Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

I believe reservations open in the next couple days for the first sailing out of Miami....does anyone know how to find the schedule for the shows? I’d like to make dining arrangements around the entertainment.  

Thanks in advance! 😄

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:19 AM, teach/2/cruise said:

Does anyone have know if the pools are going to be able to handle the large number of passengers?  I know the Encore is a sister ship to Bliss and Escape and haven't read anything negative.  We were on the Escape in April to Bermuda but it was to cool for the pools so I really can't compare.

We are going to the Panama Canal in November 2020 on the Encore and would like to be able to use the pools without feeling crowded.  (the pools on our Epic 2019 cruise were so small it was disappointing and unusable, unless you wanted to stand shoulder to shoulder with others)

Thanks in advance. 😀

I would not plan a cruise around my ability to use the pool(s) on any of the NCL ships.  They are very small for the capacity of the ships and fill up very quickly.  My DW and I always pick a hotel for our pre-cruise and post-cruise day(s) that have excellent pool facilities so we do not need to worry about it on the ship.  Even in the Haven, the pools are limited.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

I would not plan a cruise around my ability to use the pool(s) on any of the NCL ships.  They are very small for the capacity of the ships and fill up very quickly.  My DW and I always pick a hotel for our pre-cruise and post-cruise day(s) that have excellent pool facilities so we do not need to worry about it on the ship.  Even in the Haven, the pools are limited.

I agree. My husband is a pool person and has come to this conclusion reluctantly. So we try if at all possible to work around it. Day passes to a resort that have a pool like the RIU in Aruba or if we are lucky, picking  a cruise that stops in Harvest Caye which is a pool lover's dream.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Another one.

Harvest Caye 23.JPG

We just booked on of these for HC in December on our Gateway Cruise. We re looking forward to the relaxing day at the pool. We are not beach people. Going with my sister and niece. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cabbiebrown said:

I believe reservations open in the next couple days for the first sailing out of Miami....does anyone know how to find the schedule for the shows? I’d like to make dining arrangements around the entertainment.  

Thanks in advance! 😄

I'm on the same sailing... NCL don't publish schedules in advance. The main theatre shows should become available for booking, so that would let us know the timings of those. The website is still a mess for what is bookable in advance and what isn't. I'm not expecting to be able to book anything online when bookings open this weekend and I'm not expecting the schedule of even those main shows to be known yet. New ship and first sailing... think we'll need to be patient, make calls to make any bookings and then change them if necessary.

I was looking at RCCL Symphony for May and was intrigued by Encore out of NYC to Bermuda. Sailed Breakaway and Getaway and pool/deck space was barely bearable. On a cruise with three sea days that's a deal breaker for me.  Pool will be an absolute zoo. 

On the Jewell class ships if you don't need a lounger in the sun usually there are tables and

chairs under the overhang available until around 10. That is usually when we go 

to the pool so we can swim/hot tub, have lunch and then head back to our room around 2:00.

We occupy our table and chairs the whole time and then give them up for someone else.

I’m hoping it’s ok to post this....I am trying to organize flight options, hotels etc. I know in the past I was given some really good tips about what time to get to the port on the first day (11/24/19 for me)...can any of you frequent cruisers help me out?? Thanks so much!

8 hours ago, Cabbiebrown said:

I’m hoping it’s ok to post this....I am trying to organize flight options, hotels etc. I know in the past I was given some really good tips about what time to get to the port on the first day (11/24/19 for me)...can any of you frequent cruisers help me out?? Thanks so much!

We get to port around 10:15 to beat the crowd at security and check-in. Suite and priority boarding will start before 11:00. General boarding will start before 11:30. The cruise before you is a non-revenue cruise with hand-carry luggage, so the ship should be ready early. 

The Buffet and the Local pub will open at 11:30 for lunch. The Taste and Savor MDR at noon. American Diner (for additional fee) opens at noon.

BTW: Dining reservations for your voyage opened today (but you need to call in to book at table). Thanksgiving will sell out quickly. 

BTW: Your return is on the busiest travel day of they year, if you don't have your flights already, it will be expen$$$ive. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We get to port around 10:15 to beat the crowd at security and check-in. Suite and priority boarding will start before 11:00. General boarding will start before 11:30. The cruise before you is a non-revenue cruise with hand-carry luggage, so the ship should be ready early. 

The Buffet and the Local pub will open at 11:30 for lunch. The Taste and Savor MDR at noon. American Diner (for additional fee) opens at noon.

BTW: Dining reservations for your voyage opened today (but you need to call in to book at table). Thanksgiving will sell out quickly. 

BTW: Your return is on the busiest travel day of they year, if you don't have your flights already, it will be expen$$$ive. 

All amazing tips!! Thanks so much....I booked specialty dining yesterday...flights home are crazy..you are so right about that! 

9 hours ago, NewbieCruiser1231 said:

Booked a cruise on the Encore in Feb 2020.  Does anyone know if the new NCL terminal at the Miami port will be open then?

It was supposed to open for Encore's arrival in Miami in November, but I asked recently on Port Miami's Facebook page and was told it won't open till May/June 2020.

• Like 1