Did the price of a coke go up?

asalligo

Hi

So the thought is to try and drink eight pop a day so you don't feel like you are being "ripped off"? I don't know...sounds like the people who try to drink 15 alcoholic drinks a day to get their "money's worth" out of the Cheers package. That all makes as much sense as sitting at the buffet and eating until you are sick.

I can't understand when people compare the prices on a ship with the prices at Walmart (I know the old story about Carnival being the Walmart of cruise lines) and say it is a rip off. If you want to compare prices of anything on a cruise line you should compare it to the price on another cruise line. You don't go to a restaurant and compare the price with what you pay at Walmart. If you don't want to pay the price to eat at a restaurant nobody is forcing you, you can eat at home. Complaining that prices are going up is pointless. There has been very low inflation for at least the last ten years, I would imagine that's going to be changing. Just save a little more before you go on vacation so you don't feel you need to drink 8 pop a day to feel you are getting your money's worth. It will be easier on your body.

Not sure where I got ripped off. I paid $2,600 for a 7 day grand suite, we didn't buy any excursions from Carnival, bought very little alcohol, less than $100. We received two bottles of wine from Carnival HQ. We attended one Chef's table @ $75 each, bought four steakhouse dinners and Carnival HQ comp'd two steakhouse dinners. Gave extra tips to Cabin stewards. Didn't pay for any other food or shopping. Where did I get ripped off? I got a cruise with a lot of cutbacks but can't see how I got ripped off.

You two stop it now. :rolleyes::rolleyes:Way off topic and the answer to the OP's question has al ready been answered.

Buy the bubbles package. Its about $8 a day for unlimited soda. A few times they gave me a can. I know its still a rip off but you can easily get enough soda to make it a buck a soda.

So the thought is to try and drink eight pop a day so you don't feel like you are being "ripped off"?

Who said I drank eight or tried to?

You implied (or we inferred) you did, when you said "you can easily get enough soda to make it a buck a soda".

I look at it as $8/day for unlimited refills on soda/tea/juice, which I can switch around whenever I want, anywhere on the ship. So my daughter and her friend (if they should ever cruise with us) would probably love that.

I agree with other that trying to compare it to soda on sale at Wal-mart is a fool's errand. The beers they sell you at $5 or $6 each are also overpriced by that logic, especially when you consider they are not taxed like they usually are (in most places). I'm paying for the convenience of being already chilled, easy and relatively frequent access, and you know, someone actually serving them (vs me just grabbing one from the fridge behind the bar myself).

I can't understand when people compare the prices on a ship with the prices at Walmart (I know the old story about Carnival being the Walmart of cruise lines) and say it is a rip off. If you want to compare prices of anything on a cruise line you should compare it to the price on another cruise line. You don't go to a restaurant and compare the price with what you pay at Walmart.

You can't take something off of another cruise line and bring it onto Carnival or get their prices on Carnival. You also don't take things from Walmart into a restaurant and ask them to cook it for you or eat your outside food in a restaurant. The difference is you CAN take your drinks that you purchased from, yes, Walmart, onto a cruise ship and drink them to save money. That's why people compare prices of sodas from land to ship. Do you take your own Tylenol with you when you cruise when you can simply buy it on the ship? Personally I would rather pay a few bucks for a bottle on land than pay $10 for 2 Tylenol on the ship. That's just me though.

Lots of things are going up on your Carnival cruise this year. Brace yourself.

Regardless, the cruise is still cheaper than other cruise lines. I would rather pay a bit more for individual items than the cost of the cruise going up. Check them out. IMHP.

I can already tell it's gonna be a crabby day here on Cruise Critic! Now does grandma need to remind you all to mind your manners???

Bottom line is, if it's worthwhile to you, buy Bottomless Bubbles. If it's not, don't! Whether you buy them individually onboard, bring on your own soda, or drink water, only each of you can decide the right way to go.

Now go to your rooms and don't come out until you can be nice to each other!

I can already tell it's gonna be a crabby day here on Cruise Critic! Now does grandma need to remind you all to mind your manners???

Bottom line is, if it's worthwhile to you, buy Bottomless Bubbles. If it's not, don't! Whether you buy them individually onboard, bring on your own soda, or drink water, only each of you can decide the right way to go.

:) I can tell we could be friends!

With your mindset, you fail to realize you are getting ripped off before you even step on board. The price of soda is the least of your worries.

SO, if "you are getting ripped off before you even step on board", why do you cruise? "With your mindset" you should never leave your house or buy anything anywhere!

After watching them give cokes to kids who had the package at a bar I decided that I would never want the package.

They had a bunch of glasses with ice in them sitting on the bar. Most of them had melted down some and had about an inch of water in the bottom, Then the bartender poured some hot coke into the glass till it foamed out the top and handed it to them.

No way do I want to drink a watered down, cool coke. If I can't get an ice cold can or bottle, forget it.

Hey girl, I don't jump in very often due to being chastised for just having an opinion. Once because of poor punctuation, I just read for the fun of it .but I do have to tell you that I absolutely love your attitude ❤️thanks for putting a smile on my face

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure where I got ripped off. I paid $2,600 for a 7 day grand suite, we didn't buy any excursions from Carnival, bought very little alcohol, less than $100. We received two bottles of wine from Carnival HQ. We attended one Chef's table @ $75 each, bought four steakhouse dinners and Carnival HQ comp'd two steakhouse dinners. Gave extra tips to Cabin stewards. Didn't pay for any other food or shopping. Where did I get ripped off? I got a cruise with a lot of cutbacks but can't see how I got ripped off.

Please, whatever you do, continue to cruise with Carnival.

I just ordered a 6 pk of coke and a 12 pk of bottled water, the grand total with tax was $17.01. It will be delivered to my cabin. I always ask the cabin steward to bring ice and ice bucket on the first day and have never been without ice on any cruise. This lasts us pretty much all week! Just an idea.