Finding Things on the X Website

cltnccruisers

I think we're mostly agreed that problems with the X website are legion. From access issues to booking to luggage tags - the list goes on and on. Today I was on a thread that dealt with Cruise Planner Missing Items, specifically booked shore excursions for the OP. After the normal sympathies and jibes were exchanged, gerelmx provided a solution.

When you log to the cruise planner with the booking data, click on shopping history. For me the excursions and the drinks packages are displayed.

I didn't see shopping history but order history was there and when I selected it, voila`! there were the drink packages I hadn't seen since day one. Who'd have thunk it? The Cruise Planner page from this route seems much more robust than I've seen before - really pretty useful.

So that got me poking around a bit more. There are FAQs, for example, with several routes to them. On the Home page they are at the bottom under Customer Support. Now I'm not saying they will solve all problems but I did see some helpful entries. So give it a shot before pulling your hair out or heading to the liquor cabinet - well, at least before pulling your hair out.

The downside about the FAQs is that they really need to be fleshed out more. There also needs to be a search engine - somewhere to enter "How can I find my booking details?" that would give you gerelmx's solution.

If you have any handy solutions like this and post them on this thread I would be happy to make a list, check it twice and try to get it to someone useful at X.

Edited by cltnccruisers

They had all these problems and more on the website that preceded this one when it was first rolled out. Then they spent a while building that one out, and it worked for the most part after a couple of months. Then they updated to this newer version (almost a year ago?) and suddenly everything was back to square one. A lot of the errors that had been resolved before re-appeared. The FAQ was laughably bad for the first few months. I stopped trying to answer questions altogether because it was almost impossible to find an answer, let alone the right answer. The newer website has gotten better in the last few months, but I still don't find it as useful as the one that it replaced. Hiding stuff in the cruise planner is one of the biggest downsides because you can no longer link to the info. The only real improvement is that it works better on phones. Big whoop, especially when you're trying to research. I suspect that they'll be ready to replace it when all of the kinks finally get worked out.

They had all these problems and more on the website that preceded this one when it was first rolled out. Then they spent a while building that one out, and it worked for the most part after a couple of months. Then they updated to this newer version (almost a year ago?) and suddenly everything was back to square one. A lot of the errors that had been resolved before re-appeared. The FAQ was laughably bad for the first few months. I stopped trying to answer questions altogether because it was almost impossible to find an answer, let alone the right answer. The newer website has gotten better in the last few months, but I still don't find it as useful as the one that it replaced. Hiding stuff in the cruise planner is one of the biggest downsides because you can no longer link to the info. The only real improvement is that it works better on phones. Big whoop, especially when you're trying to research. I suspect that they'll be ready to replace it when all of the kinks finally get worked out.

Absolutely agree. The FAQs are weak but they have improved a bit. I think part of the problem may be that the developers and project managers don't seem to be cruise people. Consequently, we seem to have ended up with a patchwork site that may have most of the tools but is not logical at all. And no search engine? I don't think I've seen a website without one for at least 10 years - or maybe it's there but buried deep in the bowels with the bilge pumps.

Absolutely agree. The FAQs are weak but they have improved a bit. I think part of the problem may be that the developers and project managers don't seem to be cruise people. Consequently, we seem to have ended up with a patchwork site that may have most of the tools but is not logical at all. And no search engine? I don't think I've seen a website without one for at least 10 years - or maybe it's there but buried deep in the bowels with the bilge pumps.

The website is terrible for a whole bunch of reasons. As you say, the people doing the design work probably have never tried to use it as a passenger. Also, it appears that all of the hundreds of component parts probably work ok, but no one has attempted - or at, succeeded - to integrate them into a single, comprehensible package.

As for the search engine, there I disagree. It's on the splash page, top right corner next to the Sign Up/Log In button. That said, I often find things more quickly using Google, including items that the website search engine sometimes doesn't find at all. The danger in using Google, of course, is that the website might have newer information.

The website is terrible for a whole bunch of reasons. As you say, the people doing the design work probably have never tried to use it as a passenger. Also, it appears that all of the hundreds of component parts probably work ok, but no one has attempted - or at, succeeded - to integrate them into a single, comprehensible package.

As for the search engine, there I disagree. It's on the splash page, top right corner next to the Sign Up/Log In button. That said, I often find things more quickly using Google, including items that the website search engine sometimes doesn't find at all. The danger in using Google, of course, is that the website might have newer information.

I stand corrected - not sure how I missed that - but I was thinking more about searching FAQs for specific How-tos. For example, search for Reservation Details and you don't get anything remotely like the Cruise Planner solution ( I even logged in to see if that made a difference.). It's more a general information search. One test search did get me to the Sitemap, though, and that's helpful

I stand corrected - not sure how I missed that - but I was thinking more about searching FAQs for specific How-tos. For example, search for Reservation Details and you don't get anything remotely like the Cruise Planner solution ( I even logged in to see if that made a difference.). It's more a general information search. One test search did get me to the Sitemap, though, and that's helpful

I'm chuckling here because I suspect that CC members who actually use the website have a better idea of "How to ..." than the website team. Through trial and error and sharing information as Gerardo did earlier, we can slowly learn to function.

I'm chuckling here because I suspect that CC members who actually use the website have a better idea of "How to ..." than the website team. Through trial and error and sharing information as Gerardo did earlier, we can slowly learn to function.

Which is what prompted me to start this thread. If people start posting useful tips like that I'll happily compile a list and share. It would be nice if X would get the hint but I;m not holding my breath.

Does anyone know how to sign up for a cruise critic connections party that doesn't involve emailing CelebrityOneTouch@Celebrity.com or calling 1-844-418-6824? Before the new site you could click a link here or go onto the Celebrity site, enter your info and get an immediate response as to how many were signed up and a confirmation that the party would be held once the required 25 were registered. Now, none of that happens.

Does anyone know how to sign up for a cruise critic connections party that doesn't involve emailing CelebrityOneTouch@Celebrity.com or calling 1-844-418-6824? Before the new site you could click a link here or go onto the Celebrity site, enter your info and get an immediate response as to how many were signed up and a confirmation that the party would be held once the required 25 were registered. Now, none of that happens.

I just went through this process for our March cruise. The CSR was able to confirm we were signed up but didn't have access to see how many were on the list.

I suspect that Celebrity has lost interest in hosting connection parties. The sign up process has been broken for so long that people have given up trying to sign up. Even if you call the Captains Club and give them your information, there's no guarantee that information will reach the ship. I've given up hoping for connection parties to happen.

Works fine for my upcoming March cruise, but when I enquire for your December 9 cruise I get the No Cruise Critic Party details has been found on the given sailDate message.