Advice wanted from frequent NCL guests

disneygirl10

Hi all,

I am booked on the Getaway 6/24. Was an Eastern, NCL switched it to a Western earlier this week. I have all 4 of the “4 options” and a $160 credit from booking during a certain promotion 2 months ago.

However, we just did that exact Western itinerary over Thanksgiving.

I called NCL and asked if I can transfer my perks to a Bermuda sailing.. was told “No”.

The price difference for same stateroom category on the Escape is $900+. I realize that it’s not Norwegian’s problem that I recently did the Western Caribbean, but given the situation I was hoping they would transfer the perks.

I’m ok with paying the price difference for the sailing, but had the Eastern not been available at time of booking, I would have gone ahead with Bermuda..and in turn, would have received the perks at that time.

Am I asking for too much?

Should I try again?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by disneygirl10

Basically the perks and promos go with the SPECIFIC contract sailing and are therefore not transferable.

It is like the Non-Refundable OBC - use it or lose it.

That being noted - you - might - may - hope - to get a token on the next cruise.

You may have better luck with:

Guest Relations - Before your cruise

To share any questions or concerns with our guest relations team before your cruise, please click below. Standard response time is 3 business days.

• Phone1.800.327.7030
    Call Guest Relations - Before your cruise
  • Mailing AddressPre-Cruise Guest Relations,Corporate Address 7665 Corporate Center Drive Miami, Florida 33126
  • Hours of Operation
    • Mon-Fri: 8am - Midnight ET
    • Sat-Sun: 9am - 9pm

And as usual YMMV - but then nothing ventured nothing gained.

If the answer is still a "NO" then keep browsing at NCL for a better deal cancelling and rebooking that

not so good a deal for the better deal as long as you remain outside that 90 day final payment when things

are pretty much locked in with no further adjustments other than an upgraded bid.

NCL plays a rough game and hard ball - have advanced Latitudes Rewards customer status I.E. Platinum

mention that without making an issue out of it. Loyalty sometimes works.

Basically the perks and promos go with the SPECIFIC contract sailing and are therefore not transferable.

It is like the Non-Refundable OBC - use it or lose it.

That being noted - you - might - may - hope - to get a token on the next cruise.

You may have better luck with:

Guest Relations - Before your cruise

To share any questions or concerns with our guest relations team before your cruise' date=' please click below. Standard response time is 3 business days.[/b']

•  
  • Phone1.800.327.7030

Call Guest Relations - Before your cruise

• Mailing AddressPre-Cruise Guest Relations,Corporate Address 7665 Corporate Center Drive Miami, Florida 33126

• Hours of Operation

•  
    • Mon-Fri: 8am - Midnight ET

• Sat-Sun: 9am - 9pm

And as usual YMMV - but then nothing ventured nothing gained.

If the answer is still a "NO" then keep browsing at NCL for a better deal cancelling and rebooking that

not so good a deal for the better deal as long as you remain outside that 90 day final payment when things

are pretty much locked in with no further adjustments other than an upgraded bid.

NCL plays a rough game and hard ball - have advanced Latitudes Rewards customer status I.E. Platinum

mention that without making an issue out of it. Loyalty sometimes works.

Thank you! I will take your advice and give it a try.

Hi all,

I am booked on the Getaway 6/24. Was an Eastern, NCL switched it to a Western earlier this week. I have all 4 of the “4 options” and a $160 credit from booking during a certain promotion 2 months ago.

I called NCL and asked if I can transfer my perks to a Bermuda sailing.. was told “No”.

The price difference for same stateroom category on the Escape is $900+. I realize that it’s not Norwegian’s problem that I recently did the Western Caribbean, but given the situation I was hoping they would transfer the perks.

I’m ok with paying the price difference for the sailing, but had the Eastern not been available at time of booking, I would have gone ahead with Bermuda..and in turn, would have received the perks at that time.

Should I try again?

Ask again. Then cancel while you can get 100% refund (I think you only have 10 days). And make a decision when and where you want to sail. RCCL is continuing their Eastern Caribbean cruises and you could you your $$$ there for a room and beverage package.

Ask again. Then cancel while you can get 100% refund (I think you only have 10 days). And make a decision when and where you want to sail. RCCL is continuing their Eastern Caribbean cruises and you could you your $$$ there for a room and beverage package.

I just looked at both the Harmony and the Allure! It is a great promotion. I haven’t been on Royal Caribbean since before the Oasis class came out.. it’s been a while.

Both the Harmony and Allure look wonderful, do you have a recommendation?

I tried to switch from Miami to New York sailing when Irma caused the first half of our b2b be cancelled. They said no too, even though I offered to pay the extra. So if you’ve got the chance to cancel with 100% refund as you’d rather do another itinerary, do so but you will have to accept what the current booking offer is.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all,

Should I try again?

I don't think you are asking too much. Yes, I think they should honor all the perks you had since they are the ones who changed the game. Even though they think they can dictate what you should or should not be agreeable to.

Keep at it!!!

Hi all,

Should I try again?

what you are asking would be like a hotel running a 2 week special and you wanting to get the same special 6 months after it is no longer available. Or a steak sale at your favorite butcher and asking for the special after it is expired. I understand what you are saying, but specials are only good for the time they are being advertised.

I do think your best option would be to cancel and just re-book the itinerary you can be happy with.

Edited by newmexicoNita

I would definitely cancel and send a letter to customer service letting them know why.

What? you can't be serious. I can understand the op calling guest services and trying whatever but to think that cancelling and then griping to the company because you can't get the same deal on another product is naive if nothing else. Do you really think a major company is going to care about the loss of a client based on this?

I was booked on one of the NCL Gem Canada cruises that was cancelled for October 2018. As a token, if you booked another sailing they would give you either $25 or $50 OBC. My party had two other sailings already booked, but NCL refused to apply the credit to an existing reservation. It just added insult to injury. I totally agree with you that they should honor the original promo, since they changed the itinerary completely, but unless you yell loudly and repeatedly, or manage to get the media involved, they are not likely to do anything for you. Corporate has been considerably less concerned about positive customer relations over the past year or two, IMHO. The ship experience is always great for me, though, so I'm trying to get past my crappy interactions with corporate.

Hi all,

Should I try again?

I was on a cruise that got cancelled by NCL twice. What the offered was not much to choose from and they were not willing to budge. I thonk they used to be more flexible.

what you are asking would be like a hotel running a 2 week special and you wanting to get the same special 6 months after it is no longer available. Or a steak sale at your favorite butcher and asking for the special after it is expired. I understand what you are saying, but specials are only good for the time they are being advertised.

I do think your best option would be to cancel and just re-book the itinerary you can be happy with.

That’s the thing, I’m not showing up later asking for a sale. I looked at both Bermuda and the Eastern for the exact same week at that time, both had the promotion.

I booked the Eastern. Now it’s not available. I am not trying to get something that I wouldn’t have had anyway. We sailed with NCL during the week of Thanksgiving, on a Western, so I think they could understand why we wouldn’t want to do the exact same itinerary exactly 7 months later.

Given the circumstances I thought they would do something...maybe split the dining package or Internet.

It’s not the end of the world, but it would be nice. I sent an email so I’ll wait and see what kind of response I get.

I think NCL should do something for you. They changed the itinerary. They can legally do that without any recourse to you, but what a company can legally do isn't always what they SHOULD do.

NCL is no longer doing the eastern cruises, so I would check with Hal, RCL or Celebrity to see if they have an eastern itinerary that appeals to me. If they do, I would cancel NCL and book the other line if I didn't have to pay a penalty. If your cruise is in June, you still have time to do that.

It will also send a message that, while perfectly legal to do so according to the terms, changing the itinerary can be a problem for their customers. If they were flexible you would be happy. Because they are being inflexible, which is perfectly legal, you are not happy. They should be striving for "legal" and "happy".