Anyone else ever receive room service revenge?

RangerMom

I have slept thru room service before, but they call us and one of us always gets up and answers the door.

DO NOT FLAME ME FOR THE FOLLOWING:

Some of you are just stick in the muds. We pranked my sister and brother in law one year when we cruised together. They had gone to bed early and had their room service card on their door. I took it and "added" to it.... LOL. My sister in law, not being one to waste food, ate most of it.

On the way home, my SIL mentioned how generous Carnival was with their room service food. Well, me being me, looked over at my hubby and just started giggling. That was when she realized she had been pranked.

This was a few years ago and last year we lost our dear BIL to cancer. Not too long before he passed, we were having dinner with them when he brought up the trip and the room service. We all laughed about it again and I promised no more pranks on our next cruise! :(

I have slept thru room service before, but they call us and one of us always gets up and answers the door.

DO NOT FLAME ME FOR THE FOLLOWING:

Some of you are just stick in the muds. We pranked my sister and brother in law one year when we cruised together. They had gone to bed early and had their room service card on their door. I took it and "added" to it.... LOL. My sister in law, not being one to waste food, ate most of it.

On the way home, my SIL mentioned how generous Carnival was with their room service food. Well, me being me, looked over at my hubby and just started giggling. That was when she realized she had been pranked.

This was a few years ago and last year we lost our dear BIL to cancer. Not too long before he passed, we were having dinner with them when he brought up the trip and the room service. We all laughed about it again and I promised no more pranks on our next cruise! :(

I wouldn’t flame you- this was a prank against a family member. The previous poster said it was virtual strangers who did that to them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have the feeling that the kitchen staff is entirely too busy to plot revenge because you slept through your room service being delivered. I'm sure mistakes are made, and if everything was actually as you described, it was a mistake.

I'm guessing that paranoia and exaggeration have a lot to do with this post.

Believe what you want. It happened. I had written my name and cabin number on the hangout tag both times the night before. Fancy "lard" swirled in a little cup to look like cream cheese for my bagel and two small cups of bright red gelatin type sauce instead of strawberry preserves or jelly. Definitely NOT a mistake. We just didn't figure it out to begin with. I thought to take a picture of it on my phone after we left our cabin and went back later and they were just cleaning our room and had removed the tray. I doubt anything further was done (that was sarcasm), but who knows? Perhaps spit in our coffee pot? Just sayin.

Edited by RangerMom

I was just going to state that typically folks who lie or cause problems on boards do so within their first posts to the site. Rangermom has posted over 160 times prior to this issue. So I believe the OP and am not sure where all the animosity is coming from. It is no different from someone spitting in the soup or screwing with your order in a land restaurant. I think we can all agree that that is a possibility. So why not on a cruise? Humans are imperfect even out at sea.

We've never really had a "great" experience with room service, so I wouldn't put it past them to put the wrong condiments on your tray just out of their own... hmmm.. ineptitude? I know people will think that harsh, but it's part of their job and they don't do it well, so I think that's appropriate.

Do you really think they did this on purpose? I really find it to be reaching with all due respect.

I have no idea as I was not there. However, anything is possible, and why would the OP come on here after 160 posts and straight up lie? Why are others so quick to give the benefit of the doubt to Carnival and not the OP? I saw a video the other day on youtube where someone opened up their bread basket in the MDR and a bite was already taken out of a roll! And another video where someone was on his aft balcony and got hit by throw up chunks. Don't let me get started about other negatives I've seen or read about. I didn't imagine any of this as a possibility but it happened all the same. Bad stuff happens everywhere because some people including employees (gasp)...suck...for lack of a better word. Why would Carnival be exempt from this?

Recently off of the Carnival Liberty. The first night on me and my roommate put our breakfast order out the night before. I sleep with earplugs in. The next morning I slept through the knocking on the door, and the phone call and message left that room service was trying to deliver. My roommate remembers hearing the phone ringing but wasn't familiar with the sound and thought that it was maybe my cell phone making noise or something so she didn't get up. Later that day we noticed we had a message and we realized that our breakfast and coffee had in-fact been delivered and we didn't answer.

Two nights later we tried it again. I placed the order out the night before. This time I woke up to the very light tapping on the door, even with my earplugs in. A couple bananas that I ordered were not included on the tray and instead of cream cheese for my bagel they had put lard in the fancy dispenser and squirted it into the cup to make it appear as cream cheese. They also didn't send strawberry jam or jelly, it was two cups of some sort of bright red gelatin based something, perhaps a sweet & sour type sauce for egg rolls? Didn't even taste like that, however.

It took us a day to realize that it was in retaliation for the previous mistake of sleeping through the delivery. I'm just wondering if they had done anything to the fruit we did eat, or the pot of coffee we drank? Hmmmm. We have both contracted the flu or cruise-crud since.

How about going to get it yourself.

I have no idea as I was not there. However, anything is possible, and why would the OP come on here after 160 posts and straight up lie? Why are others so quick to give the benefit of the doubt to Carnival and not the OP? I saw a video the other day on youtube where someone opened up their bread basket in the MDR and a bite was already taken out of a roll! And another video where someone was on his aft balcony and got hit by throw up chunks. Don't let me get started about other negatives I've seen or read about. I didn't imagine any of this as a possibility but it happened all the same. Bad stuff happens everywhere because some people including employees (gasp)...suck...for lack of a better word. Why would Carnival be exempt from this?

I don't think it was a straight up lie...I just think certain people have a higher level of paranoia or think that they matter a bit more then then in actual reality...to think that of 100s of orders with 1000s of passenger's etc....that a specific employee would remember a specific customer is a bit of a reach and unrealistic....

We were both sick with the upper respiratory crud that was circulating on the Breeze. Rather than infect others, we ordered room service for lunch one day. I specifically ordered the meal for 2 people. I ordered 2 salads and 2 sandwiches and hot tea for 2. When it was delivered I noticed that there was only one set of silverware, no tea bags, only one cup, and only one salad had any dressing. I immediately told the girl who delivered it. She said they were very busy and suggested that since our cabin was on Lido we walk out in the rain to the Lido restaurant to get silverware, a cup, a tea bag and more salad dressing. I told her we were sick, thus the PJ's and robes and that I would call her supervisor. She left and was only gone a few minutes, and arrived back with wet hair and a rain soaked shirt, so it was pretty obvious that she went to the Lido herself and retrieved everything. Sadly, service has really gone downhill, not just with room service. We couldn't wait to get the ship, and of course there had to be a fog delay!

We did this once to my Sisters....2 Sisters in one cabin, me and my other Sister next door. The two next door went to bed early and me and the other Sis went out for a drink before going back to our own cabin . Passing their cabin on our way back to our room, we saw their door tag out for room service for the next morning. They only ordered for coffee and pastries. We added prunes to the list, we we guessing that this might help one of the grumpier Sisters. The next morning I hear my one Sister talking loudly "Prunes??? Prunes???? Sherry did you order Prunes?" We started laughing and they heard us and rang our room and we denied it of course, but they knew. It has been one of our favorite cruise stories....Prunes! BTW, younger Sis ate the prunes. No waste and we think she was a little happier after the prunes...who knows?

I don't think it was a straight up lie...I just think certain people have a higher level of paranoia or think that they matter a bit more then then in actual reality...to think that of 100s of orders with 1000s of passenger's etc....that a specific employee would remember a specific customer is a bit of a reach and unrealistic....

So you've easily drawn the conclusion that the OP is either paranoid or selfish. Yet it is difficult to believe that something like this could possibly happen through room service. I don't get this logic.

So you've easily drawn the conclusion that the OP is either paranoid or selfish. Yet it is difficult to believe that something like this could possibly happen through room service. I don't get this logic.

Easy logic - Paranoia is an instinct or thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of delusion and irrationality

IMO - An example of the OP

Easy logic - Paranoia is an instinct or thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of delusion and irrationality

IMO - An example of the OP

LOL! I can't believe you took the time to cut & paste the definition. I tend to give folks the benefit of the doubt. Particularly when I was not there & that person has posted over 160 times without incident. But to each their own.

Why did they know your cabin #??:(

I can only guess that the order form hanging on the exterior door handle has the cabin # on it. Dinner guests see it and check every box and leave it on the door for room service to pick up and fulfill the order & deliver the next morning.