What type of power outlets are on the cruise?

FSU Girl

Will I be okay plugging in my American hair straightener on the cruise? I know the cruises I’ve been on have had American outlets and were fine. I’ve never been on celebrity so wanted to double check. Had a bad experience once where an outlet in Italy melted my hair straightener.

Had a bad experience once where an outlet in Italy melted my hair straightener.

If you fried your straightener it was because you plugged a 110 volt appliance into a 220 volt outlet. Never use an adaptor to plug a North American appliance into a European outlet unless it is dual voltage.

On FOS in 2016 DW was using her hair straightener in a plug by the desk. Little did we know that the smoke detector was right above her. Suddenly, the smoke alarm went off - no way to shut it off. Phone rings - I explain what happens and they shut the alarm off. A couple of minutes later a couple of very angry armed security types show up. One was understanding, the other muttered and swore the whole time - the MF word being prominent. The point being, watch where the outlets are in relation to the detector.

On FOS in 2016 DW was using her hair straightener in a plug by the desk. Little did we know that the smoke detector was right above her. Suddenly, the smoke alarm went off - no way to shut it off. Phone rings - I explain what happens and they shut the alarm off. A couple of minutes later a couple of very angry armed security types show up. One was understanding, the other muttered and swore the whole time - the MF word being prominent. The point being, watch where the outlets are in relation to the detector.

Different lines, different designs. Still, my question is what was causing the smoke? Was it coming from the outlet or her hair? :halo:

Different lines, different designs. Still, my question is what was causing the smoke? Was it coming from the outlet or her hair? :halo:

Definitely the hair. In her defense the straightener did seem a lot hotter than at home, but......I hope she doesn't read this. :)

Depending on the types of hair products being used, a bit of smoke isn't that unusual with straighteners or curling irons.