Self Guided tour on a Sunday of St. Peter's Basllica

funtime18

I tried to post this question earlier and got a message that it was too short!!!

Can we get skip-the-line tickets for a self guided tour on a Sunday. I have seen companies advertise audio-tours that would do this but not sure if it works on a Sunday. We would be there on a Sunday afternoon between masses. I know there is no entrance fee to get in. So I would assume it would be for the security line which I know we cannot skip. I would appreciate any suggestions on the best way to speed up the process to get in the cathedral on a Sunday. Thanks

funtime18

I tried to post this question earlier and got a message that it was too short!!!

Can we get skip-the-line tickets for a self guided tour on a Sunday. I have seen companies advertise audio-tours that would do this but not sure if it works on a Sunday. We would be there on a Sunday afternoon between masses. I know there is no entrance fee to get in. So I would assume it would be for the security line which I know we cannot skip. I would appreciate any suggestions on the best way to speed up the process to get in the cathedral on a Sunday. Thanks

funtime18

http://m.museivaticani.va/content/museivaticani-mobile/en/visita-i-musei/tariffe-e-biglietti.html

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The OP is asking about St Peters, not the Vatican museum.

OP -- there is no "skip the line" at St. Peters, as there is no ticket. Everyone has to go through security. If you aren't time limited, you may find lines shorter toward the end of the day.

The OP is asking about St Peters, not the Vatican museum.

OP -- there is no "skip the line" at St. Peters, as there is no ticket. Everyone has to go through security. If you aren't time limited, you may find lines shorter toward the end of the day.

Yes, I know. By, I offered the website since OP may have been mixing up the items. Entrance to Vatican Museum usually includes Sistine Chapel and ends in the Basilica. It would be a shame to just do St Peter's.

Yes, I know. By, I offered the website since OP may have been mixing up the items. Entrance to Vatican Museum usually includes Sistine Chapel and ends in the Basilica. It would be a shame to just do St Peter's.

Just Sistine chapel and St. Peter's could well be all they want if they only have one afternoon.. Vatican Museum is only a tease if one has just a brief amount of time. It is imposible to see mcch of anything in Vatgican Musssedum if all they have is . only brief amount of time. Beter to see St. Peter's and Sistine Chapel than to not see much of anything, IMO. Beter to noytt go tyo St. Peter's on a Sunday if it is possible to go a different day.

Yes, I know. By, I offered the website since OP may have been mixing up the items. Entrance to Vatican Museum usually includes Sistine Chapel and ends in the Basilica. It would be a shame to just do St Peter's. Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Just Sistine chapel and St. Peter's could well be all they want if they only have one afternoon.. Vatican Museum is only a tease if one has onlyh a brief amount of time. It is imposible to see mucch of anything her wiwth only brief amount of time. iBeter to see St. Peter's and Sistine Chapel than to not see much of anything, IMO.

Since the OP clearly states they will be there on a Sunday, they probably realize that the Museum is closed. ;)

Sure, it is open on the last Sunday of the month, and entrance is free -- but lines are horrendous and it is mobbed. I can't recommend it.

Just Sistine chapel and St. Peter's could well be all they want if they only have one afternoon.. Vatican Museum is only a tease if one has onlyh a brief amount of time. It is imposible to see mucch of anything her wiwth only brief amount of time. iBeter to see St. Peter's and Sistine Chapel than to not see much of anything, IMO.

You can't get to the Sistine chapel without buying a ticket for and entering the Vatican museum and walking about 30 minutes to the Sistine chapel -- so unless you close your eyes, you will end up seeing something of it along the way.

(Besides, OP will be there on a Sunday when the museum will be closed, see above.)