Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

12 minutes ago, Coreysgrl06 said:

Hi all quick question...I’m sailing out of New York on Encore. I wanted to know if you are required to leave your keys with the parking attendant when you park at the Manhattan cruise terminal? I was searching the boards and can’t seem to find a post about it. Thanks!! 

We have parked a couple of times a the Manhattan terminal and my dh always takes his keys.  Being retired NYPD I do not think he would ever park there and leave his keys LOL

52 minutes ago, js said:

We have parked a couple of times a the Manhattan terminal and my dh always takes his keys.  Being retired NYPD I do not think he would ever park there and leave his keys LOL

Thank you! Last year the lot was still full because of delays due to a coast guard inspection so we parked two blocks away. Hopefully next year we can be in the terminal parking lot. 

4 hours ago, Coreysgrl06 said:

Thank you! Last year the lot was still full because of delays due to a coast guard inspection so we parked two blocks away. Hopefully next year we can be in the terminal parking lot. 

That will cost more than the cruise! Lol. 

On 7/16/2019 at 7:04 PM, bragstarr said:

I’m booked for the New York to Miami Panama Canal cruise November 2020.  Been checking prices daily (right now in inside cabin 😢).  Checked cruise prices this am and to our surprise a 20% drop in price.....apparently for Latitudes members. Shock and awe!

Good Morning bragstarr,  we are also booked on the Panama Canal cruise in Late November with 2 other cabins of family members.  We also got the 20% off perk + the free air + 4 perks.  So we are very happy with what we paid.  

Can't wait to see all of the reviews once the Encore hits the water.

Does anyone have know if the pools are going to be able to handle the large number of passengers?  I know the Encore is a sister ship to Bliss and Escape and haven't read anything negative.  We were on the Escape in April to Bermuda but it was to cool for the pools so I really can't compare.

We are going to the Panama Canal in November 2020 on the Encore and would like to be able to use the pools without feeling crowded.  (the pools on our Epic 2019 cruise were so small it was disappointing and unusable, unless you wanted to stand shoulder to shoulder with others)

Thanks in advance. 😀

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, teach/2/cruise said:

Does anyone have know if the pools are going to be able to handle the large number of passengers?  I know the Encore is a sister ship to Bliss and Escape and haven't read anything negative.  We were on the Escape in April to Bermuda but it was to cool for the pools so I really can't compare.

We are going to the Panama Canal in November 2020 on the Encore and would like to be able to use the pools without feeling crowded.  (the pools on our Epic 2019 cruise were so small it was disappointing and unusable, unless you wanted to stand shoulder to shoulder with others)

Thanks in advance. 😀

I hesitated in responding about the Escape because this is the Encore thread, but the Escape’s pool in June was ringed with people ... in other words ... crowded

• Like 2

1 hour ago, teach/2/cruise said:

Thanks in advance. 😀

I think you should prepare yourself for the pool being crowded on Encore.

1 hour ago, teach/2/cruise said:

Thanks in advance. 😀

Hi there! Are you on the roll call? Not that there are many of us on there, but we are way out from sail away.  I’m a bit concerned about the pool situation also but I will for sure be on that race track!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bragstarr said:

Hi there! Are you on the roll call? Not that there are many of us on there, but we are way out from sail away.  I’m a bit concerned about the pool situation also but I will for sure be on that race track!

Yes I've joined the roll call.  More will join as we get closer.  And we will be on that race track ourselves.  

On 7/5/2019 at 4:45 AM, bound4somewhere said:

Looking forward to your "live" report! I'm booked on the Dec 1st sailaway and will be anxiously looking for reviews from all that post.  

Can't wait to see that live report 🙂

10 hours ago, maggieq said:

I’m very close to booking the TA.   We are brand new to NCL so please I welcome any suggestions/recommendations And info you think we should know. 

Thanks!

Go to your cruise planner and prebook shows and any specialty dining you are doing. Without reservations you will be in standby for shows and good times for specialty restaurants book up quickly. You may have a little more leeway since you are on a longer cruise, but I wouldn’t take that chance. When you get on the ship book your comedy shows and any other activities that can only be booked on board, as soon as possible as those book up quickly too. All those reservations can sometimes be modified later in the cruise, depending on availability if things change for you. But at least get something in place. Then enjoy your cruise knowing you won’t be shut out of anything you want to do.

Mary Ann

21 minutes ago, UFMOM said:

Go to your cruise planner and prebook shows and any specialty dining you are doing. Without reservations you will be in standby for shows and good times for specialty restaurants book up quickly. You may have a little more leeway since you are on a longer cruise, but I wouldn’t take that chance. When you get on the ship book your comedy shows and any other activities that can only be booked on board, as soon as possible as those book up quickly too. All those reservations can sometimes be modified later in the cruise, depending on availability if things change for you. But at least get something in place. Then enjoy your cruise knowing you won’t be shut out of anything you want to do.

Mary Ann

Specialty dining, shows, thermal spa pass, etc still can't be booked online yet for the inaugural TA, only by phone, 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UFMOM said:

Mary Ann

This cruise is less than 50% occupancy. It's not going to be an issue to get reservations.

• Like 1

Thanks!  Is there a place online that you can see the schedule for shows?  Also, can you precook specialty restaurants if you got the dining plan included with your booking?

any shows have a cost to see?

many thanks for responses. 

14 minutes ago, maggieq said:

Thanks!  Is there a place online that you can see the schedule for shows?  Also, can you precook specialty restaurants if you got the dining plan included with your booking?

The show schedule for the TA has not yet been released. Once you book the cruise, and once the schedule has been released, you can login to your MyNCL account to view and book the shows and such. Until then, you will just be patiently waiting like the rest of us.

Edited by LrgPizza

1 hour ago, maggieq said:

Prohibition the Musical (comes with alcohol) has a charge. Kinky Boots and choir of man are the main shows and are free. Along with comedy shows and entertainment all over the ship nightly. 

Bookings (dinners and shows) should open 120 days prior to departure. (130 for Havens). Some sell out fast. Show schedules may vary from cruise to cruise, so what you read may be different on your cruise. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Thank you SO much! So excited! Only 13 months to go LOL

Cannot wait to see the finished product inside and out and hear the first reports.

I appreciate and love when I see this thread with a new update!

Just sent to my family!

Thanks!

• Like 1

One of the cruises we were on (right before the Bliss went into service) we talked to our

(excellent) room steward. He had worked at the time for NCL for 13 years. He was going

to be assigned to help outfit the Bliss with soft goods like mattresses. He said that NCL

uses experienced workers to do the finish work so they know it will turn out right.

He said one of the new ships he helped outfit all he did was haul mattresses into cabins for

days on end. He said it was an exciting and fun job to outfit the new ships.

• Like 1