Beyond (Edge 2) Spring 2020.....

Ox Fan Cruiser

• 2 weeks later...

I would expect Beyond itineraries and bookings will be announced with the Spring/Summer 2020 through Winter/Spring 2021 deployment announcements which may take place this October-December if Celebrity follow the last few years deployment timeframe.

I anticipate Beyond will launch with late Spring/Summer cruises in Europe before repositioning to Florida for Fall/Winter/Spring 2020/21.

Edge will be in the Caribbean for her winter season for 2019/20 doing 7 night Eastern and Western cruises, and most likely will return to Europe in summer 2020. I predict both Edge and Beyond will be in Florida for a winter 2020/21 season of cruises, with perhaps one doing 10/11 (or 9/12 pattern) night salings and the other on the 7nt runs..... Or both do the 7nt runs...... No supporting evidence but it would follow the history of Celebrity as a brand to do so.

I'm hoping that either Edge or Beyond will do Alaska in a few years.

Considering that Celebrity are just adding a second Solstice class ship for summer 2019 and are holding to a three ship Alaska fleet, I highly doubt we will see an Edge class in Alaska until the Millennium class start to leave the fleet. They will go to 3 Solstice class before adding an Edge class in my opinion.

I foresee the Edge class sticking to Caribbean and European deployments for quite some time as those are the bread and butter of the Celebrity brand.

Considering that Celebrity are just adding a second Solstice class ship for summer 2019 and are holding to a three ship Alaska fleet, I highly doubt we will see an Edge class in Alaska until the Millennium class start to leave the fleet. They will go to 3 Solstice class before adding an Edge class in my opinion.

3 Solstice class in Alaska would be a mistake going up against the competition.

Beginning this summer in just 3 months 2018, the new NCL Bliss will be arriving in Alaska to easily take over as the newest and by far best ship sailing in Alaska.

Celebrity doesn't need 3 Solstice ships in 2019/2020 going up against Bliss, and should roll out Edge in Alaska to counter.

3 Solstice class in Alaska would be a mistake going up against the competition.

Beginning this summer in just 3 months 2018, the new NCL Bliss will be arriving in Alaska to easily take over as the newest and by far best ship sailing in Alaska.

Celebrity doesn't need 3 Solstice ships in 2019/2020 going up against Bliss, and should roll out Edge in Alaska to counter.

Bliss will be the newest, but best is debatable. Having sailed the EPIC and the Escape, I feel that these ships are amongst the most crowded I have ever experienced, and VERY inwardly focused. Far too much public space was devoted to specialty dining and the attendant galley space resulting in small overcrowded lounges. Also very few of the public areas had a decent view of the ocean, resulting in a very closed in claustrophobic feeling. Also the NCL ships lack an indoor pool which is a great plus for Alaska. Bliss will remedy some of the issue with the large ship top observation lounges, but that still doesn't fix a lot of the other design issues.

Celebrity has never been about sending their newest flashiest ships to Alaska, and I think with parent company RCCL sending Ovation to Seattle in 2019 to compete with Bliss that they are happy to have the Eclipse, Solstice and Millennium compete more directly with Princess and HAL. If anything in 2020 I could see Solstice take over for Millennium in Vancouver, Eclipse staying in Vancouver and either Silhouette or Reflection repositioned to Seattle, however this scenario is unlikely given the conservative approach RCCL/Celebrity have had in the region.

I find it a little hard to believe that Celebrity would miss putting one of their newer ships in the 2019-2020 Caribbean season. Maybe they are planning that but it might just mean no cruise for us that winter. We've done all the S-class in the Caribbean multiple times. After sailing Edge, its debatable whether I'll want to go back. After S-class came out I didn't book anymore M class ships.

I find it a little hard to believe that Celebrity would miss putting one of their newer ships in the 2019-2020 Caribbean season. Maybe they are planning that but it might just mean no cruise for us that winter. We've done all the S-class in the Caribbean multiple times. After sailing Edge, its debatable whether I'll want to go back. After S-class came out I didn't book anymore M class ships.

Bookings are currently open for Edge in the Caribbean for fall 2019 through Spring 2020. I'm not quite sure where this misconception has stemmed from on the boards.

All ships (except Galapagos) have their full schedules available for booking through Spring 2020. Schedules beyond April of 2020 have not yet been published for any ship in the fleet. I fully expect Edge and Beyond to both Sail Europe for Summer 2020 and Caribbean for Fall to Spring 2020/2021.

Bookings are currently open for Edge in the Caribbean for fall 2019 through Spring 2020. I'm not quite sure where this misconception has stemmed from on the boards.

All ships (except Galapagos) have their full schedules available for booking through Spring 2020. Schedules beyond April of 2020 have not yet been published for any ship in the fleet. I fully expect Edge and Beyond to both Sail Europe for Summer 2020 and Caribbean for Fall to Spring 2020/2021.

I searched for them this past week but came up with zero. Maybe I'm somehow missing them on Celebrity's brilliant website.

I searched for them this past week but came up with zero. Maybe I'm somehow missing them on Celebrity's brilliant website.

Their website has been EXTRA "special" this week ..... and beyond useless!

I'd suggest looking at one of the large online cruise agency sites as they are far more accurate and reliable than Celebrity's own :eek:

Bliss will be the newest, but best is debatable. Having sailed the EPIC and the Escape, I feel that these ships are amongst the most crowded I have ever experienced, and VERY inwardly focused. Far too much public space was devoted to specialty dining and the attendant galley space resulting in small overcrowded lounges. Also very few of the public areas had a decent view of the ocean, resulting in a very closed in claustrophobic feeling. Also the NCL ships lack an indoor pool which is a great plus for Alaska. Bliss will remedy some of the issue with the large ship top observation lounges, but that still doesn't fix a lot of the other design issues.

Yes the Brand NEW Bliss is debuting in Alaska 2018 and sailing the Mexican Riviera Oct/Nov 2018.

After 4 Seasons, Solstice will be replaced as the Most Modern and Newest ship in Alaska 2018.

Solstice since 2009 days ARE Now Gone BY,,,, and remember it was a beautiful time.

NOW that a NEW Bliss Ship has come to replaced the lady Solstice, it's a new time for Celebrity to realize a new region is ready to be expanded.

And by the way we are not going to EVEN bring up Celebrity's entertainment.

"Best" is a relative term based on ones personal preference, and newer does not always equate to "better".

I know based on spending nearly 30 days on both Escape and EPIC I will NEVER book an EPIC/Breakaway/Breakaway Plus class ship again, period! I don't care how new they are or what they offer entertainment wise. They are CROWDED, CROWDED, CROWDED - period, end of. Also too inwardly focused for my taste, and (except for the observation lounge on Bliss) are poorly suited for cold and wet weather sailings that drive large #s indoors which drives up the crowding in the relatively small bars/lounges on decks 6/7/8 that have limited oceanviews.

While Celebrity entertainment may not be equal to NCL (subjective), I appreciate the bright, uncrowded interiors and gracious service. The ships may not be the newsest, but still have lots of appeal to me at least.

Each to their own I guess