Pre-buying alcohol to be delivered to room

southernsands18

• 1 month later...

Everyone who pre-orders bottles for their cabins do this all the time, at least the majority do. I usually do not carry a flask, but I do pre-mix a drink (Scotch on the rocks) in one of the glasses from the room and carry it with me all over the ship. One time I brought red solo cups and carried that around with me and saved the glasses in the room to drink on the balcony. Full disclosure, you are supposed to drink the liquor in your cabin, but honestly do not know of anyone that does that. I may bring a flask with me on my next cruise just to save me some steps back to the cabin.

I preordered bbeer to my cabin..will I be allowed to drink the beer on deck..or just in my cabin?

Cathy

The bottle of beer you preorder to your cabin looks exactly like the bottle of beer that they sell on deck, so how would anyone know which is which?

No, it was a private TA, not Carnival. It took her several days to get it straightened out. This is the last email she sent to me before finally talking to someone who knew about it:

Carnivalres knew nothing about a discount... I just emailed my Business DevelopmentManager

I do not know who the Business Development Manager is but apparently they knew :-)

And I did not see anything that said that I was charged a fee for delivery - my total cost thru Carnival was $120.00 (60 per bottle, no tax and no delivery fee).

So was it Carnivals business development manager? I want to try this with my TA, but I'm hoping to get more info to pass along so we're both not lost. Lol. I only have 4 weeks until my cruise 😫

So if I order a bottle from the Fun Shops could I then transfer part into a flask to mix with my Diet Coke from my bubbles package during the evening or is this an unapproved activity?

If you buy from the Fun Shops they do not give you the bottle until the last night of the cruise.

My problem is the Scotch you can order for delivery to your room is swill. I wish they had a program where you could prepay a fee...say $80-100 to bring on board a liter of your favorite booze.

The Scotch I want to drink on my balcony runs about $180 a bottle. I rarely can have it as I'm not rich. But I would treat myself if I could.

• 1 year later...

southernsands,

What was the size of the vodka bottle?  I am thinking of pr-ordering the Absolut vodka online.  It says it is 1 liter.   But Absolute does not sell a 1LT bottle; just 750 ml and a 1.75. 

Also, people were talking about a $12 delivery charge.  When I go to order the it does not show any cost other than the $85 per bottle price.  Maybe the delivery charge has been dropped????

Linda 

On 7/31/2018 at 8:48 PM, Chief93 said:

My problem is the Scotch you can order for delivery to your room is swill. I wish they had a program where you could prepay a fee...say $80-100 to bring on board a liter of your favorite booze.

The Scotch I want to drink on my balcony runs about $180 a bottle. I rarely can have it as I'm not rich. But I would treat myself if I could.

Would you mind declaring what that $180. 00 name is? I find Johnny Walker Black is good enough for me. 

12 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Would you mind declaring what that $180. 00 name is? I find Johnny Walker Black is good enough for me. 

Laphroaig 18.  Beware....this is an Islay malt. If Islay ain't your thing, you might curse me while you pour it down the sink.

If Islay is your thing, one ounce, three drops of distilled water, let it sit a few minutes.  A very fine dram.

On 2/6/2018 at 7:23 PM, rocat1997 said:

We just came back from 7 days on the Breeze. We bought 2 bottles of alcohol. 1 Seagrams 7 and 1 Bacardi rum. It was kinda a pain to keep going back and forth to the room. The cost of both was $188. And we didn’t drink them fully dry. The Mango Madness or kiss on the lips was $10.50 each. I could’ve bought 18 of them. I don’t think we will buy bottles again. It was a major pain to keep returning to the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what empty water bottles are for. 

On 10/6/2019 at 11:13 AM, Chief93 said:

Laphroaig 18.  Beware....this is an Islay malt. If Islay ain't your thing, you might curse me while you pour it down the sink.

If Islay is your thing, one ounce, three drops of distilled water, let it sit a few minutes.  A very fine dram.

Just want to chime in that there is a whiskey class on the Vista.

$29 pp. Very informative as it goes through the history of scotch whiskey and you get to sample 9 different whiskies.

Sponsored by Dewar's so of course a few samples were from them 

I'll post a full review in that when we get back but it was well worth the money IMHO.

29 minutes ago, tandemcruzr said:

We're on the Legend out of Tampa on Oct 19. We bought alcohol and wine for delivery to our cabin. There is an 18% delivery fee and a 7% local tax.

did you pre-order from the website and did it show those fees

or

did the bill the delivery and tax to your sign and sail account after you were on board

inquiring minds would like to know

On 10/8/2019 at 9:14 AM, elcuchio24 said:

you can order from room service also while onboard 

We (I) ordered another bottle of rum during the week from room service on our recent 8 day. First one had a leak or something (which was pre-ordered).

They charged $85.00 no delivery, gratuity, tax, etc....which I was surprised and thought it was probably an error.

Brugal Anejo Rum

Edited by thesmiths

46 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

did you pre-order from the website and did it show those fees

or

did the bill the delivery and tax to your sign and sail account after you were on board

inquiring minds would like to know

Pre ordered with charge to my credit card. Fun Shops confirmation shows the sales tax and the delivery fee. Delivery fee and sales tax applied to alcohol bought and not the water.

Edited by tandemcruzr
Correction

1 hour ago, thesmiths said:

We (I) ordered another bottle of rum during the week from room service on our recent 8 day. First one had a leak or something (which was pre-ordered).

They charged $85.00 no delivery, gratuity, tax, etc....which I was surprised and thought it was probably an error.

Brugal Anejo Rum

maybe since the first bottle was defective? thats a happy mistake on their part 🙂