Izumi Hibachi Times on Oasis/Allure

I was looking at the Hibachi restaurant in the cruise planner and it shows only 3 5 o'clock times and 3 9 o'clock times. Are those the only seating times or are there more available once on the ship?

You may be able to get other times onboard. I'd go to the venue as soon as you board.

I know it seems like they are missing times but after doing some research of my own I figured those are the only times available. And please, anyone correct me if I am wrong....

There are only three tables. Each table only seats 8 people. And because there are only three tables, they only have an early and late set of times available. Think of it like the set-times for the Main Dining Room.

So, table one has a 5:00 reservation available. Then table two has a 5:15 reservation, while table three is set for 5:30. After all is said and done for these times, then they will ready the tables again for the late sittings for 9:00, 9:15, and 9:30 reservations.

So each table is only used twice per night. I hope this makes sense.

BTW, it's the same on Harmony and I assume all future ships with Hibachi.

I know it seems like they are missing times but after doing some research of my own I figured those are the only times available. And please, anyone correct me if I am wrong....

There are only three tables. Each table only seats 8 people. And because there are only three tables, they only have an early and late set of times available. Think of it like the set-times for the Main Dining Room.

So, table one has a 5:00 reservation available. Then table two has a 5:15 reservation, while table three is set for 5:30. After all is said and done for these times, then they will ready the tables again for the late sittings for 9:00, 9:15, and 9:30 reservations.

So each table is only used twice per night. I hope this makes sense.

BTW, it's the same on Harmony and I assume all future ships with Hibachi.

Does the actual meal take 3.5 hours?

Does the actual meal take 3.5 hours?

I have had some that lasted a minimum of 2.5 with the show. then they have to turn the table over. maybe let the chef take a break. plus , how many chefs are trained for the show in the first place on board?

I have had some that lasted a minimum of 2.5 with the show. then they have to turn the table over. maybe let the chef take a break. plus , how many chefs are trained for the show in the first place on board?

Maybe that is the issue, the number of chef's onboard. We have a couple of hibachi places in town, and the meal does not exceed 2 hours. Turnover does not take very long.

For what it’s worth, we had a 7:30 or 8:00 reservation on the Oasis in September. I don’t think any groups were waiting for tables after us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our last two Allure cruises, we ate in Izumi twice. On both nights, there was one table that was empty. Passengers came in without reservations and were seated at the empty table. One night, only 2 people were seated at the empty table so they had the chef all to themselves. Frankly, we were wondering if Izumi was making a profit since only 2 tables were filled while we were there and the sushi restaurant was almost empty. Our meal took about 2 hours, but you could have finished it in 1.5 hours if you ate fast.

Is Izumi Hibachi worthwhile even if you don’t like seafood/ sushi? I’d love to try it but not really a fan of either, would much prefer chicken or steak

There are chicken and beef hibachi options.

Is Izumi Hibachi worthwhile even if you don’t like seafood/ sushi? I’d love to try it but not really a fan of either, would much prefer chicken or steak

You can definitely get steak or chicken and its definitely delicious. Have you been to a hibachi/teppanyaki restaurant on land before such as Benihana? Izumi Hibachi is nearly identical to those. So if you enjoy those types of restaurants, you'd definitely enjoy Izumi as well as you don't have to eat seafood or sushi.

No, never been & always wanted to try it but just (wrongly) assumed it would be mainly fish and sushi. Will definitely try it on our upcoming cruise. As others have advised, will try and book ASAP in the suite lounge when we board

Even on ships that don't have the hibachi option, they will have a hot rock option for dinner, again with chicken and beef choices.

We are on the Symphony in Dec. and they only show times 4:00 to 5:30 and then after 9:00 . I was trying to figure it out but after reading these blogs I understand . We are going to pass since it is too early or too late. Also, the price looks a little too high for what it is. I am sure its not any different than home for us which runs us around $50 to $60 with tip. I can't see paying almost a $100 for that! Bob