Adults on Pullmans?

Jaynay

Wondering if an adult would be okay in Pullman. Mostly reading about kids in them. Heights don't bother my sister or me. I'm 5'2, she's 5'7. Taking mother and sister on cruise and we are dreading the lumpy pullout couch, ouch! and especially lack of space for mom. Currently booked C1 Ocean view balcony Oasis room. Since I'm treating them, it's hard $ to move up to jr suite or 2 rooms. Sister remembers the pullmans favorably from Enchantment many years ago and thinks she can plop herself up there. I'm thinking foam for couch and praying mom doesn't stumble (she shuffles).

Your thoughts?

I have never slept in one and would really hate to wake up an evening to use the room and forget I am up in the pullman:D To bad we didn't notice if one was in our room during one of our cruises, our daughter had the sofa bed and it was terrible. Our cabin attendant brought in another mattress for her.

Agree, same size as the 2 single's below. We had our double below split up, each half against the wall. With 2 Pullman's when you walked in the room it looked like 2 sets of Bunkbeds

This is what my mom and two nieces did many years ago when all four shared a room, but the nieces slept in the pullmans. Teenagers. My sister tried the Pullman then and said it seemed great. But my research here has only showed kids in them. If enough of you are positive on adults sleeping in pullmans, I may change from my great large balcony (4 sea days) to the Pullman in favor of more room space for mom. I sleep comfortably in the top bunk of our rv, although it's more spacious than the Pullman. The rv couch - hate that middle seam.

Thank you for your continued input. It means a lot.

I have never slept in one and would really hate to wake up an evening to use the room and forget I am up in the pullman:D To bad we didn't notice if one was in our room during one of our cruises, our daughter had the sofa bed and it was terrible. Our cabin attendant brought in another mattress for her.

Luckily I'm used to that; mom gets the bed on the odd occasion when we travel with her in our rv. DH is an angel - and we're not youngsters ourselves - she is so sweet and appreciative of everything, easy to spoil.

This is what my mom and two nieces did many years ago when all four shared a room, but the nieces slept in the pullmans. Teenagers. My sister tried the Pullman then and said it seemed great. But my research here has only showed kids in them. If enough of you are positive on adults sleeping in pullmans, I may change from my great large balcony (4 sea days) to the Pullman in favor of more room space for mom. I sleep comfortably in the top bunk of our rv, although it's more spacious than the Pullman. The rv couch - hate that middle seam.

I am a 6' adult and can say from direct experience having slept on a Pullman on more than one occasions on two different RCI ships they definitely can hold an adult. The weight limit is in excess of 200 lbs.

Your welcome, and Thank you...

Jaynay what made this sofa bed horrible for our adult daughter, we actually thought the legs or support at one end were broken as the bed sloped downward. I offered to trade with her a few nights and she said, Mom you wouldn't want to sleep in this thing. LOL As it was one morning we were rocking pretty good and she had a hard time getting out as she kept getting rolled back to center. We had 3 in the JS.