Questions about carnivals value wi fi plan

RogBus101

Hi all, I'm looking at purchasing the value wi fi plan I will have my kindle with me most of the time as I like to read while I'm cruising I know only 1 device can connect at a time. My question is does it work well on a kindle fire HDX?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Rog.

my Kindle is just a reader, so only need wifi if downloading a book, which would take hours. The Value plan is just a messaging platform, it does not access the interent

Believe it or not, you can use it for Google searches as well. You won’t be able to open any results, but you can easily find info like addresses, flight times, or news searches.

Also, my wife used it on the last sea day of the Miracle repo (which I believe you were on as well) to buy early bird check in on Southwest.com. So the Value plan isn’t quite only a messaging platform. Try it your next cruise; I bet you’ll be pleasantly surprised. :)

The SOCIAL plan is only for social media sites. The VALUE plan allows internet usage, have done it now with a surface pro on four cruises, other laptops before that. It is slow because although not everyone brings a laptop, nearly everyone brings a cellphone and they are always on it. EM

I would download any books you want before you leave. I used a kindle on my last cruise and I couldn't download a book. Its slow because it goes in and out which messed up the ability to download. Also, although I could get my work email and see the subject, when I went to open an email often I couldn't see the content until I came back a few hours later and opened it again.

Believe it or not, you can use it for Google searches as well. You won’t be able to open any results, but you can easily find info like addresses, flight times, or news searches.

Also, my wife used it on the last sea day of the Miracle repo (which I believe you were on as well) to buy early bird check in on Southwest.com. So the Value plan isn’t quite only a messaging platform. Try it your next cruise; I bet you’ll be pleasantly surprised. :)

Tom, unfortunately we had to cancel the cruise for a family emergency. Thank goodness for trip insurance Nationwide Cruise insurance has been excellent and compassionate. Too bad about the cruise it was a bucket list we will have to try again.

The value plan is only usable for social media sites. You can use your Kindle for that. However, the Wi-Fi service is V.E.R.Y. S.L.O.W. I honestly don't know why I buy it.

Nope ... see Essiesmom's post below.

The SOCIAL plan is only for social media sites. The VALUE plan allows internet usage, have done it now with a surface pro on four cruises, other laptops before that. It is slow because although not everyone brings a laptop, nearly everyone brings a cellphone and they are always on it. EM

Very correct. The SOCIAL MEDIA plan only allows access to social media sites. The Value plan allows limited internet usage. DH used it on our last cruise and found it to be okay. I, personally, wouldn't bother.

Hi all, I'm looking at purchasing the value wi fi plan I will have my kindle with me most of the time as I like to read while I'm cruising I know only 1 device can connect at a time. My question is does it work well on a kindle fire HDX?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Rog.

I don't use a Kindle, but can't you just download the books onto the device before you go on your cruise? I plan to download Kindle books to my iPhone.

I don't use a Kindle, but can't you just download the books onto the device before you go on your cruise? I plan to download Kindle books to my iPhone.

You don't have to download books to your iPhone. You download the Kindle App, sign in and all your books are there. I also have Kindle on my laptop