obstructed view cabins on the pearl!

linbobky

how obstructed are the oceanview rooms on deck 8? on the Pearl. can you see anything other than the life boats? thanks!

I have not been in an oceanview on the Pearl. But a look at the deck plan on the NCL website discloses that the forward and aft oceanviews on deck 8 would not be obstructed. Midships will have lifeboats hanging in front of the windows.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/pearl/deck-plans#dsr6

My experience on another NCL ship with a deck 8 obstructed oceanview was that it was "way" obstructed unless the lifeboat was being used as a tender or was out for training.

I have not been in an oceanview on the Pearl. But a look at the deck plan on the NCL website discloses that the forward and aft oceanviews on deck 8 would not be obstructed. Midships will have lifeboats hanging in front of the windows.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/pearl/deck-plans#dsr6

My experience on another NCL ship with a deck 8 obstructed oceanview was that it was "way" obstructed unless the lifeboat was being used as a tender or was out for training.

thanks!

f28d08ee5caa8dcbda4d16342e285a29.jpg

You get light and a little view. Be sure to close curtains while in port if changing. Crew works on lifeboats (pic included).

Which cabin and on which ship, please? The window looks clean and clear!

THANKS!

We will not do an inside (been once and never again as we prefer to see outside light), so when a cruise itinerary is a port intensive one, we opt to go for an OK cabin. We have stayed in an OK cabin a few times and loved them.

Which cabin and on which ship, please? The window looks clean and clear!

THANKS!

We will not do an inside (been once and never again as we prefer to see outside light), so when a cruise itinerary is a port intensive one, we opt to go for an OK cabin. We have stayed in an OK cabin a few times and loved them.

8054 on the Pearl.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking for a pic or info on cabin 8568 please?

thank you

This youtube video of 8076 on the Pearl will show you the layout of 8568. Two narrow oval windows,

no wall bed. You may need to copy and paste into your browser if link isn't clickable.

Some rooms have more of a view than others, depending on what part of the lifeboat the window faces. We had room 8600 and the view was great because it looked out right over the top of a lifeboat as opposed to between two where there is a lot of metal blocking the view.

The review here shows some good pictures:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2559102

I have not had this experience on the Pearl, but did on the Dawn, deck 8. I loved it. Great Location, still had some natural light and we had one of the "sideways" cabins which just felt roomier and easier to move around. Would do this again in a heartbeat. Lifeboat at the window did not bother us at all.

how obstructed are the oceanview rooms on deck 8? on the Pearl. can you see anything other than the life boats? thanks!

Surprisingly Yes!

Many times we have seen crew member on the walkway outside our window, servicing the life boat's.

Looking for a pic or info on cabin 8568 please?

thank you

Hi, you might've seen some of the pix that I posted on another post with questions for the Jade's obstructedOV, basically all similar in the Jewel/Gem class ships. Had to re-check my own posts & record, we're in 8570 on the Gem last April, just 1 cabin behind - 2 small oval windows.

See this original thread-post then for some pictures:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52967352&postcount=53

Also, see the "current" thread by TrumpNor - post #4 and #6 also with more interior pix, several with views thru the open windows.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2596780

Pix are zoomable when viewed on a desktop/laptop - see better with the details when you can pan around a bit vs. direct viewing on a smartphone, even ones with a 5.5" or 6" plus screen.

Ditto on what's said above, there is also the possibility of some of the lifeboats being launched while docked or even when tendering, as they do run full scale drills & training exercises with the crew ... resulting in a fully unobstructed OV for a few hours in the port, if you are lucky.