Should I cancel this cruise?

Peachypooh

We were scheduled to go to the Eastern Caribbean and our ship the Jade switched to Western due to the hurricane damage.This was after final payment. Two day ago I booked the Getaway to see some of the ports we missed seeing. I just read on the St. Thomas board that the Getaway has switched back to the Western Caribbean through the end of September. We would leave aprox. a month after that. We got caught last time because the changes were made after final payment and don't want a repeat. I know that nobody knows but perhaps someone has some more input? I am thinking of waiting another year. Anyone receive any info before I call NCL myself? Thanks.

Our cruise was one that switched from Eastern to Western and it was after final payment. We could have received a full refund if we wanted, also if you book travel insurance some will reimburse you for the itinerary change. We decided not to cancel since it would have been a headache with flights, etc.

I’m sorry but it’s a crystal ball moment. We didn’t expect August to get switched 11 months after Irma but it has. If you really want to go eastern you may be better waiting for next year and choose something else this time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were scheduled to go to the Eastern Caribbean and our ship the Jade switched to Western due to the hurricane damage.This was after final payment. Two day ago I booked the Getaway to see some of the ports we missed seeing. I just read on the St. Thomas board that the Getaway has switched back to the Western Caribbean through the end of September. We would leave aprox. a month after that. We got caught last time because the changes were made after final payment and don't want a repeat. I know that nobody knows but perhaps someone has some more input? I am thinking of waiting another year. Anyone receive any info before I call NCL myself? Thanks.

If you wait a year, there will be a hurricane in the Atlantic in 2019.