Opening all bottles on delivery in Bucket of Beer?

marluvs2go

Don’t know about Carnival, but on HAL, when we order a bucket, we ask that two bottle be opened, keep the rest capped and even have brought the bucket with the unopened beer back to the room. We then ask that the bucket be refilled with ice each day. We have even kept the bucket so we can take the empty bucket to the bar for happy hour beer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Someone said on Carnival when they bring you a bucket of beer they open all the bottles. Anybody seen that? thanks

I can't imagine, unless that was something specifically requested.

On NCL I got a souvenir bottle opener with each bucket, so I could open my own. :)

We have seen people order buckets of beer and when it was delivered to their table, the waiter/waiteress would ask how many bottles they wanted opened.

Exactly my experience.

And in fact when you get two bottles of beer during Happy Hour, you can ask that only one bottle be opened, and take the other with you.

You do not need to get any happy hour or beer bucket beer opened if you want to take it to your room or up to the sea view pool area to have with something to eat.

Just off the NA from a holiday cruise and we would buy 6 happy hour beer and take them back to our cabin for the next day, we would then have a couple at lunch and one later in the day.

You do not need to get any happy hour or beer bucket beer opened if you want to take it to your room or up to the sea view pool area to have with something to eat.

Just off the NA from a holiday cruise and we would buy 6 happy hour beer and take them back to our cabin for the next day, we would then have a couple at lunch and one later in the day.

Not sure why not but after 4 HAL cruises I have never been to a happy hour. I have read reports on CC that you can buy buckets of beer at happy hour and get second for $2 and now that you were able to buy 6 beers to take back to your cabin. I thought there was a buy one get one for $2 policy and that you couldn't buy multiple drinks (eg buy 3 get 3 for $2 each). Is this the case (3 separate purchases) or did you buy 3 and get another 3 for $2 each in a single purchase? Does anybody know from direct experience about buckets qualifying for buy one get one for $2?

Not sure why not but after 4 HAL cruises I have never been to a happy hour. I have read reports on CC that you can buy buckets of beer at happy hour and get second for $2 and now that you were able to buy 6 beers to take back to your cabin. I thought there was a buy one get one for $2 policy and that you couldn't buy multiple drinks (eg buy 3 get 3 for $2 each). Is this the case (3 separate purchases) or did you buy 3 and get another 3 for $2 each in a single purchase? Does anybody know from direct experience about buckets qualifying for buy one get one for $2?
I've seen both. It may be at the discretion of the ship's beverage manager. Just cross your fingers and ask your server.

Some ships will only allow a couple of brands of beer -- cheaper ones -- to be offered in the bucket of beer and get a second bucket for $2.

You will just have to ask what the policy is on the ship you will be sailing on. It may not be offered.

On some ships that we have been on, since we order Grey Goose on the rocks, we have gotten our regular price drink and the second $2 drink all combined in one drink.

Someone said on Carnival when they bring you a bucket of beer they open all the bottles. Anybody seen that? thanks

Hello marluvs2go!

I saw an old post about being above the show lounge. How did that turn out for you?

• 2 weeks later...

Just off Noordam. DH likes beer in the cabin. Went to Happy Hour numerous times- they even gave them to us in a 6 pack carrier. None opened if you don’t want that. Did not ask about the bucket as he liked the different IPAs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 11 months later...

Just to clarify. You can not order a bucket of beer at happy hour and get a second bucket for $2.00. You order three beer at the regular price and buy three more beer for $2.00 each. Then you ask them to bring the beer un opened and bring them to you in an ice bucket for easy transportation to the ship venue of your choosing.

if you go with HAL’s regular bucket of beer promotion, you get five beer in the bucket of which one is free. Waiting for happy hour will save you some money, which means you can buy more beer.

Edited by billbunger