Lanyards

gambit57

Yes, I'm asking. :p:p

They still don't give them out, right? So what do people bring? Would you bring one from another cruise line if that's all you have? I have a bunch from DCL and found it very useful when walking around in swimwear all the time.

I have about a dozen lanyards.. one of which is an NCL, however, my favourite is one with a clear plastic pocket that allows me to hang it around my neck, with my first name, sailaway card, my itinerary all tucked into it. It's very convenient, especially if wearing a dress with no pockets.

Yes, I'm asking. :p:p

They still don't give them out, right? So what do people bring? Would you bring one from another cruise line if that's all you have? I have a bunch from DCL and found it very useful when walking around in swimwear all the time.

No lanyards. And no holes in key cards to clip on a lanyard. You can go to guest serivces and they will punch a random hole in your card or bring your own punch.

I've traded out my lanyards for wrist band. Doesn't get as gross and sticky with sun lotion etc. And a more acceptable tan line!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I would do this, but it drives me NUTZ to have anything hanging on my wrist. I've never been able to wear watches or bracelets.

What I like about the lanyards I get (have 3 pending on ebay for a total from the seller; this thread reminded me I need to replace a few of the colors), is they look like a piece of jewelry in the evening, and the bling falls right along the "v" of a top's neckline, or just adds a little pop to whatever I'm wearing.

We have our cards punched at Guest Services, and I have lobster claw clasps on most of my lanyards. Hubby just uses a plain 'ole black braided coach's whistle lanyard. Booooooooring!!!

Can you post a picture?

I always used the kind with the clear plastic holder cuz I can stick cash or tickets or other small paper things in there as well. Plus, I like saving my cards as souvenirs, and having a hole in it feels like it's damaging my souvenir. But that's cuz I've only ever seen plain rings through the holes. A funny one like lobster claws or a character through the hole would make me feel a lot better about punching a hole.

Can you post a picture?

I always used the kind with the clear plastic holder cuz I can stick cash or tickets or other small paper things in there as well. Plus, I like saving my cards as souvenirs, and having a hole in it feels like it's damaging my souvenir. But that's cuz I've only ever seen plain rings through the holes. A funny one like lobster claws or a character through the hole would make me feel a lot better about punching a hole.

I'm betting she's talking about the type of clasp vs something that actually looks like a lobster. If you Google it it's a clasp where one side opens when you pull down on the lever - a large number of necklaces have that type of clasp just on a smaller scale.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I brought my own union association lanyard from work...it was my first time trying to wear my card on a lanyard. And probably the last, because in the end, I found it irritating to have the lanyard rubbing on my neck all day, I'm going to do a hole punch and hang it from a belt loop next time I think.