My Celebrity to be replaced

soloadventurer

On the phone to Celebrity UK this morning regarding problems with "my celebrity" profile update & captains club number prompt

Still not sorted but after a Rep spoke to their IT dept she was informed ( then informed me ) My Celebrity is looking like it will be replaced in April and testing on a new site starts tomorrow.

From The Who

Won't Get Fooled Again"

We'll be fighting in the streets

With our children at our feet

And the morals that they worship will be gone

And the men who spurred us on

Sit in judgement of all wrong

They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution

Take a bow for the new revolution

Smile and grin at the change all around

Pick up my guitar and play

Just like yesterday

Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

The change, it had to come

We knew it all along

We were liberated from the fold, that's all

And the world looks just the same

And history ain't changed

'Cause the banners, they are flown in the last war

Just like yesterday

No, no!

I'll move myself and my family aside

If we happen to be left half alive

I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky

Oh I know that the hypnotized never lie

Do ya?

There's nothing in the streets

Looks any different to me

And the slogans are replaced, by the bye

And a parting on the left

Is now a parting on the right

And the beards have all grown longer overnight

Just like yesterday

Don't get fooled again

No, no!

Meet the new boss

Same as the old boss

Been hearing the same song from Celebrity for years.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On the phone to Celebrity UK this morning regarding problems with "my celebrity" profile update & captains club number prompt

Still not sorted but after a Rep spoke to their IT dept she was informed ( then informed me ) My Celebrity is looking like it will be replaced in April and testing on a new site starts tomorrow.

I have been leading for some time with the following problem, and even though I call the CC they tell me not to worry that everything is fine or to contact my travel agent: Celebrity says my name does not match in the Captain's Club and on Reservations, when this is not true and verified by themselves.

Those who developed the new site are novices with no experience in the field and also I believe Celebrity computers are full of Gremlins.

I have been leading for some time with the following problem, and even though I call the CC they tell me not to worry that everything is fine or to contact my travel agent: Celebrity says my name does not match in the Captain's Club and on Reservations, when this is not true and verified by themselves.

Those who developed the new site are novices with no experience in the field and also I believe Celebrity computers are full of Gremlins.

Celebrity and RCL are getting what they paid for with second rate developers and we get to suffer for it. There have been a few areas in which the site seems to be improving but overall it's still pretty bad.

We just got back from our first land Holliday after 9 years of cruising, it was with a major UK tour operator and I was seriously impressed with their IT in terms of handling both my booking and administration of my holiday once booked. Everything worked flawlessly and as a result it encouraged me to view the site more often and indeed book excursions on their site. Their App worked just as well and was intuitive and reliable. RCI are woefully behind on their IT. I’m sure this has evolved from a time when they thought “most of our cruises are too old to use IT”but how things have changed. Imagine a Celebrity app where it remembered your details without the need to keep logging in and you could buy dining, Internet, excursions with ease........that’s where RCI should be now instead of constantly playing catch up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just got back from our first land Holliday after 9 years of cruising, it was with a major UK tour operator and I was seriously impressed with their IT in terms of handling both my booking and administration of my holiday once booked. Everything worked flawlessly and as a result it encouraged me to view the site more often and indeed book excursions on their site. Their App worked just as well and was intuitive and reliable. RCI are woefully behind on their IT. I’m sure this has evolved from a time when they thought “most of our cruises are too old to use IT”but how things have changed. Imagine a Celebrity app where it remembered your details without the need to keep logging in and you could buy dining, Internet, excursions with ease........that’s where RCI should be now instead of constantly playing catch up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19 trips 0 ports? :D

We do the same. Screen shot or print. In fact, I just did a new screen shot of sailing history and current bookings, including today’s date, just in case. We do the same with airlines.

My wife includes all printouts in a binder that will be in our carry-on. Since we plan to look into booking our next cruise on board she even has the details for all those possibilities. Kind of cruise scrap:Dbooking.

We do the same. Screen shot or print. In fact, I just did a new screen shot of sailing history and current bookings, including today’s date, just in case. We do the same with airlines.

It is so sad that nowadays that we have to do the jobs of everyone, along with our own. It only seems to get worse. I had an incident with OBC and thankfully, I had my paperwork. Now if my $500 is finally credited after a month, that will be a miracle. I do believe in miracles!