mandela Effect..in effect!

On the Veendam she was staring us in the face every time we walked past the ship shop now called in bold logo "Oprah's Favorite Things" or have Oprah's Just Breathe rise and shine calss take up Lido deck space with yoga mats and large publicity banners. She is there now, at every turn. But if this monetizes this space and supports the bottomline, I have no reason to complain. We all benefit from successful marketing.

CD Michael Langley - Both he and Gene Young are at Viking Ocean Cruises now

Thanks, I had heard Gene had left but did not know where he ended up. Something happened on last years world cruise when Gene had to leave due to some sort of throat/vocal infection. Shortly after he was gone from HAL. I wish him luck on Viking, he’s a good guy.

Thank you op for initiating this thread. Very interesting and it is exactly threads like this that keep me coming back to CC. I have really learned so much over the years about cruising and feel so fortunate that we have been able to experience this type of vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think we have got to get over this inability to respect the viewpoints of others. Whether Republican or Democrat, most of us want the best for our country. If one side is always demonizing the other, we'll never, ever be able to solve any problems because that requires compromise.

And to make it relevant to cruising, it doesn't matter in the least to me what the political beliefs of my cruise staff, fellow passengers or entertainers are. What I can't stand is close-mindedness.

Thank you for this thread and this post!

You should hang out with the Disney cruisers once in a while. They cruise commando-style: how many minutes will Goofy be in the atrium for pictures, and will he be wearing his blue tie or his red tie? How many steps is it from the AquaDuck to the sandwich counter? Do they have Diet Coke Zero Sugar Caffeine Free?

I have to laugh at this. Absolutely lovely people on the Disney board but 1. I can’t believe some of the questions and 2. I can’t believe they have the answers! Sometimes with pictures!!!

And I’m one of those who asked about tea. I just wanted to know if it was the syrup so I can bring along my personal brewer aka my thermos. [emoji23]. Most of the time my questions are answered from a simple search.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

(y)

We get a Veranda and a few good books and that's pretty much how I spend the week on board. It would be tough to cut back ocean air and early English literature is the same as it always was so I can say I haven't felt any cutbacks. Part of why we chose Holland this year was that a reviewer on cruise critic said "there is nothing at all to do but read a book. I was so bored" and i knew then it was the line for me.

👍🏻

Great post. I always wonder when people complain about things what their life at home must be like. I've read reviews from different people on the same ship /cruise, one says best ever have booked another one, the other says worst cruise never again. We look forward to every cruise and enjoy it like we'll never be back. I know there are lots of people out there who wish they could do what we do.

Allan

Every time we step on board a cruise ship, I say a little prayer for all those who have not had our good fortune.

This. So much this.

Someone cooking me three decent meals a day and emptying the bin in my room. Getting all the coffee I want to accompany my knitting or reading. This is heaven.

I pay the price of a cabin going solo. And sometimes I invite a less fortunate friend for the price of grats and tax. I pay the same. Friend gets an otherwise not obtainable vacation. Win-win

Edited by ditmar2007

This. So much this.

Someone cooking me three decent meals a day and emptying the bin in my room. Getting all the coffee I want to accompany my knitting or reading. This is heaven.

I pay the price of a cabin going solo. And sometimes I invite a less fortunate friend for the price of grats and tax. I pay the same. Friend gets an otherwise not obtainable vacation. Win-win

How kind and generous of you to take a less fortunate friend with you. You are right, it is a win for you to have a companion on the cruise, and a win for your friend. Very nice idea. I like it!