So excited - Incredible deal on 12 night Athens to Rome cruise

SeeJennyCruise

Thank you for sharing the balcony size information. I was so excited I did not research the cabin as I normally would. I posted a picture of a booking summary to show the price I was quoting. We actually booked cabin 9070 (70th birthday ;)) It is not a large balcony, but I think it is larger than 9100. Thanks to your reminder, I did check the M class cabins on this board and 9070 doesn't have negatives listed.

I am so happy for you. Now I can relax!:) Enjoy your cruise.

Oh, and another tiny piece of advice (you're going to be thoroughly sick of us all with our advice). Watch the prices. If they go down before final payment you can ask for the new lower price. You might lose a perk, you might not.

Edited by TeaBag

I logged into big box website and see this price but every time I submit enter I keep getting an error. Not sure why. I'm interested in this cruise to celebrate our 40th anniversary.

Select your state and senior citizen if it applies, but don't select Celebrity Cruises Captain's Club. I had the same problem and was told the solution when I called. I just tried it again and you can get to the next screen which is the login screen after selecting a cabin/

That's helpful to know. Thank you. I was concerned that the popular excursions might sell out before a month out.

Yes the popular excursions do sell out so when you know the ones you want book them ... we are going in April but haven’t booked excursions yet but better get on that ...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There really are some interesting deals that you almost stumble over, some with the help of emails from CC themselves. We saved $2400 ($1200 each) on a cruise later this year by upgrading from 1A to C2 (actually 1B to C3 pricing) and we picked up 4 vs 2 perks at the same time. Presumably, it was group rates combined with who knows what...but a very reputable agency (after all, recommended by CC).

Finding the best deal on a cruise is a full time job....

There really are some interesting deals that you almost stumble over, some with the help of emails from CC themselves. We saved $2400 ($1200 each) on a cruise later this year by upgrading from 1A to C2 (actually 1B to C3 pricing) and we picked up 4 vs 2 perks at the same time. Presumably, it was group rates combined with who knows what...but a very reputable agency (after all, recommended by CC).

Finding the best deal on a cruise is a full time job....

Yes, I love finding deals through help of CC. Which cruise are you on that you were able to save 2400? I'd like to take a look. Was it with big box TA? Thanks

Select your state and senior citizen if it applies, but don't select Celebrity Cruises Captain's Club. I had the same problem and was told the solution when I called. I just tried it again and you can get to the next screen which is the login screen after selecting a cabin/

I called and booked it over the phone. It's is fully refundable because I have not done any research on this itinerary or ship. But it's our 40th anniversary so I wanted to find a special cruise that we could afford. Have you read any reviews on the Infinity or the itinerary? I need to start investigating. Thanks for taking the time to post your great deal on CC. CC is so helpful

I am so happy for you...70 is an important milestone and you will have a wonderful time in all the ports! We are going back to cruise Greece and Italy this April for the second time; that's how much we love Europe. The best deal is the one you feel good about inside...Congratulations! We got a great deal on ours too!

Congratulations! If you can stand one more piece of advice, when the time comes to start looking at flights, take a look at Flights by Celebrity. We've found that we've gotten some good rates with European cruises, especially when our arrival city and departure city are different.

Group rates make a lot of difference.

For our upcoming 10 nights Italy and Greek Isles cruise in April, which is the same one that Lastdance will be on, we got our A1 for $5276 total, including 2 perks (drinks + gratuities), $250 OBC from X from booking while onboard a cruise ship, $75 dining + $405 cash card from TA. The pricing was for A2 group rate, which we got a Captain's Club 1 sub-category upgrade. Celebrity's rate has consistently been more than $7000 from the time we booked until now. We booked this onboard and then transferred to our TA last April.

Jenny...do not forget to join your roll call and look for tours there. You will find, in many cases, they will be cheaper and much smaller. We never do the tours by Celebrity due to the large buses and groups...however, I am not sure about your comfort level...

And...ditto on the Choice Air flights. Book two one ways. Do not let them tell you that you can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congratulations Jenny! That’s a fabulous itinerary on which to celebrate your anniversary and your husband’s birthday. And you hunted down a great deal:D

Unless you’re uncomfortable with the idea of private tours, you can have a much better experience in a small group of eight or ten (and usually pay less than a similar Celebrity shore excursion) than you would on a bus loaded with 40 people. You can also more easily personalize your tour with a small group of like minded people.

If you’re interested in a beverage package, keep an eye on your roll call and the Celebrity site because they often have sales of up to 30% (more if you’re entitled to a Captains Club discount) during the months leading to the cruise.

Have a great time!! I’m excited for you:) Cheers,

Michelle

I called and booked it over the phone. It's is fully refundable because I have not done any research on this itinerary or ship. But it's our 40th anniversary so I wanted to find a special cruise that we could afford. Have you read any reviews on the Infinity or the itinerary? I need to start investigating. Thanks for taking the time to post your great deal on CC. CC is so helpful
I have done some research, but not enough. Infinity is an older ship last refurbished three or four years ago. It is about to go into drydock for work on the propulsion system. I believe that is what it is. Anyway, I dont know if they will do much else before then. I did find one reference to Infinity going into drydock in October 2018, but I did not see that anywhere else. I am going to research our cabin a bit more. I know the fare is fully refundable, but I am not sure if I can change cabins. I don't know that it matters as long as we stay in an A2. They are all on Sky deck.

I will busy planning for the next 600 days. We have two cruises and a land trip with our family this year, but nothing planned after that.

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. I hope we get to toast you onboard the Infinity. Btw, I started a roll call. ☺

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am so happy for you...70 is an important milestone and you will have a wonderful time in all the ports! We are going back to cruise Greece and Italy this April for the second time; that's how much we love Europe. The best deal is the one you feel good about inside...Congratulations! We got a great deal on ours too!
Thank you. My DH is a 26 year cancer survivor and we now have five grandchildren. We have so many reasons to be grateful and celebrate.

Glad for everyone who is happy with the price of their cruise. Now that you mention it, I guess I have never been unhappy with the fare. If I had been we would not have booked and I have always been happy that we have a cruise booked. I am just really, really happy this time. [emoji16][emoji1][emoji6]

Congratulations! If you can stand one more piece of advice, when the time comes to start looking at flights, take a look at Flights by Celebrity. We've found that we've gotten some good rates with European cruises, especially when our arrival city and departure city are different.
Thank you! I welcome all the advice I can get. I will absolutely check with Flights by Celebrity. Our one and only Celebrity Cruise was out of Southhampton, but we traveled to Paris first and flew home from Miami. I was very pleased with the airfare as compared to anything I found on my own.

Group rates make a lot of difference.

For our upcoming 10 nights Italy and Greek Isles cruise in April, which is the same one that Lastdance will be on, we got our A1 for $5276 total, including 2 perks (drinks + gratuities), $250 OBC from X from booking while onboard a cruise ship, $75 dining + $405 cash card from TA. The pricing was for A2 group rate, which we got a Captain's Club 1 sub-category upgrade. Celebrity's rate has consistently been more than $7000 from the time we booked until now. We booked this onboard and then transferred to our TA last April.

That is a terrific deal! We could not use our future cruise option because I did not transfer it to a TA within 60 or 90 days.

Jenny...do not forget to join your roll call and look for tours there. You will find, in many cases, they will be cheaper and much smaller. We never do the tours by Celebrity due to the large buses and groups...however, I am not sure about your comfort level...

And...ditto on the Choice Air flights. Book two one ways. Do not let them tell you that you can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the good advice. I started a roll call yesterday.

Congratulations Jenny! That’s a fabulous itinerary on which to celebrate your anniversary and your husband’s birthday. And you hunted down a great deal:D

Unless you’re uncomfortable with the idea of private tours, you can have a much better experience in a small group of eight or ten (and usually pay less than a similar Celebrity shore excursion) than you would on a bus loaded with 40 people. You can also more easily personalize your tour with a small group of like minded people.

If you’re interested in a beverage package, keep an eye on your roll call and the Celebrity site because they often have sales of up to 30% (more if you’re entitled to a Captains Club discount) during the months leading to the cruise.

Have a great time!! I’m excited for you:) Cheers,

Michelle

Thank you. I will keep a look out for those beverage package specials. We would be interested if the price is right.

Thank you. I will keep a look out for those beverage package specials. We would be interested if the price is right.

That’s what we were thinking before our 16 night TA (no perks) last year. We’d planned to decide once we were aboard because we only drink enough (including specialty coffee and bottled water) to roughly break even on a premium beverage package. We ended up taking advantage of a 25% sale, combined with our 5% captains club discount. When I texted my DH about the sale, I immediately received a bunch of grinning emojis:D BTW I don’t know if you realize you can now buy the Classic package and simply pay the difference for any drink above the limits. Until last year, this wasn’t possible. Have fun;)

I have done some research, but not enough. Infinity is an older ship last refurbished three or four years ago. It is about to go into drydock for work on the propulsion system. I believe that is what it is. Anyway, I dont know if they will do much else before then. I did find one reference to Infinity going into drydock in October 2018, but I did not see that anywhere else. I am going to research our cabin a bit more. I know the fare is fully refundable, but I am not sure if I can change cabins. I don't know that it matters as long as we stay in an A2. They are all on Sky deck.

I will busy planning for the next 600 days. We have two cruises and a land trip with our family this year, but nothing planned after that.

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. I hope we get to toast you onboard the Infinity. Btw, I started a roll call. ☺

Hi,

Have you cruised with Celebrity before? If you have, you should be able to get a free upgrade from A2 to A1. What free perk did you choose?

Thanks

Hi,

Have you cruised with Celebrity before? If you have, you should be able to get a free upgrade from A2 to A1. What free perk did you choose?

Thanks

We were on the Celebrity Eclipse for a transatlantic. We did not get a free perk. The TA gave us a $75 dining credit and we will receive a $475 cash card after the cruise. Do I ask the TA to call Celebrity and request the upgrade to A1?