Comedy show or Headliner?

Hello everyone! We will be on Oasis this spring with our 2 small kids. My wife and I are hoping to have at least one “date night” so to speak while the kids are in the kids club. The way our plans are shaping up it looks like we will only be able to choose either the comedy show or the headliner show for our parents night out. Having not cruised in over 15 years, I really don’t know which would be more enjoyable.

I realize that both comedy shows and headliner shows can be hit or miss depending on the particular talent, but in general which would you experienced cruisers choose if you could only choose one? Thanks for any info or suggestions!

The Headliner might be more family friendly, so maybe you could plan to do that one as a family (if whoever it is sounds interesting). Comedy club is indeed hit or miss, but most likely NOT family friendly, so it could be a fun, "adults only" date night. Note: this advice comes from someone with no kids :)

Hello everyone! We will be on Oasis this spring with our 2 small kids. My wife and I are hoping to have at least one “date night” so to speak while the kids are in the kids club. The way our plans are shaping up it looks like we will only be able to choose either the comedy show or the headliner show for our parents night out. Having not cruised in over 15 years, I really don’t know which would be more enjoyable.

I realize that both comedy shows and headliner shows can be hit or miss depending on the particular talent, but in general which would you experienced cruisers choose if you could only choose one? Thanks for any info or suggestions!

I'd chose the comedy show as it is adult material.

I'd chose the comedy show as it is adult material.

Agree. Without having any idea in advance of what the specific shows will be, it's a bit of a crap-shoot. But I'm pretty darn sure you won't take your kids to the comedy show. And the more intimate atmosphere of the comedy club just feels a little more special, IMO.

Date night is different for everyone. On a ship, you automatically have your restaurant with the main dining room. You can up the ante a little by spending a little extra for the for fee restaurant after you've made sure the kids have eaten. A huge date night thing if you want, is Chef's Table, which usually starts at 6pm and can coincide with the kids club, or using the babysitting services they have on board (I am unsure of how young your kids are or how inclusive the kids club is when it comes to evening hours).

There is a show every night, but depending on what ship you are on, there might be a feature show (Rock of Ages on Anthem, Mama Mia on quantum, Cats on Oasis) and those have set times, but other headliner shows are generally scheduled around early and late seating dining. Sometimes, they have a late night comedy show. You did say you were going on the Oasis, Cats would be their signature show, so if you want a date night, I would make reservations and use that as your date night show. All other production shows, you would probably not know unless you talk to someone on a previous sailing as those shows and headliners can change up depending on who's they've booked.

Agree. Without having any idea in advance of what the specific shows will be, it's a bit of a crap-shoot. But I'm pretty darn sure you won't take your kids to the comedy show. And the more intimate atmosphere of the comedy club just feels a little more special, IMO.

can't