Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

1 hour ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

I wonder if they will allow Vibe passes to be purchased ahead of time now that there are a multitude of them. 

I'm guessing no but who the heck knows.

I'm actually thinking about getting vibe passes with the reduced outside free deck space on Encore.

I enjoyed the area outside of vibe on the Escape on deck 19. It had a bar and whirlpools. Very nice spot.

I have to decide whether it's worth it for me, my wife and daughter. I'd have to convince my aunt and uncle to join us in getting passes and then we'd actually have to go and get them when we board and take the chance of being disappointed.

We're cruising Encore January, 2020 and will be on board every day except for our stops in St. Thomas and Tortola.

We'd have 5 days to enjoy Vibe and that might be worth it.

I'll be paying attention once the sailings begin to see if Vibe gets sold out every week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I'm actually thinking about getting vibe passes with the reduced outside free deck space on Encore.

I enjoyed the area outside of vibe on the Escape on deck 19. It had a bar and whirlpools. Very nice spot.

I have to decide whether it's worth it for me, my wife and daughter. I'd have to convince my aunt and uncle to join us in getting passes and then we'd actually have to go and get them when we board and take the chance of being disappointed.

We're cruising Encore January, 2020 and will be on board every day except for our stops in St. Thomas and Tortola.

I'll be paying attention once the sailings begin to see if Vibe gets sold out every week.

How old is your daughter? Vibe is 18+

5 minutes ago, QueenOfZoom said:

How old is your daughter? Vibe is 18+

Yes. I knew that. She'll be 19 and would love vibe. My wife is the one I'll have to convince. She hates up charges on cruises and $600 is a lot to spend. 

Again, I'm going to wait until encore starts sailing and see how everyone's experience is. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

Trying to do the same calculations for my group. Personally, I am fair-skinned and burn very easily so not being in the sun won't really bother me, but I do want to have a quiet place to read my book and listen to the sea. That said, I also have a balcony so maybe I'll just be spending more time there. We're on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary in December, so with a port night in San Juan and two beach days in St. Thomas and Tortola that will probably be enough sun for me. We also used the Deck 19 space on our Escape cruise last January and I'll be sad to not have easy access to a quiet outside area near a bar again.

That said, we're cruising with my boyfriend's sister and her fiance and she is a sun-worshipper, so I think she'd probably enjoy Vibe. I was considering getting the two of them Vibe passes for the cruise but considering I'd have to drag them with me to make a run for it, it seems like it's just easier to do something else for them instead. It's just tough because we also used the Deck 19 space on our Escape cruise last January and I'll be sad to not have easy access to a quiet outside area near a bar again. It would've been a nice compromise for the group of us to hang out there instead of some of us paying to get Vibe and others hiding out in other areas of the ship. I'm sure we'll all have fun hanging out in District or something instead though.

On 6/17/2019 at 12:47 PM, rtkenmore said:

We’ll be sailing with you! We were on November 24th but rebooked for the 8th to take advantage of lower fare and free airfare offer from Atlanta. 

We are flying in on Saturday afternoon!  121 days and counting! 

4 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

It looks like they may be preparing to fix the C in ENCORE on the hull since the sign makes the error more obvious.

It’s painted the same way up front... and damn, you can’t unsee that “c” after it’s being pointed out.

So strange... it wasn’t that way on the renderings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheDougOut said:

It’s painted the same way up front... and damn, you can’t unsee that “c” after it’s being pointed out.

That was my thought exactly.  There are billboards up all over Miami promoting the ship and I never noticed the "C" before.  However, its more profound on the ship compared to the ads.  But its the same "C"
Lets go full conspiracy theory.  What do you suppose this means 😵

1 minute ago, TheDougOut said:

There should be 5 instances in total on the hull - two on each side and one on the stern.  All of them that I've seen so far had the weird half-C, which to me says that whoever cut those letters out made a mistake and no one questioned it until after they were welded on and painted.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

There should be 5 instances in total on the hull - two on each side and one on the stern.  All of them that I've seen so far had the weird half-C, which to me says that whoever cut those letters out made a mistake and no one questioned it until after they were welded on and painted.

Could be.  The big sign in blue on top of the ship has a normal "C"

Samplings from the Onda menu aboard the Norwegian Encore, as presented at a preview event and prepared by Scarpetta of London.

menu.jpg

Agnolotti, short rib, garlic-chips, horseradish...

Agnolotti,-short-rib,-garlic-chips,-horseradish.jpg

Braised Octopus, tomatoes, sofrito, pancetta, cecci, romanesco...

Braised-Octopus,-tomatoes,-sofrito,-pancetta,-cecci,-Romanesco.jpg

Spaghetti, tomato, basil...

Spaghetti,-tomato-and-basil.jpg

Tagliatelle, lobster, tomato, spring onion, spicy bread crumbs...

Tagliatelle,-lobster,-tomato,-spring-onion,-spicy-bread-crumbs.jpg

Yellowtail Crudo, olio di zenzero, pickled red onions...

Yellowtail-Crudo,-olio-di-zenzero,-pickled-red-onions.jpg

Edited by TheDougOut
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

Again, I'm going to wait until encore starts sailing and see how everyone's experience is. 

I'm on the 24th November sailing and traveling solo. I'm still on the fence about trying to buy a pass, but if I do, I will definitely be reporting back on it. I'm inclined to not rush to be among the first to board, as I hope I'll be out partying in Miami the night before lol