Price drop after final pmt

Kaibocan

I may be wrong...there are others more knowledgeable than I..but if this is on an S class ship, the aft balconies are not larger. Being aft is still very nice though. The large aft balconies are on the M class ships.

You are right the balconies are the same but cabin 6317 on Refection is 30% wider due to a closet next door

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From Celebrity site, Terms and conditions for best price guarantee:

Celebrity Cruises Best Price Guarantee

Our Celebrity Best Price Guarantee ensures that you will enjoy the lowest advertised rate on your cruise fare and your preferred promotional offer. If a lower cruise fare or different promotional offer advertised to the general public is found and your booking meets certain requirements, you may request to have that savings or promotion applied to your booking (savings options vary by whether the request is submitted before or after the final payment due date).

To apply for your onboard credit call: 1-888-751-7804

For a request submitted on or before the due date of final payment, the following applies:

Request for a Lower Cruise Fare:

Celebrity will reduce cruise fare to available prevailing cruise fare. If full payment has been made, a refund will be issued.

Request to Add or Change an Added Value Offer

Celebrity will 1) apply an Added Value Offer to booking and 2) go to prevailing eligible cruise fare

NOTE: If either the new cruise fare or Added Value Offer is not combinable with any promotion associated with the existing booking, or changes are being made outside of promotional booking window, the existing promotion will be removed from the booking. No refund or exchange will be given on a promotion offer (added value)

NOTE: an Added Value Offer refers to an amenity added to your booking, such as an onboard credit, specialty dining, shore excursion, etc.

For a request submitted after the due date of final payment AND the booking is within 48 hours from creation, the following applies:

Request for a Lower Cruise Fare

Celebrity will apply an onboard credit to the booking in the amount of 110% of the difference in price.

Celebrity will 1) apply an Added Value Offer to booking and 2) go to prevailing eligible cruise fare

NOTE: If either the new cruise fare or Added Value Offer is not combinable with any promotion associated with the existing booking, or changes are being made outside of promotional booking window, the existing promotion will be removed from the booking. No refund or exchange will be given on a promotion offer (added value)

NOTE: An Added Value Offer refers to an amenity added to your booking, such as an onboard credit, specialty dining, shore excursion, etc.

Celebrity's Best Price Guarantee FAQ

Terms and Conditions

The Celebrity Best Price Guarantee (the "Guarantee") is available on a Celebrity cruise or cruise tour booked on or after May 1, 2014. If your booking meets either of the above requirements, you may request to have a lower cruise fare or a promotional offer advertised to the general public applied to your booking. The lower cruise fare and/or promotional offer must apply to the same cruise (defined as same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests). If within 48 hours from creation of booking or if on or before the due date of final payment, regardless of creation date of booking, you can submit a request to apply the lower cruise fare or promotional offer to your booking as described above.

The onboard credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit as of 10 PM on the last night of the cruise will be forfeited. Both the lower cruise fare and Value Added offer must be advertised by Celebrity Cruises and bookable in the United States and Canada.

You will be asked to provide the lower cruise fare and/or the Added Value offer (the "Requested Savings") as found on the Celebrity Cruises website. The Requested Savings must be available for booking or redemption at the time that Celebrity reviews the Claim Form submitted (usually within 48 hours from receipt of submission). Claim Forms must be submitted in accordance with these instructions within 48 hours of booking your cruise. Celebrity will verify the extent to which the booking is eligible for the Requested Savings.

I got OBC thru Celebrity

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, you may have gotten that as part of the four perks that are included for suites on most cruises. But regardless of how you got it from Celebrity - you can transfer the reservation to a TA, keep the OBC and any other Celebrity perks and get an additional $400 or more of OBC or big box store card credit from the TA.

Yes, you may have gotten that as part of the four perks that are included for suites on most cruises. But regardless of how you got it from Celebrity - you can transfer the reservation to a TA, keep the OBC and any other Celebrity perks and get an additional $400 or more of OBC or big box store card credit from the TA.

I don't believe you can transfer a cruise to any TA after final payment date. That is what we were told some time ago.

I don't believe you can transfer a cruise to any TA after final payment date. That is what we were told some time ago.

True. However the OP did not indicate that he booked after final payment date - rather that he was looking for something due to the price drop after final payment date.

I merely tried to put it in perspective that had he used a TA at or soon after his booking, he could have gotten TA supplied perks that were of the same magnitude as his price drop.

After watching pricing for AQ for our upcoming TA in April, finally price dropped enough that made sense ( extra $20/ pp per day) to give up big balcony for BLU. And we got a free upgrade to A1. Our final price is $103.50/pp per day for A1.

Very happy now...:D.

After watching pricing for AQ for our upcoming TA in April, finally price dropped enough that made sense ( extra $20/ pp per day) to give up big balcony for BLU. And we got a free upgrade to A1. Our final price is $103.50/pp per day for A1.

Very happy now...:D.

Congratulations - great price even if it should drop a little more prior to sailing!

I used to have a TA when I first started, now I book directly. Why:

Our Celebrity Best Price Guarantee ensures that you will enjoy the lowest advertised rate on your cruise fare and your preferred promotional offer. If a lower cruise fare or different promotional offer advertised to the general public is found and your booking meets certain requirements, you may request to have that savings or promotion applied to your booking (savings options vary by whether the request is submitted before or after the final payment due date).

Lgavkpbpk0FLNm_q2-GMy_KPA1D6TJca8utjH0VMGSrBJ0oTT4PWJk1R6NfSMv3-mfhL0paEPUOsqOqZEUXF9ELVnqBQnKPibgW7VkduklpBHx9C2Q0EJ3N6vsOnfLTKd-ixbDRVd2OQXJbLhY47ZRnaxIrBupLKzvuiLL7PkSfMirCnfUJagOJy9HGsDnfaJHvK-VU3WVtdBusojsrfttyOy8LDh_8lQH6lih1fp7ruoAays-EkDc2ePNM7K3K1ihd2n-FQ9x-r_EEOYYAsX3Vw4asFgFvi5olnhJnl71tsYs4qTY4kKGOBLVbCvItZNNMvCFSOP-JhkYrhOLG-AoCVoZxqhCbxPT-Z3b2Xa3zK8vEC9k37V0Q4uN0FfK4nhdHRuQac7BkJLKO9EoCNNVf0bzzRERtxCf10nQBS5Xn9LNzXhjoQO2MEU8VFZDhMoJh_DFGEHpX3_fnXAjpqq8y4NAcKEZxPQq6xrSiSCGhpUlao3SRRnbsZCgKKsJVzGC7hlDB1OuT5A87GNSHSeeHGEiykpTzve3PqGzM3l_qPOtc6O5mhnbd8gxZsY0hcVHxwqRABbzHiLz8DbrI8YmIJ86KUM1Ub0sMRHvo=w1350-h901-no

From Celebrity site, Terms and conditions for best price guarantee:

Celebrity Cruises Best Price Guarantee

For a request submitted on or before the due date of final payment, the following applies:

Request for a Lower Cruise Fare:

Celebrity will reduce cruise fare to available prevailing cruise fare. If full payment has been made, a refund will be issued.

NOTE: an Added Value Offer refers to an amenity added to your booking, such as an onboard credit, specialty dining, shore excursion, etc.

For a request submitted after the due date of final payment AND the booking is within 48 hours from creation, the following applies:

Request for a Lower Cruise Fare

Celebrity will apply an onboard credit to the booking in the amount of 110% of the difference in price.

NOTE: An Added Value Offer refers to an amenity added to your booking, such as an onboard credit, specialty dining, shore excursion, etc.

Celebrity's Best Price Guarantee FAQ

Terms and Conditions

The Celebrity Best Price Guarantee (the "Guarantee") is available on a Celebrity cruise or cruise tour booked on or after May 1, 2014. If your booking meets either of the above requirements, you may request to have a lower cruise fare or a promotional offer advertised to the general public applied to your booking. The lower cruise fare and/or promotional offer must apply to the same cruise (defined as same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests). If within 48 hours from creation of booking or if on or before the due date of final payment, regardless of creation date of booking, you can submit a request to apply the lower cruise fare or promotional offer to your booking as described above.

The onboard credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit as of 10 PM on the last night of the cruise will be forfeited. Both the lower cruise fare and Value Added offer must be advertised by Celebrity Cruises and bookable in the United States and Canada.

You will be asked to provide the lower cruise fare and/or the Added Value offer (the "Requested Savings") as found on the Celebrity Cruises website. The Requested Savings must be available for booking or redemption at the time that Celebrity reviews the Claim Form submitted (usually within 48 hours from receipt of submission). Claim Forms must be submitted in accordance with these instructions within 48 hours of booking your cruise. Celebrity will verify the extent to which the booking is eligible for the Requested Savings.

“And your booking meets certain reqirements”, Pretty vague so they can massage it anyway their want to their advantage. How hard would it be to spell these requirements out?

Unless this was your first cruise with Celebrity (they are known for treating first timers better than anyone except perhaps Zenith and high end suite folks), I suspect that your TA might have absorbed some of the cost. Either that or they needed that room for some reason (bulk reservation, connecting room request, etc..). No way to know for sure. I am just saying this because I don't want new cruisers to get their hopes up that this kind of thing is likely to happen. It is about as rare as my odds of winning Megamillions.

Nope, Elite. Agent didn’t pay anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

“And your booking meets certain reqirements”, Pretty vague so they can massage it anyway their want to their advantage. How hard would it be to spell these requirements out?

Exactly! and one requirement is that you are not in the penalty period (after final payment)

• 7 months later...
Unless this was your first cruise with Celebrity (they are known for treating first timers better than anyone except perhaps Zenith and high end suite folks), I suspect that your TA might have absorbed some of the cost. Either that or they needed that room for some reason (bulk reservation, connecting room request, etc..). No way to know for sure. I am just saying this because I don't want new cruisers to get their hopes up that this kind of thing is likely to happen. It is about as rare as my odds of winning Megamillions.

Nowhere near our first cruise and our agent did not absorb any costs. It was for a cruise leaving from Puerto Rico after the hurricane last year where they also allowed clients to “cancel” (move to a different date and trip) without penalty since airlines were being canceled left and right as well as hotel rooms. We met lots of folks on CC who were moved up at no cost. We were moved from an OV to AQU and our friends (3 cabins) were moved from AQU to Suites. The prices were plummeting, people were allowed to cancel, so why not ask. Some on our cruise said they paid a small fee. We did not pay any additional fee. Our agent negotiated with Celebrity telling them that our hotel was canceled (used for first responders) and Celebrity had no hotel room for us either. The trip did cost us more since we had to pay for an overpriced (price gauging) hotel when we had had the Sheraton booked on points.

Edited by Jade13

I used to have a TA when I first started, now I book directly. Why:

Lgavkpbpk0FLNm_q2-GMy_KPA1D6TJca8utjH0VMGSrBJ0oTT4PWJk1R6NfSMv3-mfhL0paEPUOsqOqZEUXF9ELVnqBQnKPibgW7VkduklpBHx9C2Q0EJ3N6vsOnfLTKd-ixbDRVd2OQXJbLhY47ZRnaxIrBupLKzvuiLL7PkSfMirCnfUJagOJy9HGsDnfaJHvK-VU3WVtdBusojsrfttyOy8LDh_8lQH6lih1fp7ruoAays-EkDc2ePNM7K3K1ihd2n-FQ9x-r_EEOYYAsX3Vw4asFgFvi5olnhJnl71tsYs4qTY4kKGOBLVbCvItZNNMvCFSOP-JhkYrhOLG-AoCVoZxqhCbxPT-Z3b2Xa3zK8vEC9k37V0Q4uN0FfK4nhdHRuQac7BkJLKO9EoCNNVf0bzzRERtxCf10nQBS5Xn9LNzXhjoQO2MEU8VFZDhMoJh_DFGEHpX3_fnXAjpqq8y4NAcKEZxPQq6xrSiSCGhpUlao3SRRnbsZCgKKsJVzGC7hlDB1OuT5A87GNSHSeeHGEiykpTzve3PqGzM3l_qPOtc6O5mhnbd8gxZsY0hcVHxwqRABbzHiLz8DbrI8YmIJ86KUM1Ub0sMRHvo=w1350-h901-no

Have you ever tried to use this? Last time I looked it was only good for 48 hours.