Looking to book the Grand Princess in May 2019 to Alaska, looking for insights

GusandGina

Hi everyone, we are looking to book the Grand for May 2019 from SF to Alaska round trip inside passage.

Looking for comments on aft balcony's, I am looking to book on Caribe deck and the very last balcony.

Does it matter if we do port or aft?

Is there alot of vibration?

I want the aft balcony for the viewing and it looks like those balconies on the caribe deck are larger and half covered?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, this is our first Alaskan cruise.

Thank you in advance! :cool:

We loved C752. The port side aft-facing balcony on Caribe. Yes, there is vibration. It didn't bother us at all. I told my wife I used to have to put quarters in the bedside machine to get vibration in the hotel bed. We'd book that cabin again in a heartbeat. Some would hate it. We loved it.

Thanks!

That is the cabin I am looking at! Is the vibration there all the time?

Love your saying about the vibrating bed, lol.

We loved C752. The port side aft-facing balcony on Caribe. Yes, there is vibration. It didn't bother us at all. I told my wife I used to have to put quarters in the bedside machine to get vibration in the hotel bed. We'd book that cabin again in a heartbeat. Some would hate it. We loved it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone, we are looking to book the Grand for May 2019 from SF to Alaska round trip inside passage.

Looking for comments on aft balcony's, I am looking to book on Caribe deck and the very last balcony.

Does it matter if we do port or aft?

Is there alot of vibration?

I want the aft balcony for the viewing and it looks like those balconies on the caribe deck are larger and half covered?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, this is our first Alaskan cruise.

Thank you in advance! :cool:

If you purchase the Reflections DVD that sell in the Photo area, make them play the DVD when you pick it up so you can see if it is good or not. I didn't and now have a DVD my player or laptops can not even open. Save your money...

We always stay in aft cabins. We love the view and sound of the wake. Yes there is more vibrations than mid ship, but we like it. You can notice it more when the ship is traveling a bit faster - usually the last sea day. Our favorite time on the balcony is when we leave Glacier Bay. We get room service and eat out there while watching the glacier and mountains disappear. We’re up on deck going into Glacier Bay and while at the Marjorie (sp?) Glacier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums