In-room phone call rates

calmpets

I've noticed that most cruises more than 7 nights long now offer the distinctive voyage promo, which includes unlimited phone calls from your room. Does anyone know what the rate is for in-room phone calls if you don't have the promo? Just curious if it's become cheaper than using cellular at sea. Thanks in advance for any info!

It is only 120 minutes of free phone service.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. It just says "free phone call package", and I assumed it was unlimited. My bad! In any case, does anyone know what the out of pocket cost is for stateroom calls?

Not sure I understand the question but phone calls home using you room telephone is $4.95 per minute. If you go over a minute it is rounded up to the next minute. So if you talk five minutes and ten seconds, you will be charged for six minutes.

... does anyone know what the out of pocket cost is for stateroom calls?
Directly dialed calls from your own staterooms to shore and/or other cellular/mobile #'s were priced last year at $5 a minute, billed to onboard account (use those available, non-refundable OBC to offset it or "expense" it for business) over maritime network, which is typically far more reliable & consistent than VoIP or WiFi call using the iConcierge App, billed at 79 cents a minute with rounding up by each increment of a minute.

In-bound directly dialed calls to the stateroom is higher, charged to calling party's credit card - before the call is placed or put thru - $8 a minute was noted.

I stand corrected, but my impression was that under the "Voyage" offer, it was "unlimited" calling from the stateroom (with the fine prints) and not necessary "only 120" free minutes - check your own particulars & have a printout as proof, in case you use & exceed the "caps"

I've noticed that most cruises more than 7 nights long now offer the distinctive voyage promo, which includes unlimited phone calls from your room. Does anyone know what the rate is for in-room phone calls if you don't have the promo? Just curious if it's become cheaper than using cellular at sea. Thanks in advance for any info!

You are charged by YOUR phone company based on their rates. We have AT&T and they charge $2.50 per minute (we get charged if a call comes through, even if it is not picked up). $0.50 per message for text messages. $1.30 per message for any text message with a photo or video. $8.19 per MB for data (that's $8190 per GB).

Not sure I understand the question but phone calls home using you room telephone is $4.95 per minute. If you go over a minute it is rounded up to the next minute. So if you talk five minutes and ten seconds, you will be charged for six minutes.

Wow, that makes this perk worth $600? Pretty generous perk!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
You are charged by YOUR phone company based on their rates. We have AT&T and they charge $2.50 per minute (we get charged if a call comes through, even if it is not picked up). $0.50 per message for text messages. $1.30 per message for any text message with a photo or video. $8.19 per MB for data (that's $8190 per GB).

.50 cents for outgoing texts.

.10 cents for incoming.

Have your calls forwarded to your voicemail to avoid charges for unanswered calls.

Directly dialed calls from your own staterooms to shore and/or other cellular/mobile #'s were priced last year at $5 a minute, billed to onboard account

On the Escape now and it is still $4.99 a minute. 👍🏼👍🏼

On the Escape now and it is still $4.99 a minute. 👍🏼👍🏼
Great, that's good to know ... always nice to have a "plan C" including costs, cause emergencies are often unplanned at the worst possible times. Extended family is going to help takeover the ship this Sunday upon your returning on the Escape, please kindly keep it in nice shape :halo: We won't get our chance to check out the Escape this Fall.

How's the ship's WiFi ... if you used it ? Dockyard always sell that paid WiFi day pass, but never find the signal that strong or usable on the ship. We used DigiCel on our most recent stop and that was great, even had services on the Fast Ferry en route to St. George ... any updates or comments to share ? Much appreciated.