If you worked for RCI, which ship and itinerary would you like to work on?

Joe12

This question has been floating about in my head, so I have decided to ask CC - "If you worked for RCI, which ship and itinerary would you like to work on?"

As much as I love the Oasis Class, it probably wouldn't be my first choice, as I would probably want the Explorer doing Australia/Pacific/Hawaii and Alaska. Relatively big ship and tons of great ports, all of which are quite far away from where I live.

The only ships that I would NOT want to be on are the Enchantment and Majesty doing the 3/4 day cruises. Both are fairly lacklustre ships, all the events have to be crammed in to a shorter time, too much alcohol onboard, and a lack of variety in ports.

This question has been floating about in my head, so I have decided to ask CC - "If you worked for RCI, which ship and itinerary would you like to work on?"

As much as I love the Oasis Class, it probably wouldn't be my first choice, as I would probably want the Explorer doing Australia/Pacific/Hawaii and Alaska. Relatively big ship and tons of great ports, all of which are quite far away from where I live.

The only ships that I would NOT want to be on are the Enchantment and Majesty doing the 3/4 day cruises. Both are fairly lacklustre ships, all the events have to be crammed in to a shorter time, too much alcohol onboard, and a lack of variety in ports.

Well it would highy depend on what position I´d be working in.

As a cabin attendant you´d most likely want les turnaround days and thus some longer cruises. As a bartender you´d want the booze heavier cruises and for both position you´d want itineraries with tip heavy demographics onboard.

Working in the back of the house it probably doesn´t matter too much how long and what itineraries the sailings are.

Keep in mind you won´t be seeing a lot of the ports you are visiting anyway. You are there to work and not travel the world. Your prime goal would be to make the most money.

Unless you are working in the Entertainment department, it wouldn´t matter to you if there´s too many events cramped into a short time, as you won´t be participating anyway.

If I were on ships, I would want to be Cruise Director's Staff, so the events and scheduling would matter to me. If everything is crammed in, then that won't be too fun. Also, many crew do get the opportunity to leave the ship in ports, especially people such as CS, and I can imagine that Nassau and CocoCay would get boring really quickly.

I believe that I would choose to work on one of the Radiance class of ships because of the amount of windows and ability to see the ocean from almost anywhere on board!:cool: Ideally, I would want RCI to create a new job description, which mainly would include the "Ask Me" information for the guests.;) I would be allowed to casually stroll around the ship everywhere, wearing my BIG "ASK ME" button (along with a nice welcoming smile on my kisser):D, and be able to answer most, if not all, of questions asked of me! Think of all of the amazing people I would be able to meet! Yep, I would love that job!

If I were younger, I would want to be on the ship that would get me the best earnings, and opportunities for advancement, regardless of which craft I happened to be in. My secondary goal would be, to be on a ship sailing out of a port in, or close to my home

If it was just a "retirement" type job, for the "fun of it"....then I would want to be on the ship that went to interesting places, or offered a nice employee environment on board, and be in a craft that would give me the maximum time off to enjoy the same....I think working in shorex would be one choice, or port shopping guide, or maybe 'cruise next' sales would be something that would interest me....

I think I would like Symphony. 7 night cruises mean fewer turn around days than your short 3/4/5 night cruises. Another reason is we met a fantastic bar server when we were on Indy and she is moving to Symphony next month. It would be great to work with her as her personality is awesome.

I think I would like Symphony. 7 night cruises mean fewer turn around days than your short 3/4/5 night cruises. Another reason is we met a fantastic bar server when we were on Indy and she is moving to Symphony next month. It would be great to work with her as her personality is awesome.

As much as I love Harmony, many of the staff on that ship are run into the ground, and I can imagine that Symphony will be much the same.

We have a family friend who is currently working for Royal as a dancer, and she's on the Quantum in Asia (it's her first contract). For her next contract, she'd love to be on one of the Europe routes. I personally would love to do one of the ships in Australia.