How long can one do this??

rjrice1

Wondering how long one can hold a cabin for?

We booked a cabin and the decided I want to upgraded it. For the past 3 days every time I try to

book this cabin it is unavailable. Yet it shows it is.

Spoke to a Carnival Rep and was told it was on hold. I thought you can only hold

a cabin for 24 hours.

That depends. If it's the one you're heading on in 15 days it could be on hold for an entertainer, VIP, or Carnival beard that "may" come onboard. If it's for a cruise later in the year it might be in a block reserved by a travel group.

Edited: I see your next cruise is on Princess.. so I'd go with the travel agent reason

Edited by JaneyLynn
actually read your signature :)

Most courtesy holds that I have used are for 48 hrs then right before it expires I get an email to extend it for another 24 hrs if I want to. So it is possible that something like this could happen and show as a hold cabin or someone ele jumped on it after you released it.

Wondering about this because we booked Pride for January, 2019. Just did the same cruise and we had ext. bowling alley cabin on deck 8. For 2 weeks I have been trying to book the same cabin. I book on CCL website. Click on extended balcony, it shows 2 cabins left on deck 8, but when you click on it nothing happens. Thought it was just a "glitch" but for 2 weeks?? :confused::( Finally just booked a regular balcony cabin. Wonder if the 2 cabins that are left in that category are on hold. :confused:

Still the cabin shows up as available.. but when you click it on it tells me "unable to hold"

I have been trying for almost a week.

Already have a cabin but want to upgrade it

Wish people'/TA would either put their $$ down to hold it or let somebody else get it.

Sort of like those who get up early to hog their many chairs and not show up for hours..

Gee.... still on hold. This is a particle handicap room.

It's not one but 3 ..

Just wish they either put their $$ down or let somebody else have the opportunity to book it.

You NEED a handicap cabin?

Then I’d get Carnivals Special Needs Dept involved and get my cabin booked.

Called customer service. Was transfer to a booking rep.

Well he was very sweet.... he unblocked all the cabins. Said it

was notice that the cabins were being on hold for a long.. long time

Now I will keep this as a surprise my husband (our 25th wedding anniversary and his "70" birthday)

If I book from CCL website, how do I put a hold on a cabin?

I was able to do it by going through the booking process and then when you get to the end where you start paying money, click a link to anywhere else on the site. They'll pop up a message asking if you really want to leave this page and lose all the info you put in and if you want to think about it they will put a hold on the reservation and give you 24 hours to cancel with no penalty. They even give you booking number.

I was able to do it by going through the booking process and then when you get to the end where you start paying money, click a link to anywhere else on the site. They'll pop up a message asking if you really want to leave this page and lose all the info you put in and if you want to think about it they will put a hold on the reservation and give you 24 hours to cancel with no penalty. They even give you booking number.

Ah, thank you. Yes, I have gotten that message many times.Did not know it had a surprise attached lol. ;)