No more CNN?

datolim

To solve the choice of channels question....RCI could reduce the cost of Voom even further, and let everyone stream whatever news source or television network appeals to them....:cool:

I suggested something somewhat similar. I thought it would be a good idea to give everyone VOOM and provide the Compass and all the paperwork that comes into the cabin, online. This would eliminate lots of paper. The answer I got was, why not put it on your in room TV. I liked my idea better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To solve the choice of channels question....RCI could reduce the cost of Voom even further, and let everyone stream whatever news source or television network appeals to them....:cool:

Really is that possible. Buy the Voom package and I can watch CNN. I will consider cruising more often on RCI then.

Wish there was a decent American news channel that didn't have strong leanings. It's boring to watch either of those with their partisan approach to 'news', instead of trying to be objective. I guess that's where RT got their model from (and then just doubled down).

Hence, normally watch another international news service instead.

We had Sky News and BBC on OA in addition to FoxNews and MSNBC so there should be intentional news stations for you now or in the future as RCI changes the channel lineup on its other ships

I'm one of those weird people that actually likes that video. I'll even pull it up on YouTube occasionally, while counting the days between cruise, when I need to feel like I'm in that "on a cruise" frame of mind. Lol
Me too and I sang it to myself a lot on the cruise. My six year old triplet grandsons like the video too!

I suggested something somewhat similar. I thought it would be a good idea to give everyone VOOM and provide the Compass and all the paperwork that comes into the cabin, online. This would eliminate lots of paper. The answer I got was, why not put it on your in room TV. I liked my idea better.

I read somewhere that some of the airlines were reducing the price, and increasing the speed of their internet packages as well, and also eliminating the seatback video screens in the coach section. They say that people prefer using their own "device's", to be entertained on board. Not to mention the cost saving of maintaining those screens, and the ability to make the seatbacks thinner to squeeze in more seats, and lastly, to save weight and fuel consumption.....

We just got off Oasis yesterday, and we had Fox News, MS-NBC, BBC and a couple of sports channels. We didn't watch TV much but were happy to have choices other than CNN International. Unfortunately, when we got up Friday morning wanting to know whether the government had shut down and what was going on with the Dow, the satellite was down - it didn't come up until sometime Saturday.

A man at our table at breakfast Friday said the ships disconnect from the satellite and say it's down when they don't want passengers to see worrisome news, but that doesn't sound credible to me. Has anyone else heard such a theory?

BTW, we had a great cruise!

Margy

We just got off Oasis yesterday, and we had Fox News, MS-NBC, BBC and a couple of sports channels. We didn't watch TV much but were happy to have choices other than CNN International. Unfortunately, when we got up Friday morning wanting to know whether the government had shut down and what was going on with the Dow, the satellite was down - it didn't come up until sometime Saturday.

A man at our table at breakfast Friday said the ships disconnect from the satellite and say it's down when they don't want passengers to see worrisome news, but that doesn't sound credible to me. Has anyone else heard such a theory?

BTW, we had a great cruise!

Margy

We were on Serenade the week following the election and that’s all that was playing, CNN and CNN International.

... A man at our table at breakfast Friday said the ships disconnect from the satellite and say it's down when they don't want passengers to see worrisome news, but that doesn't sound credible to me. Has anyone else heard such a theory? ...

Never.

The channels on any cruise ship are not what we would care for or would pay for...But we don’t go on a cruise to sit in the room and watch TV. However, I do feel the need to stay abreast of current events worldwide and In the US. However, I won’t watch “Fake News” so I just get the internet package and read the news I trust.

Sent from my iPad using Forums