Shore Excursion in San Juan - Silhoutte 3/11/18

leeroyboy

We are on Silhoutte on 3/11/18, we are trying to figure out what to do in San Juan. If we arrive at 3:30 PM, what time can we get off the ship to do an excursion? If we do a 2 1/2 hour excursion, will it be dark before we get back?

We are on Silhoutte on 3/11/18, we are trying to figure out what to do in San Juan. If we arrive at 3:30 PM, what time can we get off the ship to do an excursion? If we do a 2 1/2 hour excursion, will it be dark before we get back?

Usually you can expect to disembark about 1/2 hour from arrival give or take. Just Google what time sunset will be in San Juan on the date you'll be there for the answer to your second question.

March 13, when we'll be there, Sunrise 6:43 AM Sunset 6:33PM. We're concerned about the short daylight period as well so we're just planning on strolling along the wall to the San Juan Gate, checking out the cathedral and the Coach store then meandering back toward the pier. Might grab the trolley for a quick circuit around town then find someplace to eat.

We have the same itinerary in April, have done it many times. We will walk around Old San Juan, stop in a few of the shops that have hand made items by local artists. We then go to dinner at Cafe Puerto Rico.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

We're on that cruise also. Just love strolling around the old city and walking over to the fort. There is so much character in this historic old town. Have done this itinerary before and i the evening it was nice to have dinner in the lido and sit outside and enjoy the lights of the city.

Before you head over to the fort, check the hours. A few years ago we had that itinerary and the fort closed at 4:00 pm, so that was not a possibility. Not sure of the hours now, but worth checking. I hate these late arrivals in PR. Most of the shops close at 5:00 (some stay open until 6:00) and I am not one to eat onshore when I have a nice Celebrity meal awaiting me.

We are taking a eating/drinking/historic walk tour with spoonfoodtours.com. the tour normally starts at 4pm and i was concerned about getting to the starting point on time so I contacted them. The day we're in San Juan the tour will start at 4:30. Their tours get excellent reviews on trip advisor.