Elite Perks

crisp1

It's been a while since our last Princess cruise. Elite benefits include 'internet credit', does the credit vary by length of cruise? We will be on the 10 day Royal in a couple of weeks. We were able to switch out the mini bar for a bottle of wine last time. Does anyone know what wine(s) are offered as substitutes. Is the wine tasting usually on a sea day- what time of day?

Thanks

It's been a while since our last Princess cruise. Elite benefits include 'internet credit', does the credit vary by length of cruise? We will be on the 10 day Royal in a couple of weeks. We were able to switch out the mini bar for a bottle of wine last time. Does anyone know what wine(s) are offered as substitutes. Is the wine tasting usually on a sea day- what time of day?

Thanks

Re: Internet

Complimentary Internet Credit

Each Platinum Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle member will receive a complimentary Internet credit to be used either on the computers in our Internet Cafés or wireless Internet on the passenger’s personal wireless device. The amount of complimentary Internet is determined by the length of the sailing.

• Voyages 7 days or less, 150 minutes
  • Voyages 8-20 days, 250 minutes
  • Voyages 21+ days, 500 minutes

AFIK wine availability varies by ship. You need to call Room Service and they will tell you what is available and arrange the swap. I have found that there are typically low end few choices.

Wine Tasting is typically on a sea day near the end of the cruise and I remember the time being 3:00 PM

Enjoy your cruise and be sure to check out the guest photo contest photo gallery on all cabin decks

Thanks

I have previously managed to get 2 bottles of wine for the mini bar swap.

Wow, what ship was that on.

I've never gotten that lucky.

Me neither.

One bottle of either generic white or red can be exchanged for the mini-bar. You can ask for a credit towards a more expensive wine.

Wine tasting is generally toward the end of the cruise on a sea day. The last one I attended was very "short" in comparison to previous ones. And no shot glasses anymore. In fact, there was a plate of cheeses in the middle of the table. Changes are coming.

Me neither.

One bottle of either generic white or red can be exchanged for the mini-bar. You can ask for a credit towards a more expensive wine.

Wine tasting is generally toward the end of the cruise on a sea day. The last one I attended was very "short" in comparison to previous ones. And no shot glasses anymore. In fact, there was a plate of cheeses in the middle of the table. Changes are coming.

Yep.

I can see it now-

Bring you own snacks to wine tasting. :D

Yep.

I can see it now-

Bring you own snacks to wine tasting. :D

No, no, no... It will be Curtis Stone: Share the Wine!!! Bring your own bottle of wine (in a brown paper bag) and pass the bottles around. The "cheaper" tasting you will drink from the bottle. The "chef's" tasting you will get a small paper cup.

We've tried a couple of wine tastings and they were a bit on the lame side. We did enjoy the wine flights in Vines with a group on one cruise. I believe if it was advertised as a Stammtisch Table. We did the red wine flights and enjoyed it enough that we came back for the white wines although we aren't big fans of most white wines.

No, no, no... It will be Curtis Stone: Share the Wine!!! Bring your own bottle of wine (in a brown paper bag) and pass the bottles around. The "cheaper" tasting you will drink from the bottle. The "chef's" tasting you will get a small paper cup.

We've tried a couple of wine tastings and they were a bit on the lame side. We did enjoy the wine flights in Vines with a group on one cruise. I believe if it was advertised as a Stammtisch Table. We did the red wine flights and enjoyed it enough that we came back for the white wines although we aren't big fans of most white wines.

I am so sorry to inform you (Thrak) that by the time you reach Elite, all of the perks will have been watered down. You better get there quick!